Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
43° here in Upstate NY this morning, been raining most of the night. The temperature will drop through the day and we will be getting some snow this afternoon. They say we could get up to an inch. Has melted off quite a bit of the snow we got.

Yesterday I didn't have to be on the road yesterday and I was glad of it. We had a wintry mix in the morning and the roads were slippery, they closed all the schools.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Starting the day at 22 with snow flurries possible. Today is my bride’s birthday but she has to work. I’m taking the day off in her honor and I’ll take her out for Mex food tonight. Slam dunk when her birthday falls on Thursday which is always Mex night.

Off to pancakes and world problem solving. Have a good day.

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Mornin boys...
In the 30s with snow showers here high on RUGER Mt this morning...
Don t know what we'll end up with but we'll get something
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
morning all. -1 to start of a clear day, hope the wind doesn't blow! Was sunny and cool yesterday.
Spent most of the day searching for parts in town. Got a couple hoses built for the yellow loader and other parts ordered, hope they are right.
Probably work in the shop today after chores are done.
Should be out calling coyotes, saw seven again yesterday, only shot AT one, they must be pairing up now, most of the time when I see one there is another somewhere close by.
Boy this month flew by, for me that just means the rush of spring and summer is getting closer and my "down time" is dwindleing away. :eek:
Better move along, should still be in bed, sleepy this morning.
Have a great day and be safe out there.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Good Morning

29 here in NC Ohio with the rain yesterday mixed with the snow , we've got one frozen mess!! Not much going on here , just hoping I survive this winter. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Administrator
11,776 Posts
good wet, Thursday morning folks. It's 42º here with rain. The snow and icebergs are melting, which is good, because the deer are spreading back out to find food. I'm almost out of azaleas. Got a feeder off Amazon yesterday and put it out and I was surprised there's still some food in it. I'm sure the deer found it with tracks all around it.

Cleaned my mz's up (finally) and got them oiled and put away for the year. Mine was empty from when I shot the doe but mom's wasn't. I tried to pop it off but only the primer went. No biggie, just push the powder and bullet out the back. Powder was loose and dry and flash hole was open? Not sure why it didn't go??? Probably drew moisture from hunting in the rain the last day. Glad it wasn't on a big deer.

Well, I guess I better get busy. Been helping another team out, while mine was slow. May be moving over soon, I hope. Doing something different for a change has been nice, and more pay would certainly help.

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Good morning everyone.....little cooler this morning with some ice on the truck. I received another Stonebox yesterday for rebuild...not as bad as the last couple, it looks like it just needs a bottom and a couple misc. repairs.

Still feeling a little crappy but better than I did the other day...the wife is still pretty sick and cranky. I didn't do anything after I got home last night but sit in the chair and watch tv after eating and taking a bunch of meds. I got a bucket of annealed .223 brass I need to get busy on.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great morning folks,
Clear with cool 46° now and clear with a nice 72° later here in the trailerhood.

Yesterday's hike was pretty cool. Round trip was nearly 12 miles. A bit tiring but worth the effort. Pics speak for themselves. This first is a pan, let's see if it works.

Barrel cactus

That is a waterfall. The dark streak is wet but just disappears before it gets halfway down the cliff.

I climbed about 20 feet up to get into that hole. DD was impressed that I did not fall & break bones.

I expect we will take it easy today. I will probably trim 223 brass on the tailgate.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 25 in Louisville with a breeze of 5mph or so, which really matters when it's below freezing. We had rain all day yesterday that was supposed to taper off into freezing rain/snow, but apparently it didn't happen.

This is our monthly food-distribution charity project at work. It's an outdoor project, conducted at a vacant parking lot downtown. It's not bad once we get the truck unloaded and start sorting, bagging, and folks start through the line. Last month we had light rain, but the temp was around 45, so it wasn't bad. I'll be layered up, that's for sure.

You guys who have the crud need to just surrender and totally rest. When you fight it, it usually just lasts longer, at least in my experience.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Sunny & around 30º in the hollow. Wind, probably 5-7. Like KF, some snow was forecast at the end of last night's rain, but it never happened. Looking ahead, we could even have a week or so of mostly dry weather. here's hoping. Not sure what today will bring. Just unloaded some supplies that have been in my trailer for the past week waiting for the rain to be over. There are lots of things that need doing, but nothing is urgent and I'm inclined to procrastinate. That means I will probably do what has the potential for either fun or at least some interest, and leave the drudgery to when it has become urgent, meaning it will cost me $$ to ignore.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
73 Posts
The sun is out, it's above freezing (barely) going to be a good day. Had a great Japanese dinner for my Birthday last night. Quite a show and good food.
Today it's time to replace the battery tender and battery in my dump trailer. I'm waiting until this afternoon in hopes it'll be much warmer. :) Hope springs eternal they say.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
Bridge was called off today as the nursing home providing the room said the flu has attacked.
Dinah was even going to sub.

Her Sis had an old partial knee repair removed y'day. All was good until they cracked a bone when scraping. Now she will be in same boat I was = no weight on that leg for a month. Toe pressure only. She had both r/r some years back. She has Tri Care and will do the rehab facility for a spell so we'll be doing a McD sweet tea for her nearly daily I'm thinking.

Bright and sunny which makes the noon temp of 32° more palatable. No ice on the drive or patio - a plus. Tomorrow is gonna get COLD last I heard. Not Dean Cold but damcold.
I have been processing brass through the vibers. I have a nice batch of 22PPC that Keith Candler gave me back when, in cob. I have some new but hvy stained WW '06 in the walnut. I think only one more batch to go.
Coffee is gone, time to get moving. Tom out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts