Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
56° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies. The high temperature for today is to get up to about 72° and be a nice sunny day. The wind is going to be gusty at times with gusts up to 30MPH.

Yesterday it was a cooler day but dry all day. Rusty and I got out hunting and we will again today. He is feeling much better with his leg now and it doesn't bother him. KF asked if I found out what the problem was and no I didn't. Neither or the vet found anything wrong with it, it did look slightly swelled to start with though so he may have twisted it somehow..

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 36 and clear, high is just 48 and breezy. This may be the best weather for several days to get to the range. Continuing rifle cleaning today. Scrubbing the 572 revealed some tight spots near the muzzle. It's soaking in Hoppe`s now.

Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Good morning all. We are at the high for today right now. 60 and slowly dropping with some rain possible. Might wash out the golf. Gonna’ be a quick stop at the pancake joint. Gotta’ replace the exterior trim on the garage service door. Thought paint was gonna’ be all it took until I started wire brushing it. Don’t know what I’ll find when I remove the old trim.
Let’s get going. Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Good morning gang. 58 here in NC Ohio with the same forecast as Doug, frost on the pumpkin by dawn. Time to drop the curtains on the greenhouse and fire up the furnace. be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country Mike

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Mornin boys..
Upper 40s here high on RUGER MT this morning.
Another day at the grind...helped my brother shingle after work
yesterday. Too old for that stuff but he was inna bind.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Good mornin all from the Mountain State, it's 48* here and temps into the upper 60's today, a nice day for us. The wife wants to go out and look at some leaves today, the trees are changing and looking really beautiful. Have a Blessed day in your neck of the woods.

·
Administrator
11,775 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 49 here with the sun shining and birds chirping. Saw a couple does and a fawn out back here a minute ago. Acting weird. May be a buck around? I have the Xbow sitting here by me in the loft. Anything big may get a broadhead thru the lungs😃. I hunted a bit last night. First time at this spot this year, probably the last. Corn was up next to me. It's under 4 ft tall and very few ears, if any. Didn't see any deer near me. I did see some 2000 yards away on the other side of the farm. Need to figure a way to set up on them with Lille next week. They've been pretty regular there. Lillie is off school and is here with us a few days. See what we can get into. Might have to teach her to reload ammo. Do a few to hunt with next week.

Well, I guess I better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
morning all. 38 and calm, mid to upper 70s today, got into the low 80s yesterday and the wind held off for another day.
Worked in the shop all day, got one of the John Deere's serviced and out, also re-packed the wheel bearings on one of the stock trailers.
Not sure just what I'll work on today but lots to choose from.
Boss man is going across the valley to bring cows down from the forest permit today so I'll be in charge! Of myself!
Better get, have a great day and be safe, prayers for our country and those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great morning folks,

36° with a partly cloudy sky out here in the wiles of Wyoming.

The trip out here started off with us leaving late. Then getting delayed, then traffic was a problem, then from about Sydney Nebraska we were dealing the very high winds. We did arrive late Tuesday safe & a little rough around the edges but in one piece. Wednesday we unwound and got some errands done.

Today is rifle Elk opener. We will start tomorrow. In the odd 2020 year, an unusually large number of tags were sold and Douglas has to work so we start tomorrow. We have permission and access to private land and can hunt some land locked BLM ground. Our operating theory is the Elk will flee all the open ground for cover on private land.

I'm going to check zero on my rifles today. It will be a good day.(y)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 57º and hazy here headed for the mid 60's with chances of rain in the AM.

Yesterday I ended up mowing levees at the Doctors place. This should be the last time for the year. I got about half of the place done. I only mowed the middle of them this time so it went a little faster than when mowing all the way to the edges.

Not sure what today holds yet but I want to finish mowing at the Doc's place. Then I can clean off the bushhog and the tractor and store them away.

Prayers offered for our Country and those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 60 already in Louisville but only going to 65. Rain coming in the afternoon, but we won't be here.

This is the week Cindy and I have been going to the Smokies for a few days, but with the virus and all, we decided not to do that this year. Instead, today we'll go visit an antique mecca south of us, Glendale, KY. After a few hours there, we'll turn west and spend the next few days with family in Paducah. Sunday is my mom's 88th birthday, but she's in a rehab facility and can't have visitors yet. I think we could go wave at her through the window, but I think that would just be frustrating for all of us. So it goes.

Scott, I hope y'all have a wonderful time in Wyoming and that you and Doug both get a shot at elk. I've only eaten elk a few times, but folks who hunt them regularly swear it's the best game meat there is. Koger might argue bear is better. Ha!

Doug, if there's a ladder involved in your garage work, you need to let Julie do the climbing. If Judy Brown lived closer ... but she doesn't.

Y'all have a good day and be safe out there.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Good sunny morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have daylight and gravity to hold things down. Nice when my easy chair doesn't float off.

Yesterday I got a "notion" that I could move the Damcows across the highway by myself. I sat a bucket of salt in the field and opened the gate. I had 12 holdout calves that were skert, but I held a Momma cow back and she led them across 10 minutes later. I got Lucky. JB shows up after I was finished.

I ran 5 tankfulls of gas through the chainsaw and finished the wood sawing later on. Went to bed early too...still hurting. Someone will help me split it maybe.
I saw that a young Bobcat walked in the front door of a Dollar General in Ky and couldn't find his way out. Police got him out and he was upset looking.

Checking on cows today is hopefully about all I have to do today. Chinese Virus is Raging in the rural counties of Ky so I will stay home.
Have a safe day folks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts