Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
48° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, looks like it is going to be another beautiful day today. The high temperature will be up about 72°, sunny and nice.We are to have light winds another copy of yesterday.

Yesterday I went up to the gun club in the morning and got some shooting in which was nice. First time this year I have been and I checked things over when I was up there also. In the afternoon I had more membership renewals come in to take care of. Today I will have to be on the road for part of the day fixing a computer, I rather be out shooting but it is what it is.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Good morning George and those yet to come. 64° here this morning with rain on the way. Spent yesterday evening on the water with my older son. No fish were harmed but it was a great day to be out there and we explored part of the river I hadn’t seen in years. Saw plenty of deer, turkey, squirrels, and lots of blue herons. Here’s a shot of some of the nests we saw.
Make it a good day

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 57 and light rain, high of 65 or 75, depending which forecast I read. Supposed to be off and on rain all day.
I really overslept yesterday. Must be over working it. I ended up getting plenty accomplished including finally getting a JC Higgins 22 pump to work.
Sorry to hear about Dean's cattle rustling.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 61 with a promise of rain later today, we are needing it. Same old for me today garden and hopefully connect a couple shots on a starling or two. Well the coffee pot is talking and time for a cup. Be safe and healthy Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Good morning from the Mountains, it's 54* here and another warm one on the way. We go at noon today for our second Covid shot, be glad to get that over with, my RA is kicking my butt this morning. Working at the gun shop today, need to feed my critters, you all have a good one today.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like 50 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Turkey season is about here, the walleyes are running and they are
stocking trout quit a bit...whats a man to do ???
You all have a gooden today and GOD Blesss...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Great morning folks,

Our sky has cleared and we are beginning our morning with 56° though later we will be enjoying 75° here near HalfwayUSA.

Not sure what happened to the PM from FB. Maybe the US postal service took possession of it. No matter we made contact & we are going to meet somewhere in the middle.

Moving crap from Uncle's barn to dumpster occupied a lot of the day. Moving scrap metal from Uncle's barn and small shop and around the property was occupied a lot of the day. Deb's nephew brought his bigger trailer & hauled away at least a ton. There is more that will have to wait for another day.

Meanwhile, inside getting Aunt to decide what to take, leave & dispose of was a bit of a struggle for her, my cousin and Debra Dearest. At least things are progressing.

The HalfwayHouse is having well issues. While it is "only" a leak, I am having a well driller come in to do the work. Since the well and pump is probably 50yrs old, I think it more prudent to write one bigger check to replace the pump & drop pipe in one trip rather than have to call them back in the near future. It will provide me more years of no worries. I have filled up some containers to take care of water needs after they shut the well down starting today at 9am.

I suppose I can get outside chores done when it's nice out. If the rain shows up late today, more reloading will get done.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
morning all. 22 here is south central Colo. Going to be another windy day, red flag warning out again. Blew yesterday but at least most of the dirt stayed on the ground.
Back to a normal day around the cows yesterday, and got a couple things done around the shop. Really need to get to town for parts and a trip to Harbor Freight too.
Ordered a couple different buffers for testing in the ARs, try to make them last longer and still function. We'll see how long it takes Midway to get them here, sometimes their fast sometimes not so much.
I really need a boost of energy, have a lot of work to get done for spring and can't seem to get going.
But guess I'd better get started, have a good day and be safe. Prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
12,274 Posts
Good morning folks. It's a sunny 51 here, headed to 70's later. It was gorgeous yesterday, hit 76 at the house, at least. I worked from home, got a lot done. Then I worked on cleaning the edge of the driveway. Got a few hundred feet done and sweated my @ss off. Still a LOT to do, hopefully get a lot done this weekend, between rain showers. I also planted some raspberry plants a coworker gave me and sprayed the paver sidewalks for weeds. Have to work while the sun is shining...and then some. I'm at the office today, and work at the shop tonight. Not much will get done at home today.

Better get going. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Rick Fox got the ball rolling and and as a result I was able to connect with Scott. Nice talking to Skruske yesterday. We Michiganders have to stick together with all those rebels out to get us. He sounds younger on the phone than he looks in the Avatar picture. And another thing, spring is here; you can take that jacket off. And another thing; I hope that well gets done in time for you to take a shower before we meet. But, enough about Scott. A lovely day is dawning or as Dick Wright would say, loverly.
Do you guys have leaf filters or such products on your eavestroughs? I do on some of ours and I’m not particularly happy with the kind or brand I bought at Lowe a few years ago. Not all the rain ends up in the gutter and the eavestroughs have developed crud, fungus, black spot. I just wonder if there’s another solution beside climbing a ladder and pressure washing. Some of these gutters are over bushes or on hilly terrain or tough to get to. I guess I could just get a cherry picker and end all those problems. What would JR do........beside getting JB to do this and not get his or her shoes wet and dirty?

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Good morning ya’ varmints. Got light rain and low 60s in Indy for starters. Supposed to pick up a few degrees and continue the drizzle all day.

Finally got a little gun smoke therapy yesterday shooting steel. I’d not done that before but it is fun. The 17HM2 10/22 ruled the day with a 5 shot best of 3.87 seconds. You can shoot it a lot faster than that but they’ve got this silly rule about having to hit all 5 targets. We shot the HM2, the SW22, and a couple of 9mm Glocks. Totaled about 600 rds. Today is gun cleaning and swapping the Burris reflex sight over to another 10/22. The HM2 stretches the rules a bit for the Saturday steel shoot Julie’s going to. I, on the other hand, have enough sense to not stand out in the rain. “I ain’t doin’ it”! We will go to the indoor range today to sight-in the reflex installation.

Y’all have a good day.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 61 in Louisville, going to71 under partly cloudy skies. Due for spotty thunderstorms all day. You may get one or more downpours and your neighbor a half-mile away may get nothing.

Worked on Miss Cindy's paring knife some yesterday. Got the holes drilled in the scales and got the whole thing glued up. Real pretty maple burl that's been stabilized, so kitchen use shouldn't ruin it too quickly.

I started a separate thread to remind folks that Sleepy Joe is signing executive orders today that should be of particular interest to the GoGo clan. (Can we still use the word clan?) Nothing we haven't been expecting, so if you haven't prepared, it's your own fault. With the Supreme Court tilted to the right, let's hope the justices see this as an unconstitutional power grab.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe out there, and join me in praying for our friends and our nation.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 52º and Sunny here headed for the mid 70's. The rain moved in here yesterday about noon. Late in the afternoon it really poured. Thunder, Lightning and wind then it was gone.

I spent the day yesterday in the shop casting bullets with a couple of buddies. I had a little trouble getting the sprue plate adjusted on a new to me mold but once I got it adjusted I had a good run. I cast with a H&G 258 which is a Keith Type SWC for the 41 Magnum. One buddy cast 40's and the other cast 9mm's.

Not sure what today holds yet. I may try to get my Star Sizer set up and adjusted to size those bullets I cast yesterday. I have a thousand new Starline cases primed and ready to load.

Prayers offered for our members fighting health issues, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
62º with light drizzle and clouds in the hollow. Will probably be like this most of the day. I have to be at the dentist's office in about 20 minutes for a cleaning, so time is short. The first hummingbird of the season showed up this morning after Tarcila hung the feeders due to a report from a friend slightly to the north that she had one at her feeders. Better stock up on sugar soon. Saw the first migrant warbler so far yesterday, a Yellow Throated Warbler. I know you guys just get all giggly to hear about the birds ;)

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky at 62° the radar say its is raining but it is not. We need rain real bad as pasture and hay have quit growing.
I finally got a young calf back in the field with momma cow after 3 days of messin with it.
FB, I can't spare JB to clean those gutters at least till she gets these here cleaned out. But she may have to pressure wash the siding whilst she is on the roof.

Otis and Spooky caught some sort of happy smiling creature last night. Possibly a giant rat or Armourdildo that lost his shell.

Speaking of Cats. Otis has recurring Eye Infections and I would like to give him some Cow penicillin but don't know what dosage to give him. I took him to Vet once for it and he got a shot that only fixed him for a week or so. He tried to kill everyone there after they took his temperature and they don't want him back. I have been giving him Amoxicillin that Skruske brought back from Messico but it doesn't work well.
I know some y'all have Cats, so I would appreciate any suggestions.
Carry On....

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Morning all, 61 headed to 70 today. Gloomy and wet, but a little rain wont hurt things around here. Fields are greening up nicely, cows are slick and fat, and I need to get some fertilizer on the fields. Going to try to go to the gunshow this weekend in Somerset, and help a buddy of mine setup, he is downsizing his gun collection and changing gears. Hope I feel like it. KF prayers sent for our country and anyone else who needs them, bad, hard times are coming folks, Buff out.

·
Administrator
1,812 Posts
47* and light rain, on the way to 57 here in the northern Ozarks. Came some heavy rain squalls yesterday, and then cleared off and was pretty in the late afternoon and evening. To wet to do anything outside though, besides like Joez my RA is really working on me. Together the RA and the neurological problems from the calcium build up in my lower spine from the broken back many years ago, are really making it hard on me.

Prayers for the ones in need and especially our country that is being destroyed, and the leader of the country is doing all he can to expedite it. Hope everyone here has a great day and the weekend ahead. God Bless!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts