Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30° here in Upstate NY this morning, we had a little dusting of snow overnight. The high today is only to be about 31° with a 20% of snow showers.

A long day yesterday, I was on the road all day and then last evening we had the gun club meeting. The meeting was a little tension at times but it over now with new officers in place. I am hoping for some down time today.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Good Morning

Morning George and others to follow. 31 here in NC Ohio with sun on the way. I need to meet with my health insurance man today, big complaint with the RX carrier, rest are good. Where's Mikey when you need him! lol Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Good morning from Galveston, clear and 63, high is 70. I enjoyed the sunset on the beach last night, going out for the sunrise this morning. It's a very peaceful and uplifting experience.
Delivering the wheelchairs today then heeded towards Ft Worth.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like its in the low 30s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Had to work over a couple hours yesterday. Got the sewer line finished
or they can set the doublewides. Just got to clean up around it and spread the gravles
to deal with the mud. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
morning all. 38 here and they say that is our high, chance of snow but better chance of wind!
Worked in the shop on the loader almost all day, just trying to get the old greasey dirt out from around the engine and fuel tank. Hard to get in and around everything to dig it out. I think a lot of that was there before we bought the loader!!!:eek:
Not sure what I'll get done today but sure the boss man will have something going on.
Better get, have a great day and be safe and stay warm.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,563 Posts
good morning folks. It's 31º here with a cold wind. Good day to be at work instead of in a tree. Went for a ride after work yesterday afternoon. Drove to MD to check out my hunting spots. Someone was at the one place I wanted to go to so I went over to the other farm and nobody was there. Did a drive-by and saw a bunch of deer already in or headed to the field. Filling a doe would have been super easy, but it was raining lightly and I honestly didn't feel like messing with one right now due to all the hoops we have to jump through to get deer meat into PA due to the CWD thing. I drove by the new place in PA that we may hunt next week and saw deer everywhere, no bucks. They have to be in there. Hopefully mom gets one. Today is her birthday. Guess I should get something for her? I'm thinking a nice set of shooting sticks.:D

Well, I got in late. Alarm didn't go off. Better get busy. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
860 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 46º here headed for the mid 60's with a chance for rain. It looks like it will be here tonight and most of tomorrow.

Didn't do much yesterday. Hauled some trash off and picked up a package at the post office. Haven't felt good the last couple of days.

The Wife is taking my Mom Christmas shopping today and I'm planning to head back down to deer camp.

Prayers for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's a nice 34 in Louisville, going to 55 with a lot of sun. Pretty much a clone of yesterday, which was pretty nice. No rain, no snow, above freezing. I'm inside today, so it really doesn't matter much.

I drove downtown Mon-Wed of this week and am working from home today and tomorrow. Not having to make that commute makes a big difference. Kinda like whether George gets to work from home or is on the road all day.

Buff, I got my buffing wheels and may squeeze in a little of that today. One knife that's all but finished still needs something to slick up the Micarta handle a little. I think I'll try just a little buffing on a cotton wheel, then maybe give it a layer or two of wax and see if that does it.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there. Can't wait for a report from JR and Scott this morning. When you put those two together, unusual things happen.

Carpman

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Morning all, 25 headed to 55 or higher. Helped some guys line up their ML's yesterday, about 6-8 shots and then had them shoot a group at 100yds. Both were shooting good, sub 1" 3 shot groups. Got to run some errands today and work on another ML for a guy, and clean up around the shop. Bible study last night was enjoyable. Got to run, prayers sent for those in need, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
31º and headed to the low 60's this morning just north of Music City. Not much going on today other than a trip to a skin surgeon for a consultation about a skin cancer. I've had so many they don't bother me anymore. One comment on the weather. Late fall and winter in Middle TN tends to be gray and gloomy, which my wife hates. So far this year, the days have been more sunshine than normal, which I do love. I hope it lasts through til spring, if for no other reason than it keeps generating electricity through my solar panels.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Good morning

Good morning all. It's 34 in Indy heading for a sunny 50. Had a invite to play golf today but passed. Effective today, I have to part ways with my long time best friend ibuprofen. I have single-handedly caused the stock value of several manufacturers of ibuprofen to increase over the last few years and particularly the last few months. I issued a warning at the pancake joint this morning and feel it's only fair to share the same with my green board friends. If you ever thought I qualified as a grumpy %[email protected]*&, stand by, "b-b-b-baby you ain't seen nothin' yet". :D

Happy Birthday to Charlie's mom. Bag a big'n to celebrate!

Good day to all.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Doug, the day after surgery on my last knee replacement, I hurt less than before, even counting the operation pain. Got off the oxycodone after a couple of days, and just used Tylenol after that, even with the PT. I can't use any NSAIDs because of my heart meds, even though aspirin and ibuprofen did work better. Even Tylenol helps a bit with everyday aches and pains. Best wishes for the surgery and a rapid recovery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts