Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Thursday Morning

643 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Kermit in Va. 
Good morning folks. It is mid 70's now with highs in the low to mid 90's later. Last hot steamer for awhile they say, as remnants of Gordon bring some rain our way. Forecast looks wet the next 6-7 days so I was sure to finish up my mowing last night, otherwise I'd need to bale it. I definitely need new mower blades and probably a belt after that mess. It's so high and thick as cat hair. I could smell the belt burning at times under load.

Mom's car has been giving her fits, so I told her to buy a new one. Her's is 14 years old and just about 100K. She went shopping with a friend yesterday while I was at work and found a 2018 Equinox she liked and asked them to work up the numbers on their "best price". Wasn't a horrible deal, but we found another local dealer with the same vehicle, different color, for $1K cheaper online. I asked if she wanted to go look after I got off work and she did. She loved it and asked them to work the numbers. They ended up being almost $2K cheaper after tax, tags, title and other BS charges. No brainer, right? She gave them a deposit and should pick it up Saturday. She called the other dealer and told them not to bother, and they almost begged her to buy from them. Said they'd find that color vehicle and beat the deal. Sure they will.:rolleyes: Mom told them "I asked for your BEST price and obviously what you gave me wasn't your best. I'm not playing your games." LOL They called her 3 MORE TIMES last night. I'm all for capitalism and all, but why do car dealers have to be such D!CKS? It's always a pain in the @ss shopping for a car and you end up feeling violated in the end.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Gotta get busy. Have a good one.

Charlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.