Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
45° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 58°. It will remain a partly cloudy day with a mild breeze of 3 to 8mph. No rain is forecast for today.

Yesterday I had to be on the road for most of the morning again, but it wasn't bad. Rusty was feeling better after his three shots he got. In the afternoon I was home and working here getting caught up on things. Today I should be home for the day but who knows.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
48° here and it looks like another cool, dry day here. Took a longer-than-usual bicycle ride yesterday, followed by mowing Mom’s yard. Leaves are beginning to fall here and the high temperature of 60° felt pretty good. When I got home, Little Miss Martha had fried up a mess of Crappie for supper. That was a pleasant surprise.
We’ve had some chilly nights here but haven’t lit the wood stove yet. I gotta admit, JR’s picture looked pretty comfortable yesterday. Looks like another long weekend at work but I may still find time to inspect and brush the chimney. They say it will hit 70 today so it should be a nice evening at the range.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Mornin boys...
43 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Didn't get much done yesterday, did go into work to be told that they couldn't do what I went in for til Friday...be ok...lol
Guess fall has fell, been cool for several days and it's felt good. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 40,clear and 62 later. Great day for the big rummage sale in Owattona. Wife has to go. They have a lot of guy stuff so me also.
Good amount of writing done yesterday. I do have 6 blank pages to fill and no ideas with what.
Hope everyone has a blessed Thursday,
Ken

·
Registered
579 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 48 going to lower 60's should stay dry. Haven't done much last few days, not feeling up to speed yet. Lots of things to get done before winter gets here. Special Prayers for all in the path of the storm, which isn't done yet. Be safe my friends Prayers to all of us and country. Mike

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Good morning friends and neighbors. It's 45 heading for 68 in Indy and I'm heading for far away exotic Darlington, IN to sow golf seeds. Only about an hour's drive for me. Coulda' rode with the other guys but there are a couple of gun shops I need to visit on the way home. Need!

Yesterday, I started doing my usual can't-just-leave-it-alone routine on the CZ I picked up at TinMan's shooting gallery. Heavy factory trigger needed some fiddling to bring it inline with our other CZs. Research tells me the options are a Canadian outfit, YoDave Triggers, or a specific spring from McMaster-Carr that I'd probably have to buy a dozen of. The Brooks trigger kits are the cat's @$$ but they're no longer available. Visits to Ace Hardware and Menards got me a couple of candidates and I ended up using the Menards spring with a few coils clipped off. Ended up with a 2# trigger that will bump fire. Not the best option! The genius at Ace Hardware tried to sell me an extension spring with a loop on each end even though I had the factory compression spring along for comparison. "Ace is the place.....". So, last night while going through the surplus parts boxes, what do I find? Two Brooks trigger kits complete with assorted springs and roll pins I should've remembered were here somewhere. I'll be taking the nice 452 back apart this afternoon.

Gotta' hit the road. Have a good day.

PS: Continued prayers for Florida. Friend sent me a photo of water nearly up to car roofs in downtown Ft Myers.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
morning all. 44 here with 70 later and clear today. No moisture yesterday but was humid all day.
Worked on the balers a little yesterday morning, tried to bale in the afternoon, got 50 bales made but part of the field was still too
wet to bale, maybe today. Boss man and one grandkid got another field of oat hay stacked, still more to go.
Not sure what will happen today, but sure something will.
Have a great day, be safe and prayers for those in the storm, and those with health issues.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Great morning folks,

46° with cloud cover and no breeze here near HalfwayUSA. We may see 60° later as the forecast calls for sunshine later this morning.

Old hunting partner was resting on his couch when I left. I spoke with him about 7:30pm & he said he slept about 2 hours. Still a bit wobbly after the anesthetic but doing better.

I did some lawn mower therapy when I got home. After that, I worked on family tree stuff.

I slept about 8 hours last night, first time it quite a while. Looking ahead to today's chore list - run the weed eater around the edges & inspect the chimney. Might have to go find a rummage sale too.

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Good morning all you varmints! It's 46 here, 50 at the house and headed to 68 today. Beautiful fall weather. Last night I got my yard mowed...all but the back yard. Didn't feel like push mowing. I'll get it at some point after this rain this weekend. It's not out of hand yet. The other night I went to run my trash down and the tractor ran out of gas. I put some in and it wouldn't start. Last night I tried again, still nothing, so I took the fuel line off the pump. Bone dry. Put more gas in and dropped the fuel line to the ground and let it gravity feed. Had to fill up the line and filter then reinstalled. That worked! Getting smarter in my old age, I guess. Like Mikey, glad my dad taught me things. Comes in handy sometimes.

S.H.I.T. Tom! It's my last day of work this week. Picking up the boat tomorrow! I need to go to the bank today to get a cashier's check. That'll clean out the savings in a hurry! Ah well, can't take it with you!

Gotta run. Prayers sent, especially for Florida. My kids are taking Lillie to Disney next week...maybe...

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. 58 headed to 72 .
Got most of piddling complete yesterday. Headed to Richmond VA to see one of the doctor this afternoon . Everyone have a safe and comfortable day.
HHH

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 44º and clear here headed for the mid 70's.

Yesterdays visit to the Eye Doctor went well. He did some test and said he didn't see any Neurological damage in my right eye and thought it would clear itself up. I was worried as MS can affect your vision. To top it off the concrete contractor showed up and did the prep work for my driveway extension. They plan to pour it this morning.

Not much planned for today. Since its cooler I may do some housekeeping in the garage. I may try to finish organizing my lead stash.

We had an active shooter situation here yesterday morning. This was in a hospital near us. We kept seeing a lot of helicopter traffic and finally heard about it on the radio. One killed and the shooter in custody. There should have been a public hanging at dawn this morning!

Prayers offered for those in need, our Country and those affected by the storm.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Good morning everyone... it was 38° this morning on the back porch. At the shop now and need to cut some steel for the dairy to come pick up. I will be welding the last bit of the 5th wheel plate in the shop as well and hope to get it installed today then on to the tow rig on the semi sitting here.
I loaded some 6ppc for a 2-300 match this weekend and need to go shoot for a few after work today or tomorrow. I want to get sighted in a 300 before I go as to not waste any of my few sighters we're allowed.
Also day before yesterday I went by the farm I hunt and I seen something start across the road...pulled out the bino's and sure enough it was a big ol ground hog...first one I seen up there in a while. Not sure whether to give him a pass until next year or smoke him now!
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Bill61080, when you say “Canadian Fish Trip”, where do you go? And what are you catching? Years ago the sweet heart Canadian fish trips were to Chapleau for walleye or pickerel depending on if you are American or Canadian. But then again perhaps from west of Lake Michigan you may take a more westerly track.
The TV hasn’t been on yet so I don’t know the status of our Florida friends. I’m sure it’s still wet and wild down there. Our daughter’s in laws are flooded out for the second consecutive year and I’m not sure where that is in Florida but I’d be thinking of a different location for a winter home. I’m a coward that way.
I’m not sure what I’ll get into today but I’m sure I’ll make it exciting.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
No real big plans for the day yet, maybe the trip to Costco since it didn't happen yesterday. Don't know what happened last night, but my back hurts this morning. Don't know if it just the change in weather or what. I will be taking it easy for sure until the kinks get worked out.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Good amount of writing done yesterday. I do have 6 blank pages to fill and no ideas with what.
Pictures, Ken, readers like pictures. Put those 6 blank pages in the middle, which makes them Hump Pages. Then fill 'em with photos of photogenic young ladies pulling reloader handles. You're welcome. No charge. 😁

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. At 11 a.m. it's 56 in Louisville, going to 71. I think the low this morning was 47.

I woke a little early this morning, so now I'm more than ready to get my arse out of this chair and actually do something today. Need to make a bank run (not the same as a run on the bank) and might screw that new 6BR barrel on, who knows.

Heard a LEO was fatally shot in Lexington last night, but that's about all I know. JR can probably fill me in.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for our nation.

·
Registered
126 Posts
58° and no wind. Yday it ran dbl digits all day long. THEY say 75° for tomorrow. I'll take that and do a thorough wash on the Highlander so l can garage it and apply multiple coats of polish etc for winter. It still beads from last year's regimen. Mpg has fallen to 38. I'm thinking time for an air filter change.
We "lost" our mailbox Tues between 0230 when neighbor left to deliver melons to Cincinnati and 0730 when his wife drove by. Looks like ! West to east hit - clean smoothed it right off the platform. Wife thinks combine corn header snout. Even though l don't know the area/farmers like she does, l haven't seen one in this immediate area that didn't have the head on a separate carriage. Who knows. Told the Sheriff jic. Will install the new barn style today.

Ft Myers Bch: Dinah and her Sis each have a ground floor condo across the street from the Gulf. I guess there will be a "Special Assessment" in the making. :/ l've suggested selling that thing as the Gulf, sandy beaches and $4 scoop ice cream has no draw for me.

Been getting into Revelation in Sunday school. At teacher's suggestion, picked up a tome by Bullard. It is living up to it's billing, super interesting.

Today is National Coffee Day!! Drink up Mi Amigos.
Tom out

1 - 20 of 32 Posts