Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
48° here in Upstate NY this morning with clear starry skies, nice to see after a couple of nasty days. The high today is to be up about 70° and the ensuing days are supposed to be nice.

Another busy day yesterday and the rest of this week will be also. I have to watch my scheduling as I don't know how long it will take to do cement at the club tomorrow.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Good Morning

54 this morning in NC Ohio with sunny skies to follow. I did secure 4 boxes of 17HMR ammo yesterday and a new Lyman reloading manual. Best I read up on reloading since it been so long the last time I did it. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Mornin George and the gang...
54 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Good day fishing yesterday, caught my biggest smallmouth.
20 1/2" long and almost 15" around. didn't have scales so
don't know how much it weighed. Several rocks over 10 lb
and hybrid, stripe, and other bass. 1 paddlecat 34 lb.
That's the 4 of us, had a good day.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Good Morning from Beaver Dam Arizona. 78 now going to 104 today. The trailer AC is working double overtime trying to keep it cool. We had planned on making it to Grand Junction Colorado tonight till the front brakes hit the wear indicators yesterday. So it is off to Mesquite AZ for new brakes at 7am today. They told me I needed to be the first one in line at the service bay.
We had a great time yesterday talking old tools, photographing boxes and scanning documents.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
morning all.. 44 here and headed into the mid 80s again today.
Didn't get much done yesterday, sprinklers in the morning then to town for doc appt. in afternoon. Spent a bunch of the boss mans' money at the new Holland store :D. Now to put those parts on the hay machine so we can start cutting alfalfa. Ordered parts for the seeder, won't be in till next week so will get it out of the shop so other things can come in.
Running slow this morning, better step it up.
Have a great day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

Ken, which way are you going out of Grand Junction? Just wondering... Dean

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 62 in Louisville and gonna shoot up to a very warm 87 today. It's been fairly pleasant the past 3-4 days, but it's amazing how my veggies and flowers in pots are still drying out pretty fast. Maybe it's because the plants are in full growth mode and sucking up lots of water, whether it's hot or cool.

Big birthday for Mikey today as I turn 66 and now qualify for my full Social Security benefits. Since I'm still working, I'm delaying my payments until I retire. If I went ahead and started drawing, I'd just lose most of it to taxes.

Kermit, I checked several fish weight calculators and their best guess is that your smallie was right around 5 pounds. Since you caught smallies, rocks, hybrids and a spoonbill, I'm guessing you were in running water, which is my favorite. With some of the rocks over 10 pounds, I'm thinking you guys had an absolute ball. Hope you got a photo of that smallie.

Big gun show on Saturday and Miss Cindy has an all-day church event to attend, so I shouldn't have much trouble getting in a little fun time.

Have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Particularly great morning everyone,

62°, high hazy clouds, slight breeze & today we should get to 80° here near Halfway USA.

Busy busy day yesterday. Weather was spectacular - 70° & mostly sunny though the day. Washed, waxed & detailed the old Ranchero. Power washed the Redneck Limo in anticipation of getting it painted & rust proofed underneath. A little more wire brush work and it will be ready to coat. Debra Dearest snagged me away for a bit while the power washer was out. We pulled up all the rubber tiles on the patio and cleaned those thoroughly. I didn't actually say out loud what I thought of that task. :rolleyes: I even got a few 22BR rounds filled & put in the box.

I was up when the stars were out yet as well. Sure was nice & quiet. Been at it already. Got some tools to exchange at Sears. A stop at Cabelas to pick up an order & a couple rummage sales are on this morning's agenda.

·
Administrator
11,796 Posts
good morning folks. It's 55º here with bright sunshine. Running a little late. Was supposed to meet the plumber at 7, but he didn't show. He called and said he had a guy without hot water to go to first, but hopefully he'd be at my place by 7:30. That didn't happen. Went into work and am waiting for him to call and see if he'll get to it today or if it'll be next week. :rolleyes:

I got my yard mowed last night, but the ole widow neighbor's was too mushy. It'll have to dry out quite a bit before I attempt it. I guess that means I'll be baling it again too. It's already a good 8" high right now. Be a foot before I get to it. After I mowed, I pulled weeds in the front flower bed. I'm about 3/4 done that bed and I pulled 2 wheelbarrows full of weeds. Still have 3-4 smaller beds to work on, then mulch. Like Mikey said, everything is growing crazy right now.

Well, I guess I better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts