Varmint Hunters Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I get it with the pets. When we had to put Zeke down I cried so hard on the way home I had to pull over because I couldn’t drive. I didn’t think it would hit me that hard. I use to think if it moved I had to shoot it., not any more. It is hard to think of a Bobcat as a predator. In eastern Oregon they where shot gunning the coyotes from a plane. They were wiping out the Antelope. They were killing the young while they where being born.

Reactions: JRinKY

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm trying to understand what blaming someone who chose to take a Covid-19 vaccine has to do with higher lodging costs where a person might want to vacation? It seems like a very thin argument from someone with maybe a very shallow mind or perhaps someone with an agenda of some kind.

Please note that my comment has nothing to do with whether I've received a Covid-19 vaccine or not. Without knowing me, you'd only be guessing. And your guess would probably be wrong.

All I see is business owners without an income for 15-18 months trying to get back on their feet. Maybe try supporting them since your income was not affected like their's was.

Good morning, GoGo. It's 73 in Louisville, going to 82. Expecting more thunderstorms this afternoon and evening. Most of my flowers and veggies are loving the frequent showers, I'll say that.

My big lesson learned yesterday is that the people who survived the Chinese Flu and then took the vaccine have lost their minds. Sorry if that offends, but it may be true. What has me stirred up is that I got in touch with the owner of an old farmhouse near Pigeon Forge, TN, where Cindy and I stayed in October 2019. We booked through AirBnB at $103 a night for five nights, plus about $200 in various fees and charges. I contacted the property's owners yesterday and they've raised the price for this October to $160 a night, plus those same fees. That's a 60% increase in two years. I thought they were nuts, so I checked out other prices in the area for that same time and they've ALL gone crazy. So, I figured, OK, we'd prefer to be out on our own, but I'll just check hotel prices. If anything, they've been raised even higher than the cabin prices. Two and three-star hotel rooms are running $175-$200 a night, or more. Some of y'all are business owners, so I'm asking for your take on this. What I've always thought would be a crazy stupid price hike apparently isn't, and I don't get it.

Glad to see some of us are getting out and trying to whack varmints. You'll nail those whistle pigs next time, Charlie. And congrats on giving that one pup a little air time, even if it wasn't fatal.

Scott, when we marry our brides, we also marry their families, like it or not. Sorry you're having such a crappy time dealing with a FIL's septic tank that doesn't even need to be pumped. As for doing the power wash on the home that's gonna be sold, I'm sure both the Realtor and the benefactors of the sale will thank you profusely. 😉

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and remember to pray for our members with health issues and for our nation.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No service this morning...high 60s that shot up to the low 90s.
Another great day in the heartland & high plains.
Boys, there isn’t anything better than being an American & a free trapper !!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm trying to understand what blaming someone who chose to take a Covid-19 vaccine has to do with higher lodging costs where a person might want to vacation? It seems like a very thin argument from someone with maybe a very shallow mind or perhaps someone with an agenda of some kind.

Please note that my comment has nothing to do with whether I've received a Covid-19 vaccine or not. Without knowing me, you'd only be guessing. And your guess would probably be wrong.

All I see is business owners without an income for 15-18 months trying to get back on their feet. Maybe try supporting them since your income was not affected like their's was.
Maybe they won't be so liberal next election and vote for Democrats again now that they've lost so much money! Everything is going sky high since the taxocrats ran Trump off! And you haven't seen the end of it yet!

·
Registered
300 Posts
You're probably right, ILL Codger. Everyone knows that only libs own and rely upon seasonal businesses in the lodging and tourism related service businesses for year around survival. My error for the oversight.

I just happen to live in an area where what money that can be earned in the summer months through the tourist traffic, supplanted by several weeks during hunting season, allows these people to survive for the rest of the year to once again supply their businesses for tourists the next year, but Covid still shut down their businesses for an extended time none the less. My wife and I happen to know a lot of those people who are friends and neighbors to us. Just about all of those people heavily voted Republican and for Trump in 2016 and in 2020. Unfortunately our state's 3 electoral votes didn't tit the wheel enough even though the state voted 61.8% for Trump.

You'll get no argument from me concerning the more lucid second and third sentence in your post. Sorry that I have to say it, but your first sentence makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Sheridan Lake, the area KF was talking about, is booked solid all year long, they have bike and car rallys, Thanksgivning and Christmas specials, Valentine day specials, You name it they stay booked all year long, Tourist trap from hell, everything is over priced. I was one and done, they are just gouging everyone they can.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm still curious if they are all liberals who all took Covid vaccines.

For comparison purposes on hotel rates. And these are internet prices which are cheaper than walk-up traffic.

I do know for a fact that the 3 different bed and breakfast business in the area where I live, whose owners are close friends, are very comparable and even higher than local motels/hotels. Some others in the area are likely more expensive.

W live in the Black Hills maybe 10 miles as the crow flies from Mt. Rushmore. Hotel prices and bed and breakfast places are even higher in the small tourist town about 2 miles from Rushmore.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lodging is at a premium...folks are escaping the the blue states it seems.
A bed bug inn at 80 bucks and bring your own free breeze & Raid... 😉

///

·
Administrator
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Personally I feel most of the outragous price increases are caused by trying to recoup profits that were lost in the pandemic. I don't pay that much attention to or worry about a lot of things as they don't bother me and I know some folks only like to post about politics and you never see them any other time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just for the record, I didn't start the political comments. I simply responded to a ridiculous claim about high prices for lodging being tied to people who decided to take the Covid vaccine.

I'll go back into my shell now so I won't bother anyone.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
If Some people don't wake up to the POLITICAL situation in this country, the USA is not going to survive.

·
Administrator
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just for the record, I didn't start the political comments. I simply responded to a ridiculous claim about high prices for lodging being tied to people who decided to take the Covid vaccine.

Sheridan Lake I wasn't referring to you.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts