Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
53° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature for today is to get up to about 67°. We were supposed to have a chance of showers overnight but not has happened. Today we are also supposed to have a chance of showers so will see.

Yesterday was a busy day for me and last night we had our gun club meeting to finish off the day. We got a lot accomplished at the meeting at it and that made me quite happy. People seem to be starting to pull together instead of wanting to go off in all different directions. Today besides my usual work I have a lot of paperwork for the club to take care of.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

Morning George and others to follow. 60 and wet here in NC Ohio with more rain on the way. Lot of hype over the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey team, I'm not one for big sports but they deserve the attention. Got on the exercise bike the other day and the pedal fell off, think there is a message in that !!! Amazon says the new will be here today. Time for a cup of joe and get something done. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Great morning folks,

Soggy & damp with 41° and only going to 56° later here near Halfway USA.

Creeks are swollen in these parts with some low land flooding. Nothing too out of the ordinary for this time of year. Along the Mississippi it's a different story & it's not a good week for those folks.

Lots of time at the reloading bench yesterday. I never expected to own an entire bucket of 6ppc. :D

A trip to the post office & more reloading bench time for today. Got to get the camper cleaned out & cleaned up before loading up for BBB too.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Good morning from Indy. Foggy 60 heading for rain and 75. Survived one day with no supervision and Julie arrived safely in Ft Smith. Today? No telling!

Attended a buddy’s retirement celebration last evening. He’s retired from the State Police, retired from the Army, and is now retiring again from a college teaching job. He will have no idea what to do with himself. I’ll try to help him learn to do nothing but he’s totally unprepared.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 28 here this morning. May hit 60 this afternoon with slight chance of showers. Bet the wind blows again, did yesterday and the dirt flew also. Only one day after a good rain and the dirt blows, think we live in a dry country!:eek:
Got a flat tire changed out on one sprinkler and another serviced, along with a few odds and end jobs done. Will try for another one serviced but my service truck is giving problems, think the transmission is about shot. Losing reverse and I really don't have time for it to be down but guess I'll figure a way to deal with it.
Whacked a coyote and two p-dogs with the 22 hornet. I think that is the first coyote I ever killed with the hornet. :D
Boss man says we're branding calves tomorrow, if it doesn't rain and he gets the corrals repaired. Using a different set of corrals than ever before, could be interesting if not a wreck! He bought this place from a neighbor and it's really run down!
Time to get around, guess it's trash day too, so better take care of that before I leave for the day.
Have a great day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

Today is national day of prayer, prayers up for our country and leaders!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Good morning from Waseca where it's 41 and partly cloudy, not raining, yippee. Today is pay bills and run errands. Property taxes and car license. Need swing by the lumber store for shelf brackets. Then work on trip plans for next week.
I want to get action shots of the Bigboy, 4014, as it heads to Utah. I need to rethink my travel days as I running a day behind it.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Administrator
13,442 Posts
good morning folks. It's 60º here with thick FOG that you can't see 100 yards. Would be a good morning to hunt turkeys, but I have to work. Just too much to do to take off. Working extra when I need to, building comp time. Will have more time off available this summer/fall...hopefully.:rolleyes:

I got the yard mowed last evening and didn't need the fluffer JR. Almost though. It was sort of drizzling off and on all day, but not soaking wet, so I did it anyway. Looks a whole lot better. My first round of spray a few weeks ago seems to have taken care of the chickweed and maybe dandelions, but not the clover. Crossbow should be at the door when I get home. I'll spray it when I get time...and it's not raining. Showers predicted off and on the next several days. Need to get the glyphosate out and hit the brick/paver sidewalks and other areas too. Hit it with some generic stuff the other week and it didn't do anything. The Ag rated stuff will do it!

Well, speaking of work. I'm not getting anything done here rambling. Gotta run. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 67 in Louisville, foggy, and going to 83. Good chance of rain this afternoon, if not sooner.

Big news here is that the Derby favorite, Omaha Beach, scratched with a breathing problem. The trainer wasn't happy that they drew the #12 post position the other day. I'm not saying they scratched solely because of the post position, but ... :rolleyes: That's not at all unusual.

Got my rear-drive self-propelled mower fixed yesterday and cut my back yard. It's a $400 mower that I bought used for $120 last fall. The tires are worn, but the engine and deck are spotless and it runs like a top. I'm counting on it purring like a kitten the rest of the summer; we'll see.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at the Bluegrass Balloon Bust just over a week from now. Glad to see Skruske mention that they'll be coming and I'm really hoping to see MPC for the first time in several years.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Good morning from the Damcow farm where we have 63° and another dry hot day. No rain yesterday and Damcow food is not growing.

Kentucky Fisherman. Thanks for the thought about doing something NICE for Captain Jesse and family, but he would Not want that at all, in fact he does not know I even put the photos on this website.
He does not want any fanfare or anything like that....everything I sent him in Afghanistan, he gave away to his troops.But Thanks again.

Judy Brown helped me take my Geo Metro door apart yesterday. And I mean everything came apart.. I took the window scissors mechanism completely out and hammered the kinks out of it. We but it back in the door and so far it works good this time. New career as a Mechanic. Today, she's headed to the care home to spend the day with her mom. Mom loves it there, best life she ever had.

I have nothing to do today.....I actually have a lot of things but ain't doing them.
We are looking forward to seeing folks at the BBB next week, but Judy Brown has a Rhonda Vincent concert to attend this Saturday.
Where's that Doug Roberts pancake house? I may go attend....But it sounds like I need to go help Dean for a couple days.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning gang! l64 headed to 81, lots to do today. Got to pick up one truck from the shop, drop another off, small stuff. Had a crew here yesterday, trimmed to huge silver maples in my yard, and cut two more trees down. They did a bang up job, worked hard and were well organized. Hope everyone has a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 66º and cloudy here headed for the mid 70's. Looks like the rain will move in about mid morning. Again.

My buddy called me about the time I finished posting on here yesterday morning and put me on a tractor again. The rain moved in about mid morning so we didn't accomplish much.

I'm planning to spend most of today in the loading room. I have a window that looks out into the back yard and the field behind it. As perverse as it sounds, I have always enjoyed looking out across there and watching it rain. After all of the years I worked out in it I guess it feels good to be looking out instead of being out in it!

You'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Morning all...checking in a little late this morning. I think running that electric hammer and loading all the concrete and stone and then unloading by hand caught up with me. I took it to the land fill and cost me a whole $5 to dump 2000lbs of it. My truck didn't like it as it popped a brake line on the way there. Some new line that was a little less rusty got it fixed up and stopping better.

Supposed to have another shit tanker here today that needs a frame repair done but it hasn't shown up yet....they was all wound up about it yesterday.:rolleyes: Still have a few hundred parts to run across my plasma table....I cut maybe 60-70 out yesterday out of smaller plates to get them out of the way but need to drag in a whole sheet now I think.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
70º and sunny in the hollow, looking for 80º and possible thunderstorms later this afternoon. I'm unsupervised today as the boss is keeping the grandson at his house. Seems like I might not have much to do but when I think of all the little things I guess I'll be busy all day. Getting ready for a UBR match Saturday. Had all the targets together, but the weatherman has convinced me that the rain could be a problem if we shoot a 300, so I have made an executive decision to put the 300 off until next month. Decisions, decisions.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.