Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode over with a friend this afternoon, got there about 2:00 & parked about 3/4 miles away. The store was full of customers about 1/3 of which were not from around here. The reloading area had no bullets, powder on display but none for sale & 100 primers for $3.75. I did not find their pricing better than the locally owned store. They had about 10 M70's & 5 Trail ends m94's on display but you had to take a # for service. Guess I'll just stick with our local store & the internet for my needs.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
They opened one up in San Antonio, Tx just a few months ago. I finally got up there and I was grossly disappointed. The first floor was boats and clothes- mostly clothes. The upstairs was shoes, crap, archery, a few guns at retail+ prices. The reloading area was about 4' high and about 10' long. I have twenty times more than they do. More clothes, electronics, and the ever amuzing "Fine Guns" room. I guess this isn't fair as I'm not into high grade shotguns but a first generation Thompson Contender, used, in 7mm-08, stainless with a Simmons scope was in a cabinet by itself in the center of the room with lots of lights on it. They wanted $1600. for it. I guess this was the gun of the day cabinet- I don't know. I won't bother with going back unless I need some grossly over priced clothes. Their used gun section was also full of used clunkers that were priced 2-3 times what they bring elsewhere. I'll be sticking with the usual places.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Bass Pro today also

There is no Bass Pro in Indy. The closest ones are Clarksville, IN (just north of Louisville) and Cincinnati, OH. Been to both but never been terribly impressed with their shooting supplies. I guess if you want to shop for a boat indoors, it's pretty good. Perhaps that's why they're Bass Pro and not Coyote Pro or Prairie Dog Pro. Lately I've been looking all over for a decent price on Rem Premier 33 gr VMax .22 WMR ammo. I've seen from $11.27 ("out of stock") all the way to $15.05 online and $12.99 at Gander Mtn. This morning a poster on Rimfire Central advised Bass Pro had it for $9.99. Came to just under $110 for a brick shipped. I can't drive to either BP for $10 so, for the moment, I am a happy Bass Pro customer. Probably should have ordered 2 bricks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.