Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
56° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature expected to get up to about 73°. We had a line of thunderstorms come through last night and there was a chance of hail but we didn't get any here. The wind was quite strong and I have leaves on the deck and lawn this morning.

I have to do some running and get computer parts this morning and then this afternoon do some repairs.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Great morning folks,

55° with some dew in the grass, clear sky & it's going to be beautiful again to day here near Halfway USA.

The Girly Jeep is officially for sale because Debra Dearest is officially buying a 2017 Ford Edge. That poor salesman was reluctant but she wrangled him down to under $30k.

Despite a little wind, we installed a canopy over the back deck in the afternoon. No one sailed away. :eek:

And once again, power washing the garden shed was delayed. This morning it is first on the agenda.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Good Morning

Good morning from NC Ohio with 54 and sun and dry day of 80, the heat returns Saturday. Have a 16 yard dumpster on the way today, the old pole barn should be much better by Sunday with another ex-wife bon fire this weekend. Think I will head to LaRue and get some homemade brats to celebrate!!!! Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
morning all. 53 this morning and header toward 82. Slight chance of showers somewhere. 100% chance of wind, got some yesterday, 10 drops of rain and wind enough to take out trees and power poles!
Trip to town wasn't too bad, gave blood, got parts and even finally got my CCW ID card made up! Didn't get a checking account started for our family gravel pit partnership. Need more info on all the members.
New tire on one sprinkler and work on another late yesterday afternoon. A couple more for today then work on another hay swather and if time I'll start on my baler. It had two flat tires and several other things that need help.
Better get along, have a blessed day and be safe out there.
GOD BLESS. Dean

We finally started cutting hay yesterday, many of the neighbors have theirs baled already! We're slow, I know!!!

·
Administrator
11,786 Posts
Good morning gang. It's 63º with low humidity and SUNSHINE this morning. We are fairly dry too. Yesterday's showers tapered off early in the morning and the storms missed us last night. Garden is still a swamp, and I haven't seen any new sprouts of grass yet. I'm hoping soon. I was able to work on plugging some holes in the boat console before Sue got home last evening. I got them plugged with bits of dowels epoxied in, and put a little gel coat on. Another round of gel coat and I should be done. Found a hole in the floor, by a drain plug in the transom that needs attention. The wood under the floor is rotten, but it appears it didn't penetrate the transom. I'm just going to plug the hole with epoxy, to prevent further water intrusion. It should dry itself out in time...I hope.Its inside a compartment, so you don't walk on it. No big deal...yet.

Well, I guess I should get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 69 in Louisville, going to 87. We should have sun and lower humidity today.

We had a pretty bad fire yesterday afternoon at the Kentucky Center for the Arts, so if any of you have tickets for upcoming events there, at some point you need to call and make sure it's still scheduled. The fire mostly involved the roof, but that caused water damage inside, mostly in a lobby area. This type fire isn't too unusual if it's a flat roof that's being patched with hot tar and torches. In this case the roof is corrugated metal and apparently the fire was started by sparks from a grinder.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
X Wife bonfire

Good morning from NC Ohio with 54 and sun and dry day of 80, the heat returns Saturday. Have a 16 yard dumpster on the way today, the old pole barn should be much better by Sunday with another ex-wife bon fire this weekend. Think I will head to LaRue and get some homemade brats to celebrate!!!! Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike
If I had one of those here, Dean would see the Smoke at his house in Colorado.

Weather guesses totally changed the forecast, but I am headed to the Hayfields anyway.
Over and Out.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Happy Birthday

Happy B day VolDoc any many more!! JR I think we should be careful not too draw the attention of the fire department !!! Mike

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Good news Voldoc! Despite you being another year older today, them Volkittens are still younger. :D

Happy birthdecade pal.

Happy Birthday Voldoc!!!! Age is just a state of mind....(and state of body). It seems like we don't hear much of the Volkittens much anymore, tragic as it is.

Steven

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Passed the stone yesterday after dinner.
Worst looking 1 yet, I'll send a pic to Mike or Charlie and see if
They'll post it.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Good afternoon.....spent the better part of the morning at a company doing some consulting on their welding. Seems they had a part fail in the field and are pretty wound up about it...for good reasons.

Glad to hear you passed that boulder Donnie.....must be a side effect of those darn Roogers.:D

Happy Bday to Voldoc!
Also Happy ex-wife bonfires to MPC....let it burn big....I'm sure there's more than one Fireman that will understand.

Well off to weld something else hope everyone has a good day!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts