Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I'm 60 and so far it hasn't hurt.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It will just open your eyes. go get a old picture and take a good look in the mirror. Better get a tape measure in inches and put your finger on 60 and look at the inch mark that you think that you will live to, and see how time you have left .

Have a happy birthday . Art

PS: sorry I did this to you. I was 66 on the 14th.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Happy Birthday

Mine is coming up in a few days as well. hope you have many more to bless your life with. Chad:)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Happy 60th

Happy 60th Kim, I was 58 last friday. Ron

PERKS OF BEING OVER 50 or 60 in your case

1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.

3. No one expects you to run--anywhere.

4. People call at 9 pm and ask, " Did I wake you?"

5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

7. Things you buy now won't wear out.

8. You can eat dinner at 4 pm.

9. You can live without sex but not your glasses.

10. You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.

11. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.

12. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

13. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.

14. You sing along with elevator music.

15. Your eyes won't get much worse.

16. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

17. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the nation al weather service.

18. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

19. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.

20. You can't remember who sent you this list. And, you notice these are all in Big Print for your convenience

·
Registered
423 Posts
well...Happy Birthday Kim (and all the others too!!)

Some of you guys are gettin' O-L-D !!!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Happy birthday boyz.

Today in History........

December 18
1118 Afonso the Battler, the Christian King of Aragon, captures Saragossa, Spain, causing a major crisis in Muslim Spain.
1812 Napoleon Bonaparte arrives in Paris after his disastrous campaign in Russia.
1862 Nathan B. Forrest engages and defeats a Federal cavalry force near Lexington in his continued effort to disrupt supply lines.
1862 Union General Ulysses S. Grant announces the organization of his army in the West. Sherman, Hurlbut, McPherson, and McClernand are to be corps commanders.
1865 Slavery is abolished in the United Staes. The 13th Amendment is formally adopted into the U.S. Constitution, ensuring that "neither slavery nor involuntary servitude... shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
1915 In a single night, about 20,000 Australian and New Zealand troops withdraw from Gallipoli, Turkey, undetected by the Turks defending the peninsula, to bring an end to the costly and disastrous campaign.
1916 The Battle of Verdun ends with the French and Germans each having suffered more than 330,000 killed and wounded in 10 months. It was the longest engagement of World War I.
1925 Soviet leaders Lev Kamenev and Grigori Zinoviev break with Joseph Stalin.
1940 Adolf Hitler issues his secret plans for the invasion of the Soviet Union--Operation Barbarossa.
1941 Defended by 610 fighting men, the American-held island of Guam falls to more than 5,000 Japanese invaders in a three-hour battle.
1941 Japan invades Hong Kong.
1942 Adolf Hitler meets with Benito Mussolini and Pierre Laval.
1944 Japanese forces are repelled from northern Burma by British troops.
1951 North Koreans give the United Nations a list of 3,100 POWs.
1956 Japan is admitted to the United Nations.
1960 A rightist government is installed under Prince Boun Oum in Laos as the United States resumes arms shipments.
1965 U.S. Marines attack VC units in the Que Son Valley during Operation Harvest Moon.
1970 An atomic leak in Nevada forces hundreds of citizens to flee the test site.
1972 President Richard M. Nixon declares that the bombing of North Vietnam will continue until an accord can be reached.
Born on December 18
1946 Steven Spielberg, film director (E.T., Jurassic Park, and Schindler's List).
________
Suzuki DR200SE

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You can't be 60, Kim....

You're only a junior member, for chrissakes! I hope it's a good one, and that you have at least 30 more. Molon Labe!

Sid

1 - 9 of 9 Posts