Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im supposed to be out there already this morn, but cant bring myself to get on the motorcycle to go. Its 25 out there with ice everywhere, I dont think its too safe, yeah thats it, not safe yet. A little too slippery for two wheels.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
26 here now. Sun sure feels good coming in the window. be careful on those overpasses and shadows later on!

Better yet, jump in a Crown Victoria :)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Don't do it

Dont be a wuss.Had to take the bike to work a few times cause it was too cold(-25) for the truck to start.It was only five miles to work but the last 3 miles went way past fun,good thing I took that not cool windshield off/NOT.You can't drive fast enough to beat the cold...trust me.
Growing up in Mn we used to get the bikes out in the winter but it sure wasnt smart.Between the ice and sand it was just plain dangerous,that and the salt realy raises cain with aluminum parts=if not washed right off your gona have one FUGLY bike afterwards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
CJ your'e the man. In the mid teens I call it quits, that is without any kind of moisture. At -25, I think you need to bring your brain inside at night. It doesn't seem to function too well in extreme cold. lol That had to be painful.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mike in Fresno is "Da Man" re: Bike Riding......

I bet he logs more miles per year on his work bike than the average rider covers in a lifetime! Ken (The fair weather rider who only commutes 5-6 mos a year --- on nice days)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I used to ride in all kinds of temps, NO MORE!

Some thirty five years ago, my only transportation was a Kaw 100, milti purpose bike. As a young husband/father, it was all that I could afford. I rode to work daily for over a year. Never missed work either. As soon as I could afford a vehicle with a top, I bought one. Now I ride on "iceless", sunny days. I still ride occasionally on cold days, just not icy days. Be careful out there. Bill................

·
Registered
446 Posts
We're going ride today - YEE YAW !!!

...and here's what I'm taking out :D

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Im a wuss

I did make it out by sheer determination, gets old as I get older. Its been frosty and iced every morn here lately. On the bike all day and it wears on you, but its the weekend now so I will get away from it for a couple of days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Corcoran, too cold to ride! (PIC)

Can't wait for the weather to get better and ride this Victory.
SN+PER

1 - 9 of 9 Posts