Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high today will be up to about 49°. Tomorrow is to be warmer but there is no bad weather predicted anyhow. Sunday we are to get some rain they say.

Yesterday was a fairly peaceful day and today I will be on the road some but at least not all day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Mornin George and the gang...
Upper 50s here high on RUGER Mt ths morning.
Going fishing this morning. Tucker and my brother went yesterday.
Caught 2 Hybird and a rock. 1 of the hybirds went right at 16 lb.
They were hitting top water. Me and Elijah are going this morning. He's
turning 15 today, told my boss that he wouldn't see me today if he asked to go
fishing today...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas, 69 now and that is the high for the day. Next few days are going to be cooler. That is OK.
Nothing planned for the day. I may head to the coffee shop and work on album pictures.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Great morning everyone,

33° with a few lingering flakes still falling here near Halfway USA. Most of the weather moved north of us. Grab your socks though, as there is some wild weather coming in from the midwest. An intense low pressure cell, centered over northern Missouri will bring rain & high winds over the next few days.

After errands were handled & groceries put up, I went outside to burn off the last of the leaves. They've been piled up for about 8 days but we've had a burning ban in place. The fire department saw fit to lift the ban, after the rain of course. It took awhile, but the damp leave did smolder & sort of burn away. LOTS of smoke & stem was produced.

I figure I'll spend much of today in the reloading office. All that Arizona brass needs sorting. I will starting to sort the 223 I have de-crimped too.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 23 here with a wind chill in the low teens. We have about 3 inches of wet snow on the ground this morning, hope the wind leaves it alone so it can just melt in.
Ten years ago today my Mom went to be with the Lord, just can't believe it's been that long already. Sure miss her still!
Well another wasted trip to town yesterday, parts house still got the wrong water pump for the old Chevy truck, I gave up on them and went elsewhere. Will see today if they can get the right one. Can't believe it's that hard to find the right water pump.
Worked on one of the JD tractors yesterday, replaced a worn shift linkage end. All of the ends are worn but only had the one new one, will have to order some more.
Better get moving, Gwyn needs to leave early, with the roads being snowy.
Have a great day and be safe. Prayers for those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

Good morning from NC Ohio, it's 39 going to 75. Feel sorry for the ones in the storms path, I've dealt with April snow before but not the wind. I hope Dean gets plenty of snow in the mountains. Not much except garden & yard work going on here, take care be safe. Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Administrator
13,442 Posts
good morning folks. It's 41º here with clouds. Supposed to be a little cooler today, only in the mid 60's. Yesterday was gorgeous. After work I went home and got the boat light fixed. Just a little corrosion, but the housing was sealed up with about 1/2 inch of sealant by the previous owner. I guess he didn't want it to leak? :rolleyes: Took me a half hour to scrape the excess sealant off the boat and there's no way I can get the goop off the light housing. It shows it's age, so for $20 I have a new one coming. Be here tomorrow and it'll be a quick fix. Also has LED's so it should last a LONG time with a little dielectric grease on things.

I got the lawn mower out and after airing up the tires I changed the oil and cleaned the filter. I was going to sharpen the blades, but I think they're pretty well shot so I'll change them out. I figure I'll mow things the first time with them and chop up all the sticks instead of ruining brand new blades.

Well, I guess I better get busy. Getting a visit from SRM from Wyo today. Probably go out to eat after work. Be nice to see him.

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
651 Posts
Good Morning all you varmints from up here on the chooser prairie. Old man winter returned last night and is really kicking our ass. I woke up at 5:00 to high winds of 40 -50 mph. The house was just rattling. It’s 26 degrees, we got almost a foot of snow and blizzard conditions. Roads are closed again due to shush, icey cobitions and flooding. No travel is advised, lots of accidents out on the interstate, schools are all closed and lots of events cancelled. They say this is going to continue until late Saturday morning. What a fricking mess.Take Was Skruske’s advice and hang onto your socks, I’m looking for mine now.
I’m not going no where today. My job will be to have hot coffee ready and make a big batch beef barley soup for the farm hands. Everyone be careful whatever your doing

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Boy O Boy, you fellas are killing me with the weather reports from the North. It was 82° here yesterday and going to 81 today. But you can't tell, we may be down to 30° next week.

I am going to do a bit more barn repair today if my construction partner will assist me. I may put her on top of the barn today.

Yesterday, we had a trip to Tennessee for lunch at Buddys Bar B Q and it was great. Senior day and half price...Jackson was with us and we all ate for $20 believe it or not....desert included.

We all 3 visited Brushy Mountain State Pen yesterday and photos were taken. They tried to keep me but i sneaked out and made it home.
I think i am getting a weather report from Colorado, sounds rough.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Weather Report from Colorado.
I forgot the temperature but it aint 80°. Damcows hunkered down in the willows.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning gang! 70 here headed to 80 today! Got my yard and moms mowed yesterday, then washed my truck. Yesterday evening the wife went morel mushroom hunting and found some as big as a coke can , they will be some great eating. Got to hang a new gate today at the barn and replace a few boards, then spray some roundup and work on some guns. On a good day I can do about 20% of what I used to do before the stokes, gets frustrating as heck, most days I can only do about 10% of what I used to. I need to be grateful that I am doing as well as I am, my wife reminds me of that every day, bless her heart. Remember those in need of prayers, Buff out!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Morning guys, 38 degrees here so its rain for us thank goodness. The wind just howled here yesterday and last night. Paid income taxes yesterday so were broke again. Got new assessed valuation from the county last week for property taxes. The house is up 16% the farm ground stayed about the same. Everybody in the state got hit, our area is one of the worst for property taxes. Gonna work on paper work inside today. Stay warm and dry guys.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Thursday

Good morning all. I'm running late again but I am running. Currently a very windy 54 in Indy. They say we're supposed to reach 80 if it don't get blown away. "Wind advisory" is in affect until 8PM. Sustained winds of 20-30 MPH with gusts to 45. We used to get info like that by judging whether or not it was kite flyin' weather. Now, I just have my smartass phone go out and fly that RC helicopter I got at Rural King.

Looks like our favorite SD prairie dog patch may have 2' of snow right now. My BIL is in a panic. We've only got 3 months until we're out there. :cool:

Looking through the ammo supply last night I found 100 rds of .204 I loaded in 2011 when the Rosebud Rez council decided we couldn't use lead bullets. Soon as I got 'em loaded, the council changed their minds and I never took these along. Guess I'll use 'em this year. Hornady 24 gr NTX over 28 gr of 2230 should push 'em along at a decent rate.

Have a good day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.