Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
39° here in Upstate NY this morning a little cloudy but dry. It is supposed to be a decent day with a high temperature of about 66°. Tonight some rain will set in though and through Friday with showers.

Yesterday I spent time on the road and this morning I am going to the gun club. I have to do a little work up there and I also will do a little shooting while I am there.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Clear & 62° warmer later here in Gradkidville. Hot yesterday with the thermometer reaching 90° at mid day.

We can an errand & shuttled grandkids a bit. That was the extent of activities yesterday.

Road trip west then north today. Looks like we will find weather the whole way back home.

Y'all get in line, there is a bushel of new damncats that will be ready in time for BBB.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

53 and on the edge of the rain here in NC Ohio. Two Doc' appointments yesterday done me in for the day. Hoping to get more done around the ponderosa today. Safe travels to Scot and family with Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
good morning all you varmints. It's 55º with same as George's forecast...66 and rain later. Glad I got the yard baled last night. I swear it was a foot tall or more at places. Fighting flats on the yard tractor. Anybody tried fix-a-flat or should I just pony up for a couple new tires? Really don't feel like ripping the wheels off if I don't have to. One is the front, slow leak, been doing it since new. Now the rear is going flat, and it's going a lot quicker.

Got up a few minutes early this morning and ran out back with the turkey call. Season comes in Sat. and I wanted to see where they've been roosting. Well, as usual, they disappeared. Been gobbling their heads off all month, now nothing. What the heck? Just my luck.

Well, I guess I better get to work. Still juggling 2 jobs worth of work. Need to hire a few more. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Good morning from the Tire Repair Advice shop in Kentucky. Charlie. Go to Rural King and get a couple Tubes and you won't have any problems. Much cheaper than new tires.

The forecasted Rain is going through southern Indiana instead, so Doug Roberts better beware.
Yesterday, I did some spraying Crossbow with a 3 gallon backpack spray. Kills anything broadleaf but leaves grass intact.
As Skruske alluded to, i found my Kittens that momma cat has hid for a month. But I'm sure they will be gone today, probably never see them again. I do have a mission taking Coyote George some meds for his kittens sore eyes today. Coyote George Shot a Coyote 2 days ago that was trying to get the neighbors newborn calf, but didn't share it on here.

Also last night about 2am, I discovered that 11 pm is too late to eat Cajun Andouille Sausage slathered with Dusseldorf mustard and go to bed on it!!.
I'm not sure if Skruske is headed North or just taking a side trip today, but i will watch for him.

Made a trip into town at noon yesterday and went to McDonalds where i saw This....everywhere these days, encouraged on by the News Media propaganda and all the democrats... I still don't like it, but not my grandkid.

Y'all be safe today and don't eat Cajun food late snack tonite.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 34 with highs in the upper 60s, chance of rain for the next couple days, wind very likely. Just spring time weather here.
Boss man calls me yesterday morning to load a hay truck in 45 minutes. Ok no problem, I get the loader and head to the stack, it's like eight miles to the stack, get there no truck... for over a hour and a half :eek: But I see a coyote out on the alfalfa field so I decide to try to call it in. I call for a minute or so and it turns and leaves. Oh well, never had any luck calling one in that area before. I turn and see two trucks coming to the stack so I walk around to get in the loader and there is wiley coyote about 25 yards away. Drop my phone, pull out the Springfield XDe 9mm... and shoot a hole in the ground in front of him :eek::mad::eek: the send another round after him just to hurry him along. Oh well at least I called one in :D.
Worked on sprinklers in afternoon, got one ready.
Gwyn took the day off and we slept in, so now I'm really late after posting a book for you all.
Have a great day and get out and shoot something!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 63 in Louisville, going to 74. It's cloudy right now, with thunderstorms due around 1 p.m.

Sure hope the rain does hold off for a few hours because this morning I'll be working with a Humana crew distributing food to needy families that qualify. The program is called Dare to Care and operates in Louisville and a few surrounding counties. Canned and boxed goods are donated by area residents and grocery chains. The grocers also pitch in fresh vegetables, frozen meat and bread items. A Humana crew of 12-15 meet the Dare to Care truck at a big parking lot downtown and the recipients who have registered and qualify meet us there. We unload the truck, organize everything assembly-line style, and then load up carts, bags and boxes that the recipients have brought. Basically the Dare to Care folks do all the admin work, collect the food, and our part is providing labor for the distribution once a month. I think there are now something like 20+ distribution sites around the county, each of which operate once a month. Dare to Care's qualification process makes it hard for recipients to game the system and receive food more than once a month. Trust me, I talk to them, and these folks are really happy to get any help that extends their food budget a little. I'm a right-wing grumpy old white man and sometimes I just don't want to do what I call "Jesus work," but I do believe in this project.

Charlie, you're gonna have to push some issues at work. If you let 'em, most companies will be more than happy to throw you a slight raise, then let expect you to do the work it used to take two people to do. You've gotta make a list and tell 'em, "My plate's too full and things are gonna fall off. You're the boss, so you tell me what you DON'T want done."

Gotta run. Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

Carpman

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Charlie, when you get the tubes for your tractor, get some Armor-All, if you don't have any already. Been using it as a lube when doing tires and tubes for years. Makes everything a lot more slippery and easier to wrestle inside the tire/rim. It is also a good preservation for rubber and polymers items.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 63º and cloudy here headed for the upper 60's. It rained hard during the night and there are still small chances this afternoon.

I got my Dove hold sprayed yesterday. I'm undecided if I'll try to burn it or not before I plant it.

Not much going on today. I had a Grand Niece pass away the other day and we'll go to the funeral after while.

You'all have a good one!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Good morning all. 57 and rain here on the south side of Indy. JR is a better forecaster than the forecasters. I learned everything I need to know about cajun food when ol’ Dom & Darcy brought some of that boo-dan stuff to the BBB. He said “you don’t wanta’ know what’s in it, just close your eyes and eat it”. Can’t take those adventures any more. Gotta’ find something to do inside.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning all, 71 here headed to 75! Showers possible today, and heavy tonight. I am barely getting around today, both hips are killing me. My fault, I fired the garden tiller up yesterday, and let it jerk me all over the place, I guess it would have been funny to watch a fat old man, on one crutch, hobbling around. Got the garden tilled up and tomatoes, lettuce, squash and cucumbers out, and two rows of beans planted. Then mowed my yard and my moms, a riding mower or tractor is hard on my back. I also put a new air hose on my compressor at the barn, and moved some cattle on the 4 wheeler. I wont be doing much today, aint able, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Remember those in need of prayer, buff out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.