Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Thursday Morning

700 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Greyfox 
#1 ·
21° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high today will get up to about 37°. Today is to be cloudy with the sun coming out at times. They say we may get some rain tonight and tomorrow morning.

Well it looks like today will be another busy day, I was on the road quite a bit yesterday and I will be again today also.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Good Morning from Waseca, 23 now with a high of 30 and 40% chance of more snow.
Well, the plumber was a no show yesterday so he's supposed to be here late this morning. Supposedly it's a five hour job to install two radiators and bleed the system.

I will spend another day tinkering with old tools in the basement.

Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#3 ·
morning all. 32 here with mid 40s later, maybe. Storm moving around, bet the wind blows some more. Could get snow tonight, might be a big one they say, up to a quarter inch :eek:
Son and I worked in the shop again yesterday, ended up having to get one of the loaders the boss man loads hay with in and fix a couple leaking hoses. One heater hose and the other a hydraulic hose, also got the other big red tractor in and got a good start on servicing it. More of the same today, unless we get away and go coyote hunting :D
Better keep moving along, have a great day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#5 ·
Good Morning

Good mornin' its 31 here in NC Ohio with clouds of course, but dry. Have a heating contractor stopping in today to quote a price on heating the shop and greenhouse. I need to prepare for the dollar shock! Lots to do with a little warmer and NO WIND!! Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

#8 ·
Good morning, GoGo. It's a nice 44 in Louisville, going to 56, then 1-2" of snow expected tomorrow night. Go figure.

I'm checking in late because I've been researching Birdog's news about Bug competing in some big Middle Tennessee coyote hunts. Those folks are serious about it down there. Congrats to the BugDog!

My bargain Mossberg .30-06 has arrived at the Rural King in Shelbyville, about 20 miles East of me, so I might drive over there and pick it up today. Didn't need it, but for the price they offered I decided I wanted it. Happy Valentines Day to Mikey, right? :D

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

Carpman

#9 · (Edited)
Morning

Good morning all. Clear up to 42 in Indy at 10:00. Heading for 49 with a chance of rain. There's something to this cleaning up the man cave project. I keep finding important stuff like primed brass I'd forgotten about. Two small batches of .224 Valkyrie brass ready to be loaded buried under a stack of paper targets! I'm now calling at a treasure hunt.

Just picked up a box of chocolate coated strawberries for my valentine. Edible Arrangements is a pretty popular place this morning. Don't know how chocolate covered strawberries are gonna' go with tequila. It is Thursday. Margarita night!

My cell phone battery is about shot. Won't hold a charge very long. Says the "battery health" is significantly degraded. I know how it feels. The battery is probably more expensive than a new phone.

Back to the search. Have a good day.

#10 ·
51º in the hollow with sunshine. Going to 60º or so later today. The next ten days looks like mild temps with a good chance of more rain most days.

I spent yesterday at the new Dry Branch Rifle Range. I never got an accurate count of volunteers, but it was around fifteen. We were able to get all the new cleaning/reloading/misc tables painted and all of the new bench tops installed.
In addition to that the "Perfessor" (John Beauchamp) worked around us installing the A/C outlets and wiring for the safety lights. We also got three loads of gravel/slag for the parking lot and the downrange road. It was a very productive day. I would not have thought we could get all 42 benches done in one day, but having enough help to transport the tops by hand and getting into a rhythm works wonders.

We plan an opening celebration on Sunday February 24th to allow anyone who wishes to run a few rounds downrange and it's the plan to have the range open daily after that. The rifle range itself is mostly done and we are working on the pistol bays as weather permits. We had hoped to hold out first UBR match on March 2nd, but the weather is making that doubtful. I will wait until the week before the match to make the final decision, but it looks like we'll be at Two Brothers for our first match of the year.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

Attachments

#12 ·
In addition to that the "Perfessor" (John Beauchamp) worked around us installing the A/C outlets and wiring for the safety lights. ...
A/C outlets, holy cow! :eek: I had no idea you were putting in air conditioning (A/C) on an outdoor range. That is soooooooooo cool, literally! :eek: I guess there'll be like a register above each bench, blowing cold air down, am I right? Sure can't sink supply ducts in the concrete slab at this point. Rick, I am soooooooo excited. :D

Carpman

PS. Seriously, congratulations. If I lived closer or were retard, I would love to have been among those volunteers.

#11 ·
Morning gang, 50 here headed to 61 or so they say, partly sunny, I will take it over rain any day! Going to run a errand, then attempt to clean the shop up some, my energy level is very low from blood loss, went to the doc yesterday and he said if I did not improve by next week I would need a blood transfusion. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out!

#16 ·
Wish I could claim I invented that name, but like many other things I've been known to say, I stole it from somebody else. Pretty good though, isn't it?

Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.