Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies with snow and rain coming down. It is to get up to a high temperature of about 35° with a possible accumulation 1" of snow today. It certainly won't be as bad as they were predicting.

Yesterday was a so so day for me, I really didn't get all I wanted to do done, I had to be on the road for a time. It wasn't really expected but when a business needs help there is no question about going. We had the Gun Club Executive Board meeting and got our plans set for our "To do list" and our Membership Appreciation Day. Today I will be busy with paperwork and am suppose to be getting a Fed Ex delivery.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 18 now, clear and sunny 45 this afternoon. I need to wash the truck and make a grocery run. Then new places on the truck.
Like George I didn't get everything done yesterday that I had hoped for. That leaves projects for today.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good morning. 23 here and its going to be a chilly day. Yesterday was very windy and cold, didn't take long to get totally frozen to the bone. Kids are coming home for the weekend, Ha, they are right at and sneaking up on their 50s but they will always be the kids. First time together in over a year due to the virus and this is the house they all grew up in. Tomorrow I'm having breakfast with the boys from work before they have to punch in. I've been retired for 11 years and I'm surprised they still invite me, will be good to see them also. Had my second shot on Wednesday and no Ill effects at all. Have a good one guys.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Good morning from the Mountains of WV, it's 31* here and not getting much warmer today. It rained most of the day yesterday and I got 250 38 Specials loaded and another 250 ready to load. Day before yesterday It was 70* and I cut my grass. I guess this is our Easter storm. I'm working at the gun shop today should be fun. That's about it from here, you all have a good one today.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Well, what an April Fool surprise this morning. It’s 25 degrees and we have about an inch of snow to walk on. To make matters worse the high is forecast to be 28 degrees And it’s opening day at Comerica Ballpark. I think I’ll miss opening day again. The sky to the east over Lake Huron is black and not very nice looking. Other than that, it should be a good day to help clean the house and get ready for Easter.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 34 here high on RUGER Mt this morning. Took off work
as my joints is aching this morning. Don't know if it's the change in weather
or from taking that furnace down Wed. but they are all hurting. You all have
a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
morning all. 22 and a little breeze out there, might get to around 59 today. Was nice and sunny yesterday, a bit cool but not bad.
Worked on the big disc yesterday, well just got a start on the project of replacing the front discs, there are 40, twenty six inch discs on the front gangs. Could take awhile.
Had four new calves in the ones that I keep a eye on yesterday. Not sure but should be getting close to the 500 calf mark.
I even whacked a coyote yesterday morning, thought I saw one setting in a little patch of willows, stopped the pickup and got out, was still there. Got the scope on him and only could see his neck and head, with a good rest on the pickup, I hit him dead center in the chest. Flopped and ran about five yds. and rolled. First one I've even got a shot at for a while.
Breakfast waiting, have a great April fools day and prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 27 going to 35 under sunny skies. Need to pick up a RX today and I'll spend the rest of the day thinking about what to do next. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Currently 24°with an northerly breeze and it won't get very much 'nicer' than that for today her near HalfwayUSA. 19° and snowing up in Grayling.

My plans for yesterday got side tracked as soon as anyone else had any expectations of my time. Still, I did get the second hand lumber sorted. A keep pile will get carefully stacked & the cut up pile got cut & stacked in the woodshed. I was pleased to find some black walnut panels, maple & oak planks and an antique cupboard door with wording stenciled in the 1920s. That stuff will get special attention when the remodeling starts on the Grayling cabin.

Late in the day when outside chores were done I did get to sort brass. All the 450BM got sized & flaired. I have around 150 pieces that will get filled back up. Hopefully tomorrow.

Today I have to go to Grayling to my old hunting partner's place. I have helped worked down his debt over the past 10yrs. Now at 86, he is very close to being debt free. It could have been zero'd right now were it not for that furnace dying a few weeks ago.

·
Administrator
12,274 Posts
Good morning folks. Happy Thursday, but it's Friday for me. Off tomorrow, the one holiday I get that Sue doesn't. I'll be busy anyway. Rain ended early yesterday and it turned into a pretty nice, albeit cloudy but warm day. After work I ran to Tractor Supply for bird seed and some supplies. I came home and reloaded the feeders, and fixed one the squirrels messed up. Shortly after I went inside I happened to look out back and saw something. Thought it was a squirrel...NOPE. It's a DAM RAT!!! Joe Biden I call him. I couldn't get a gun quick enough before he disappeared. I have a 22 with birdshot by the door. I tried to catch him out after dark but he didn't show. The weather turned crappy about 9PM with some snow flakes mixed in the rain, but we didn't have anything laying when I got up this morning. Have to stop by the highway dept today sometime to pick up a couple buckets of cold patch. Need to fill a pothole in the driveway this weekend. Driveway is getting tar and chipped in a few weeks. Four wheeler belt didn't come yesterday...hopefully today. Ordered an upper from BCA last week, said it was in stock. Order says "processing". I thought I'd have it by now??? Oh well.

I'm in the office today, lots to do and running late. Better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 31 in Louisville, feels like 23, and should hit 44 under sunny skies. Those skies will stay clear, so tomorrow's low will drop to 25.

My experiment in growing lettuce under a clear plastic storage box is finally paying off. I planted back in November, the seeds got up to about to an inch or so, then they just stalled out across the winter, including some mornings down to single digits. Then about a month ago it got warm enough for the lettuce to take off. Even though I wasn't seeing any change in top growth, apparently the plants were developing good roots because they're going gangbusters. Tenderest leaf lettuce I've ever eaten.

I need to swing the work hammer harder today. I've dilly-dicked the week away and haven't gotten squat done either in my work-work or in my hobby work.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there. Prayers up for our friends with health issues and for our nation.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Good sunny morning from the sticks of Kentucky coming to you live and in living color at Otis's house. Cool and breezy started off at 30°....thank you north wind.

Judy Brown has joined the Army again and is on the way to Ft. Knox area now. Helping wifeless son with some house decorating, he cant hang blinds or curtains it seems. Other gang up there is headed to Daytona tomar and she is keeping the Foo Foo dog whilst they are away. Hope the SOB doesn't die on us.

As I suspected, Otis the Cat has Impregnated his little GF Spooky who is getting a round belly. He also has knocked up every pussy cat in the whole area and is looking for more. Wife home....barefooted and pregnant...out runnin around with wimmen. Where have I heard that before?
I have instructed JB to bring back a load of cat food from Sam's Club....

Both tractors are plugged up warming so I can feed Damcows. They all need to all go to Hamburger Factory soon.
Yall have a nice day and fire a couple rounds today.

Dean popped this Coyote yesterday. Looks like an Arrogant Male to me.

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
Good morning everyone...30° here. Put my thermals back on when I got up incase I need to be outside. Got the defacer in the shop and stretched out 4ft longer. I just need to add some plates here and there to make sure they don't tear it apart. After that I have a bucket that I need to take the broken cutting edge off of and also make a template and draw up a print for some new mounting brackets so it can fit all the new quick change plates that are on the loaders. They will be 1.5" thick so I just have those burnt out by the steel supplier.

If I get done early enough I'm going to take my flatbed to the house and pick up the truck camper and bring it back to the shop and pull it inside so I can let it warm up and clean all the areas I'm going to reseal. We have an RV/ camper dealer right down the road so I'll go see what kind of high priced stuff they have. I need to order some USB charging outlets to install as well. I also need to look into a solar set up. It has one deep cycle battery which was just put in recently...Guess I need to camp in it one weekend soon and see how it does. Also I been looking at generators as well. I have a 16ft tandem trailer rated at 7K lbs I'm thinking about reworking and setting the camper on and trying to have room for my 4wheeler....******* style I guess..that way I could haul it around with the $1000 Suburban and have plenty of room for people and stuff.
I'm also going to make some plates to attach my loading presses to to keep them from pulling loose on my bench. They keep working loose not being able to be through bolted the way it is built.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 35º with the Sun shinning here headed for the upper 50's. It looks like its going to be nice for Easter.

My Wife and I left out yesterday right after I got off of here headed to Memphis. I-40 traffic was just as bad as I expected. And it rained most of the way over and back, although not really heavy. There were about 100 times that a truck cut me off so he could pass another truck going 6 or 7 MPH slower that me. One of them stayed in the fast lane for 19 miles. Lets just say I was pissed! The Wifes check-up was good. The lab said her blood work was the best yet and they ok'ed her to get the Covic shots. We picked up drive-through BBQ at one of our favorite places and sat on the back side of the parking lot to eat before we got home.

Not much planned for today. I have an early afternoon appointment with my Nerologist. They require an appointment before I get every new treatment and thats coming up soon. An afternoon appointment wrecks your whole day but they needed to move it from this morning.

Sam, its good to hear that your blood work turned out good!

Following Skruske's clean up efforts with his Buddy and his Uncle makes me wonder how many of us will require a 20 yard dumpster to clean out our stuff? I started thinning out my junk the year I retired but I still have lots of stuff.

Prayers offered for our members fighting health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Morning all, 35 headed to 45 for the hi today. Had a productive day yesterday, mom had her 2nd covid shot with no issues as of yet. I took her for a beauty salon appointment, and while she was doing that I went an paid some of my bills, got gas in the truck and took a nap in the parking lot waiting on her. Got some more 30 cal bullets cast yesterday. Shane I have you a bunch sized and lubed, that all weigh within 2 tenths of a grain+/- coming in at 178grs. I am going to powder coat some of the same today, size and gas check them. I believe they will shoot great with IMR 3031, 29 grains or Rel. 7, 26 grains, should get you 2100fps, which is about what factory 170 gr scoot along at. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
31º at sunrise and not a lot warmer now, but lots of sunshine. Probably won't get past the mid 40's this afternoon. Got out a few minutes ago for a dentists appointment and as I got nearer I realized I was a half hour early. Checked my phone for the appointment and found I was also a week early....duh. Won't be a problem, plenty to do and not in pain. Shane, sounds like a great idea mating the camper to the trailer, that's some serious ******* engineering, I'm jealous. I have orders to ship and a match to prep for, maybe a trip to my gunsmith. I could fill a 20 yard dumpster just out of my workroom. But then the rest of the house is governed by my wife who throws away everything that isn't bolted down.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
720 Posts
Charlie....small world....I traded for a Henry lever 22 smoothbore about a year ago and keep it by the back door for asst vermin.
Dean.... I don't envy you changing out those discs....that's serious work.
FB...got the package....son had picked it up couple of days ago, and just remembered to bring it by yesterday...THANKS
Beautiful day here yesterday and supposed to be nice today. .
Prayers for our Country and all Y'all

·
Administrator
12,274 Posts
Bruce, I don't have a smooth bore. I just grabbed Lillie's little cricket rifle for now. I normally just use the Buckmark but didn't figure I could get close enough to the little rat bastard so I'll use a rifle.

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
Man.... they are censoring the word Red......neck now too....I wonder about the word Hillbilly? Damn everyone has gone soft. :rolleyes:
Sam let me know what I owe you and send me an address!
Edit...... Nope I guess Hillbilly hasn't been deemed politically incorrect yet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts