Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, another inane, worthless morning post is happening right before your consenting eyes <G>.

Very nice weather, shirt sleeve or less in a few more hours. Nothing interesting to report on last weekend's gun show - a yawner. Did pick up a universal decapping die and a pack of extra pins for the 2.5k IMI 223.

Y'all have a safe and profitable one.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Good AM from TN

Well alright then=
glad somone else took the lead this morning
I've got a day of shopping w/ #1 wife in Nashville today :(
Luv the new board =
hope to get to shoot @ Moonshine Mt. Range tomorrow
over and out
Doc:)

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

TA good to see you're up and going. I can't believe Doc is not up this morning. Well I have been enjoying the weather here too, almost 70º for the last few days and mid 30's at nite "but" there is a change coming I hear:( Well I hope you'all have a good day and take care.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Doc you must type faster than I do.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Luv your new 6BR

James, that new 6BR of yours is hott== If it has a 8 twist you need to try some Clinch River 106 bullets = they are super expensive @ 50cents each but if very very serious (BBB) [g]== try some w/ RL-15 you can get 2950fps==and scary accurate @ 300-600-yds. buck the wind also high BC=
enjoy and
best of Holidays to you and Yours

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Thanks Doc. I still have a lot of work to do...getting down to the nick pick stuff now and then putting on a finish. I've got some Berger 105's I'm gonna try and some 105 Amax's to breakin the barrel with. I thought about using Varget but I see alot of loads using RL15 too...sooo I'll just have to try some different things and see. I got the first load data you sent me and I'll give some of them a try. Just have to see what happens.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
best live varmint bullet for 6mm

James. I think me and old Birdog think the best live vrmint bullet for 6mm's is the 87 gr. Vmax= very accurate =explosive terminal result and high BC of .400 =best of all worlds =try one =you'll like it..[g]
6BR will push one to 3150fps =sweet==

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I've read about some guy using FB 88 gr shooting @ 600 yds with outstanding results...but you can bet he wasn't at Buckcreek ☺☺☺
Yea I might try those 87's. My 243 likes the 85 Speer spbt's. To many choices and to little money!!!

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Tom & GGVG Friends

A gooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from Southern, Ky.
49 degrees here and light drizzle. Cooler weather in store for
today, so I guess no 70's today. Good to see the gang up and
attum this morning. Missing a couple or more of the regualrs. I
see that "Tha Old Grey Rooster" is either still hung up in tha hen-
house or snoozed in and had to leave for work. I guess that MLM
is out early walking the dicthlines saving up cans to buy Christmas
Gifts with or fuel for the BBB next May. Reckon I am gonna put a
barrel on one of the Panda's and try to load a few rounds for it
this afternoon if everything goes well. Hope each of you has a great
day today. Take time to thank the man above who blesses each of
us with this another wonderful day in our lives. God bless.....

Don M.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Morin gang!

Good to see yer faces this morining. Gonna be a great day to work outside. A good thing, as I will be workin outside today! Gonna be in the 40s, and if this is global warming, I'M FOR IT!

A while back James Phillips posted something about a bad batch of Berger 6mm 105 VLDs; problems w/ bearing surface variations, weights, and he mentioned some problems with being balanced (Juneke (sp?) test).

I measured a couple hundred of mine on hand, and over 90% were w/in .002 bearing surface, and 92% were w/in .1 grain (in two groups; 105.0 and 105.1).

And, so far these blts are shooting quite well. So, I was wondering if anyone else had checked their 105s for the problems JP was experiencing.

(Speaking of JP, I haven't seen him on the board for a loooong time. What up wid dat boy??)

Wake up U ol' RAT!!

P.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Mornin' campers,....

looks like a good day in the hollow. I intend to smoke some chickens for a party my wife's doin' for her relatives and maybe shove around a load of gravel so she'll stop givin' me grief about all the mud this time of year. Should be a good day for late December.

Doc if you decide for sure about shootin' tomorrow, send me an email or give me a phone call. I'll try and plan for it.

Rick

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I like your avatar, Rick!

P.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
thanks Paul,

that one came out of the hollow a couple of years ago. I can't get the pics of the big one up yet. But then, I like this one anyway.

Rick

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Good Mornin ALL and

looks like I am going to have some time to shoot the new evil black gun today, yipeee.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It's almost not morning , and I had trouble finding this . You need to TITLE it Good Morning . Sence some don't like it and some of us do like the Good Morning Posts. And I liked the camp fire chat with friends . Art

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I had trouble finding this . You need to TITLE it Good Morning
I think so too, except if it was simply "Good Morning", it would be perpetuated from previous mornings, and we wouldn't want that. I may be all wet, but I think adding the day and / or date would prevent that; keep it 'fresh' (as it were).

Sence some don't like it and some of us do like the Good Morning Posts. And I liked the camp fire chat with friends . Art
For those that click on the Good Morning post, and then BITCH about it, need to stop clicking on it. They are no doubt not morning types and are just being crab-asses until they have a cop (or so) of coffee!:D

(No offense to any of you "crab-asses". Some are just not morning / campfire people. But, we love ya anywayz:)

P.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts