Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Thursday Morning

640 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Kermit in Va. 
#1 ·
73° here in Upstate NY this morning, it is supposed to be cooler today with a high temperature of about 78°. We also have a 50% chance of rain today with less humidity.

Yesterday was another very hot one with high humidity, I spent my day working on computers but at least I had air conditioning to work in. We had our gun club meeting last night and it was a very productive meeting with a good turnout of members. Today I hope will be a little slower day for me as I am tired somewhat, the heat and work have taken a little toll on me.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Good Morning

71 and going to only 85 today with rain on the way. All the insulation board in my 40 x 48 pole barn is falling down. So to hold it up I've decided to have metal siding installed in white color. Haven't got the price yet but sure it's gonna HURT!!! That way its going to last longer than I will. Oh well, can't take it with me when I go! Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

#3 ·
Good morning all. It’s 71 in Indy and I’m not ready for these shorter days we’re getting already. Gotta’ get moving despite not sleeping worth diddly squat.

Have a good day.

#4 ·
morning all. 45 with low 70s for a high. We got some rain last evening! Might even be enough to see in the rain gauge, haven't gone out yet to look, still dark.
Really didn't get much done yesterday, worked on the turn signal lights on one of the stock trailers. More on the pickup than the trailer. Seems when the new flat bed was installed they wired the plug wrong for the left turn, finally got it figured out and re-wired.
Sprinkler repair man came out and got one going that I couldn't, so it's running again.
Just waiting for the hay to dry but won't happen today.
Have a good day and remember the prayer requests.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#5 · (Edited)
Good morning folks. It is mid 70's now with highs in the low to mid 90's later. Last hot steamer for awhile they say, as remnants of Gordon bring some rain our way. Forecast looks wet the next 6-7 days so I was sure to finish up my mowing last night, otherwise I'd need to bale it. I definitely need new mower blades and probably a belt after that mess. It's so high and thick as cat hair. I could smell the belt burning at times under load.

Mom's car has been giving her fits, so I told her to buy a new one. Her's is 14 years old and just about 100K. She went shopping with a friend yesterday while I was at work and found a 2018 Equinox she liked and asked them to work up the numbers on their "best price". Wasn't a horrible deal, but we found another local dealer with the same vehicle, different color, for $1K cheaper online. I asked if she wanted to go look after I got off work and she did. She loved it and asked them to work the numbers. They ended up being almost $2K cheaper after tax, tags, title and other BS charges. No brainer, right? She gave them a deposit and should pick it up Saturday. She called the other dealer and told them not to bother, and they almost begged her to buy from them. Said they'd find that color vehicle and beat the deal. Sure they will.:rolleyes: Mom told them "I asked for your BEST price and obviously what you gave me wasn't your best. I'm not playing your games." LOL They called her 3 MORE TIMES last night. I'm all for capitalism and all, but why do car dealers have to be such D!CKS? It's always a pain in the @ss shopping for a car and you end up feeling violated in the end.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Gotta get busy. Have a good one.

Charlie

#6 ·
Mid 70's and cloudy in the hollow. Looks like today will be spent at my desk for the most part. Shuffling paper and punching keys.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

#7 ·
Your right Charlie. Car shopping is a major pain and you do feel used and abused afterwards. They are masters at it and practice every day.
My SIL needed a car a year or so back and the line she fell for was: "There's going to be a shortage of used b/c of the flooding in TX or wherever. She asked, I told her it was BS, she went ahead anyway with that lying Oil Can Harry. Lead'em to water........

#8 ·
I HATE buying cars. I never left a deal not feeling stiffed. I wish they would leave their wallet on the dresser and I could get my fair share "afterward". And I was an insurance adjuster and had access to all the necessary information to work a deal.
My last few vehicles purchased were using a local shop that went to exec auctions. I discuss parameters and he buys. I pay him cost plus $1000 when he brings it back. That covers his cost of the day lost and a small profit as he brings back other cars.. I never felt I got a bad deal. The last was a V8 Ford Explorer that no one would touch during the gas crunch and beginning recession in 2008. Sticker was $33K new, had 25K mikes so still 10K warranty and bought for $15.5. Still driving it.

#9 ·
We have had similar experiences to T.D.C.. If you are a member of a credit union, see if they have a car buying service. We have bought three cars so far through them, and will use them again. Got exactly the car we wanted, great price, great service. Bought both new cars and exec auctions cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.