Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
42° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies and fog rolling in. The high temperature for today will be getting up to about 67°. I will be sunny after the fog burns off with a light wind. It is becoming fall for sure now.

As things ended up yesterday I was on the road from 8:00AM till 5:30PM, I am not use to that anymore. Today will be a fairly busy day also but not as bad as yesterday. I have to have a cyst removed from my face this morning and after that i have to start buying and ordering components for my Grandson's new desktop computer I will build for him. Some I will be getting local and some I will ordering on line.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
A good Tuesday morning from NC Ohio. 46 going to 70's under smoke hazed sunny skies. I Pray that all have prepared for the water in the storm's path. I have lots of garden work to keep me busy for a long time, that happens when you work as fast as I do, snail pace!! Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
Mornin boys...
Low 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Got to go in early to ride a bus route with the driver.
They want somebody to take temps and seat the kids.
Building up OT for the hunting season...
Hope you all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 64 and clear, high is 79. I need to get to the range today. The mud is drying up so I can get to the target line.
Yesterday I forgot again about the old curmudgeon shooting group. So no work was done. We had a good time. I struggled to get my CZ zeroed. Not sure it's there yet.

Today I need to fuel the truck, get a service appointment for it, do some research and writing, get to the range and what ever else comes up.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Great morning folks,

As summer nears the transition into fall, we have a clear sky with 47° but a high of 75° waiting for later here near HalfwayUSA.

The big fat truck got a thorough cleaning outside. More detailing to do today. Last evening Deb & I retrieved firewood that filled the truck & trailer. Almost all of it was too long for our stove so I simply delivered it to Corey. As we finished piling it up, Mike called & said he'd been at the high school woodshop much of the day & had 12 barrels of scrap wood. If we wanted it, come get it. So we did just that.

That means this morning when some daylight shows up, I'll be stacking kiln dried scrap firewood. Anyone notice a repeating pattern here? 😚

The rest of the truck will get a detail cleaning inside later in the day.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Good morning from the pancake joint. Off to a bad start here. Opening waitress is a no-show and we’re being served by the manager, Ozzie. Prayers for him and us would be appreciated. (Grin) Attended the golf course yesterday. Nuff said. Gonna’ give the sticks a couple of days off.
Looking kinda’ sketchy around Louisville. Maybe KF will be working at home when they announce they aren’t going to hang a couple of cops. My friend who works in the court system is nervous.
Nothing going on here today. Have a good day.

·
Administrator
11,729 Posts
Good morning Double Tap Doug and the gang. It's 48 and chilly here, TV man says 43 where he's looking. Where'd THAT come from? Jeeze, I should be up a tree somewhere maybe? Be a nice morning in the woods. I guess summer is over??? Hope it's still nice in NC at the end of the month, although I am really worried due to the peak of hurricane season. With SEVEN tropical systems in the Atlantic right now it doesn't look the best. Looks like ole Sally is taking her sweet ole time down there in the Gulf, trying to decide when to come ashore. It's going to be rough on that whole area with wind and rain for days.

I'm running late this morning so I'll keep it brief. Prayers sent. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
morning all. 37 with mid 70s again today. It's fall here but no colors, leaves all froze in the storm last week and just turned grey!
We got a field of oat hay baled yesterday but no alfalfa, everything is dry but boss man can't seem to decide just what he wants baled first. Also another sprinkler of third cutting alfalfa was cut yesterday, should finish cutting hay for the year today!!! FINALLY!
Had to work on the shop air compressor yesterday, blew a line off.
Seeing coyotes out hunting everywhere, now that the crops are cut.
Better get started on the day, have a good one and be safe. Prayers for those in need and our country!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Morning all 59, headed to 82 today. ,Got a doc appt at Somerset to get a brace made for my left leg/hip, hope it works out and helps. I ended up trading into the 722 Remington, .222 yesterday. This is hands down the nicest specimen of this model I have ever seen. Blue is perfect, wood is too. I looked it over hard and found 2 small 1/4" long impressions in the stock, that is it. It has Burris Bases and Signature Rings. Got a Vortex scope on the way will be here wed. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Tuesday morning in the sticks of Kentucky finds me still alive. That's good.
I delivered a watermelon to a fella yesterday in Bowling Green, only one more to deliver and that one is going to Halfway Michigan Thursday. MPC, we are running one day late buddy. See you Thursday at McD Findlay, Ohio.
I am taking my winter coat as I checked the weather report.

I have a bu nch of Tractor stuff to do today, if I get around to it. Very muddy everywhere.
Skruske, I am bringing a sick AR up to see you. It's a single shot.
Things in Louvil are getting ready to explode again soon and I need firepower.

Y'all have a good day, and Sam hope the brace helps you.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Good morning everyone...it was 49° here this morning when I got up it's gone up a little since then. Hopefully it goes up more as I need to weld an extension on an overflow tube for a pond. The guy wants to raise the level 5 ft and it may require more than rubber boots unless he gets it pumped down or sandbags around the pipe. Got a few little jobs done yesterday then went to put new shocks on my truck and discovered the new one they sold me had been installed before and were beat to shit! They had torn boots and one had the threaded rod end bent and the other one looked like a hammer had been taken to it.....needless to say I was not very happy. Of coarse they had none in stock so I get to go back this afternoon when they come it.
A little brass got trimmed last night as I have 2 coffee cans of .223 brass that is a little long. Soon I'll have to start filling some up.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's a cool 58 in Louisville, going to 78. Should be a really nice day for outdoor work. Unfortunately, I'll be inside.

Doug, I fear you may be right that all hell is gonna break loose when our black Republican attorney general announces only minor charges against the LEOs involved in the Breonna Taylor shootout. BLM and local black leaders elevated the young woman to sainthood immediately after her death, but she was no saint nor was she an innocent bystander. I can't imagine the impact of all this on LEO recruiting efforts. Who in their right mind is going to sign up for what amounts to 20 years of daily combat stress in our inner cities?

I have an "everything" bagel calling my name. Y'all have a good day and be safe out there.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Morning Gents! We slept in this morning and I'm late checking in. Its 72º and Sunny here headed for the mid 80's. We are forecast to get rain and T'Storms tomorrow from hurricane Sally.

Yesterday was a long day. We drove up into Missouri for some grain bin parts for my buddies boys. 940 miles and 14 hours on the road. It was mostly Interstate driving and traffic was mostly mild so it wasn't bad, just a long day.

Not much planned for today. My buddy is going to replace 2 30HP motors and the fans on their grain bins but he doesn't need me until its time to wire the motors. We'll probably pull in some new wire while we're there. Its in conduit, buried under the concrete but its 35 years old.

Wishing George the best with his plastic surgery.

Happy late Birthday to Miss Cindy!

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Must be the western smoke in the air, I slept in too. I answered a private message from JR but I can’t tell you what we said; it’s a secret, private message. As I am late, I have no time to tell you nothing is going on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts