Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to run some of the fuel out so I could fix my fuel gauge. I couldn't just pump it out so my son and I put some miles on it. Stopped out by my buddies house for a few. I'm going to have to bend the passenger side header off the torsion bar as it rattles when it idles.
Old tires needed burnt too.:D
https://youtu.be/CCUWkb0yQ-8

·
Registered
563 Posts
Oh, man! Looks like super fun. :D:D
Brings back a lot of memories. I had a 66 Cornet, 383, silver 2 door hard top, bucket seats, 4 speed and 8 track. Had a lot of fun with that car. Won quite a few cases of beer with it too. My late wife, Renee even raced it at times and won.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Lookin’ Good

It’s come a long ways from that first pic you posted, sitting out behind the barn.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Big Daddy Garlitts with the “Swamp Rat” dragster and Judy Lilly with the “Banana Cuda” Pro Stock proved that they were built for drag racing.

What other car manufacture in 1964 built a street car like the “California Plymouth Belvedere” that had the frame and body acid dipped to lighten it up, powered by the 426 hemi with a 3/4 iIskaderian roller cam, high rise 6 pack manifold, 4 speed or an automatic trans with a High stall converter and choice of tires. This car was sold by mopar dealersships along with the Dodges and Chrysler’s. There wasn’t another manufactures street car built that could catch them.
That’s when the saying coined “Mopars are built for racing”. I love the memories of the Muscle Cars I have. I feel very fortunate that I was 18 and lived in that era. Still remain a mopar believer.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, man! Looks like super fun. :D:D
Brings back a lot of memories. I had a 66 Cornet, 383, silver 2 door hard top, bucket seats, 4 speed and 8 track. Had a lot of fun with that car. Won quite a few cases of beer with it too. My late wife, Renee even raced it at times and won.
This was originally a 383 4bbl car auto with the console.

Back before I got my drivers license I always wanted a 63-65 dodge. I almost had my dad talked into a 64 savoy but no go.

·
Registered
988 Posts
The car to own would be one of the 80 1968 Dodge Dart Hemies.
Mfg for Hurst that did some mods before being release to
select Mopar dealers. I have not found a selling price, but will guess
in 1968 they would be about 6K. Today's price is north of 200K.
MOPARS are for drag racing. LDS

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I bet it would be even more. I knew a auto body guy 20 years ago, who had a '68 Hemi Cuda convertible, orange in color, that he used in some shows and parades locally. He said it was a bit more than that back in 2001. His project car was a built up a yellow, full fendered '34 Ford 3-window coupes, sort of like Boyd Coddington's. The son's had cycle fenders and a 6-71 blown Rat motor in it. Their shop always had neat stuff in for restoration and repair.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I seen a 426 hemi come up for sale that was cast late 65 so it would have been in a 66 car. It needed a head repaired and was mostly apart and it was $27k.:eek:

I see a lot of 68-70 mopars that need almost the bottom half replaced and they want stupid money for them.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Barrett Jackson........

had a convertible hemi Cuda run across their auction block that bough a KOOL $1,000,000. Could have been a 1970. Not sure. But something like 16 were made with the convertible option.

I had a new '74 Charger.

I am beginning to get afraid to drive through a dealership because I only look for SRT, Hell KAT, or Red Eyes
and I am getting weak, very weak. Pretty good buys on some of the used ones.

Dodge was offering a sale one Horsepower. $10 of for every 1 horsepower. On a SRT Red Eye that is nearly $8,000 off!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts