Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
47° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies, the high temperature for today is to get up to about 54° and it will be a nice sunny day. Yesterday was a very blustery day with some thunderstorms around. We were lucky here in my area but there were quite a few power outages and trees down in other areas around here.

Today Rusty and I are going to go hunting but I won't be hunting again this year where I went the other day. I have a bunch of coverts where I have hunted for years and they are 1/2 hr. less driving time for us. I had hunted the area they cut off so bad for years but I may never hunt it again now.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 46 and clear, high of 67 ,another great day to be outside. At least I hope to be.
I was down all day yesterday. I drug myself out for a pill run to Owattona. BP pills are beginning to kick in. I plan to get out in a few minutes and have the camera set-up to catch the sunrise over the lake. See what happens after that.
I hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Good morning greeting from NC Ohio. 41 now going to 68 under sunny skies, days have been great here couldn't ask for better weather. Been working outside in the garden, water lines, transplanting and tree trimming. More gazing at the sky rather than work, nothing else enjoying the real fall. Be safe and healthy. Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks to be in the low 50s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Another day at the grind. Got a traiolr load of paper to deliever to all
the schools today. 20 or so pallets. May take off tomorrow just to rest up
a little. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
morning all. 37 with mid to high 70s later, and probably smoky again. It's so dry and dusty along with the smoke it's really hard on my lungs.
Started servicing tractors yesterday got one done, along with helping move cattle around and other chores. That was all that was done yesterday for me.
Hope to get a little more done today.
Have a great day and be safe and healthy. Prayers for our country and those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,775 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 51º here with bright sunshine. I'm running a little late, but working from home, so who cares? Yesterday was gorgeous, but windy. I would have liked to have been up a tree stand, but the wind kept me firmly on the ground. After work I got my mowing done. Leaves are starting to come down already. I don't rake any more...just drive over them and chop them up. Gator blades are the best thing since sliced bread. After that, I ran to the grocery store and made dinner.

Ken, you better take it easy, you have a birthday coming up! ;)

Well, I guess I need to get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one

Charlie

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 56 in Louisville, going to 79. A couple of days ago they were calling for today to hit 85, so I'm glad that forecast has dropped a little. At this point, 85 would feel like a blast furnace.

I still have quite a few green tomatoes on the vines and even saw yellow blossoms on one plant. I gave them all a pretty good drink to keep them alive until this weekend's rain from Hurricane Delta.

I didn't watch a minute of the VP "debate" last night. I guess I should have, but I think I know all I need to know about Pence and Harris, so why spend a nice evening listening to her attacking him?

Y'all have a good day and be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Mostly a clear sky with 40° to begin our morning here near HalfwayUSA. Mid 60's for later.

Yesterday morning I loaded up a couple bikes, dogs & guests and took everyone to the nearby rail trail. A little nature in the early parts of the day was enjoyable.

Today's task is half done, trash was taken to the road. The second step is on the the big truck, third step is drag prefull trash cans back to the garage this afternoon.

I'm not certain what my plans are but I'm so know they will be dictated shortly. ;)

While discussing my Beretta CX4 40S&W carbine and it's accuracy, Greyfox asked "How does it shoot?" I said "it is possum accurate at woodshed distance"
We had a chuckle over that.

Surgery was performed on a couple AR 15s. Trigger swaps were apparently successful. A function/feed issue on a third AR will have to wait.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Good morning gents. It's 42 in Indy heading for 77. The day is off to an uncertain start. Julie was supposed to be at work at 7:00 but she woke up with a sore throat and can't go in until they determine whether or not they want her to be tested for COVID. We are assuming the hospital will require a test. I would need to be tested if she comes back positive. Who knows how long that all will take. Bad timing for sure with several more eye Dr appointments looming over the next two weeks. Don't worry, though. I have a mask and gloves on to keep y'all safe. Pancake joint this morning? Nope! Golf planned for tomorrow. Nope! Bumping around the house all day. Yep. Maybe for several days.

Have a good day.......but keep your distance.

PS. They just called back and told Julie she didn't need to be tested. She's off to work. Me? I'm still just bumping around the house.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Had a nice talk with Joe Entrekin last night. He was IBS Score Shooter of the Year a few years back shooting his Henry Rivers built .30BR. He wants us to make him a .223 wildcat die. He’s messing with shortening it quite a bit and necking to .22 or .20. With our die he can shorten to any length he wants. It sounds like a good choice, not for score but fun. Anyway he’s down near Augusta, Ga and we’ll be doing a drive by soon.
It was a frosty 38 degrees for the morning airing of the pooch. The grass was actually slippery. Fall is upon us and the garlic is planted in good time. Jan and I went to VA for our annual flu shot yesterday. I haven’t had the flu or been sick to my stomach in fifty years. Still, a couple years back people convinced me I should get the shot due to my advancing year, they call this. So, I relented. Better life through chemistry or in spite of it, I guess.
The juncos are here Carl, winter can’t be too far behind.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 57º and cloudy here headed for 80. It looks like we will get some rain tomorrow and Saturday from the hurricane.

Yesterday was another lazy day. I helped my buddy move a truck with a low tire from the parking lot at the dryer to the tire store. After that I did some chores around the house and tinkered in the loading room.

Not sure what today has in store yet. I'll leave out in a few minutes to take the Wife on a grocery run. We'll probably get breakfast someplace. After that its up for grabs.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
So,, here I sit at the Kruske's world famous kitchen island enjoying the view out the back door and feeling jacked up after about a pot of Scott's special blend coffee. We arrived here on Tuesday evening and have just about recovered from the 600 mile jaunt. Along with what Scott related I watched him do some AR surgery on a couple of rifles yesterday and we also enjoyed a meal at the Maple Grill. If they keep feeding me they may have trouble sending me back south.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky.
Maple Grill Open?? SKRUSKE told me it was closed...but it's way over my pay grade anyway. Last time I was there it looked like a bunch of Damocrats in there. Nobody wearing Camo or Boots like Kentucky.
GF, he took me to McDonald's and had to eat in parking lot. Ha Ha.
Greyfox, ain't they finding you any Rummage sales to attend? High point of the trip for me.
Skruske even bought AR Parts at the last one.

My day yesterday was similar to Dean's, moving cows to more pasture, repairing fence a tree fell on, moving hay machinery indoors for the winter and burning remnants of the old barn. Convict boy that tore it down must have slid back to jail, ain't seen him for a while.

Son and Damgrandkid are going to Brushy Mountain state pen today....may leave the kid there.
JB going to Doctor today for tune up. Maybe they can help her gain weight...104 now.
Have a safe day.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Morning all, 66 headed to 79 here today, going to be warm for a couple of days. Got to tear down a .742 Rem today, take the barrel off so I can polish the chamber, fine rust is causing a mechanical lock on the brass when fired and the extractor is ripping a chunk out of the brass. Hopefully get it done and 2 rifles zeroed today. Had my right leg swelled up the last 2 days, I twisted my ankle, but it is back to normal now. Hope you all have a good day, Buff out.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I once had a 742 and never really cared for it. Don’t get me wrong; it was a good rifle. It was a .308. I was too used to bolt actions I guess. Also, if I miss one the first shot, the second shot is a waste of ammo.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
That isn’t the pristine barn JB was putting a perfectly matched patch on recently was it?
Naaa. That one was Otis's barn. This one burning was the one I shot Coyotes out of the loft for many years. Got so bad I was afraid it might fall on me.
Old jailbird showed up this morning and loaded up a load of old roofing.
Sent you a pm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts