Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4° here in Upstate NY this morning with a dusting of snow, the high temperature for today is only going get up to about 11° with a brisk wind. We might have a chance for some snow showers this morning and then it will be sunny.

Yesterday was mostly at home time, I worked all day here at home, I was on the road for a little bit and that was it. Should be the same for today and I am glad of it with the weather we are having.

I hope all is well with Sam.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 11 and enough N wind to freeze this old fart !!! Will be the same for me today inside out of the cold. Florida is starting to look good in my older years. Prayers for Sam and all others in need and this cold country. Mike

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
15° and they say we are heading to 32 later. They say we will hit 45 tomorrow. If that comes true, I’m going to get out and do some fishing or shooting or something else fun. Not much news to report from here. I drove up to Cabela’s after work yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see the shelves fully-stocked ( except for primers and powder). The last time I was there, it looked like a going out of business sale. I picked up some hooks and cast a few more crappie jig heads last night and that’s about all that was accomplished. Time to hit the road. Prayers for those in need. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 9 above, getting to 37, a real change from yesterday were we nearly froze at the indoor range. I am finally getting the hang of rifle shooting, I was able to get into position and fire very respectable scores. On the way home an accident caused us to take a different route, that just happened to pass right by the gun store. The car just turned in.
Inside shelves for powder and bullets were full, ammo not so much, however there was an upgrade taking place also. Great selection of used guns at good prices. A Stevens 15A followed me home.
Lots of projects pending, I need to work out a plan for tackling them.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
Mornin boys...
16 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Well, got another Dr app this morning. GI Dr this time.
I'm pretty sure it Will just be some test today and will have to go back
soon. They have to get all the visits they can to get more $$$.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Great morning folks,

Up to 5° already from a low of -1° and we should get near 32° by sunset here near HalfwayUSA.

Yesterday's trip to a couple stores had an added benefit. It was cold & windy and getting Debra out into that convinced her we may be able to get away for a short trip this winter. Actually with 15mph winds and a temp at 11° she insisted we leave for Yuma immediately :ROFLMAO:

I did some outside chores yesterday for about an hour. Once back inside and after a hot beverage, I sat at the reloading bench to load more 6x45. Filling the woodstove as needed & filling cases was a good way to spend an afternoon.

We are leaving shortly for Deb's surgeon. I should get before and after pics just so I have an air tight alibi. My typo yesterday about bruising was well received. :eek::unsure::ROFLMAO: Oh well, the internet is on my permanent record same as it was in elementary school.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
morning all. 2 above and possible low 40s today. Was a nice day yesterday, but DRY!!!!
Worked around the shop some yesterday, had to cut a broken tooth of one of the loaders, should be a
new tooth waiting at the shop this morning. Also got my baler out and cleaned up, backed in the shed and ready
to take off the tractor, maybe today. But really feeling like crap today so don't know what all I'll get done.
Did whack a coyote yesterday, BIL brought a dead heifer calf to use as bait Sunday, I got the first coyote to visit.
Hopefully more will come along too.
Have a good day, prayers for Sam and others with health issues and other problems. We could use a few prayers
around here to get over this curd soon. Thanks.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,020 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 16 here, with light wind, doesn't "feel" as bad as yesterday although it's almost 10 degrees colder. Didn't hunt last night. Mom had trouble with her garage door opener and after I dropped my truck off for service yesterday morning, Sue texted me her Explorer wouldn't start. I got mom's door opener fixed and checked out Sue's car when I got home. It turned over a few times and sputtered, then took off as normal. I drove it around a bit, seemed fine. Left it outside last night in case it needed a tow and it started perfectly normal this morning. One of those things that will be hard to diagnose when it's not doing it and not throwing a code. It's at the garage for an oil change and a once over by the mechanic today. Thank goodness it has heated seats!!!

Last night the house was chillier than normal so I decided to literally throw the coal to her. I had to restart the wood stove, build up some hot coals then gradually added real coal to the box. I got it up to a balmy 65 in our kitchen! LOL Damn house is HARD to get warm. We have an enclosed breezeway between the garage and our house, right next to the bedroom wall. The breezeway was only about 50 in there. It's the furthest point from the furnace/stove and windows on both ends. I threw an electric oil heater in there last night and got it up to mid 60's, made a huge difference. May consider getting a mini-split or something for in there at some point.

Well it's a full plate today at work. I better get busy. Prayers offered and have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 30º and clear here headed for the low 50's.

My running buddy called yesterday about the time I was posing here and we went to the Doc's place to start some water. His Son recently got married and the new Wife hung enough clothes on the bar in the closet to bend it. So we went by Home Depot for enough material to rebuild the closet interior.

Not sure what today holds yet. I know we have water to check on. He said something about going to the lake and bringing a tractor home. we'll see............

Hoping our buddy Sam had a good night!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Three degrees and going to 19, if “they who get paid” are saying. There was no wind this morning for the morning constitutional and garbage carry out. So it felt quite nice. The wind Sunday was wicked, yesterday it was tolerable. I have some packages to wrap and mail this morning, a ring die for .338 Lapua and another for a 218 Bee. Talk about differences in size…..After that a trip to the bank and the grocery run are in order. I need some excitement in my life. Wait a minute—no I don’t. Be careful what you wish for our son in law would say.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 19 in Louisville, going to 38 today.

Got this FB Messenger note from Sam about 7 last night: "Am doing well. In about half the pain I was in before surgery with very few meds. Have not had anything for pain in several hours. Got ice packs on. Done up and walking." I'm sure he won't mind me passing that along. Great news, huh?

Don't know what I'll get into today. It's Day 9 for this bug I'm fighting, and I have a 2:40 p.m. virtual appointment with my doc. I haven't had something hang on like this in a long, long time, and I'm ready to whip it, I'll tell ya that.

Prayers up for Sam, TC Tom, other needs here, and for our nation.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Good morning all. It's 13 in Indy heading for 32. Felt like 10 miles of bad road last night so I took some Nyquil when I went to bed. Sure had my sense of taste and smell then! My bad road was up to about 40 miles when I woke up but I could taste my cereal and toast this morning and don't have a fever. Guess that means I don't have the Fauci virus. Pretty sure he would want y'all wearing a mask while you read this anyway. May just have a case of the KF crud. Skipped the pancake joint and looking forward to a day of doing damnearnothing. Buy stock in Kleenex!

Glad to hear Sam's surgery went well. Prayers for a quick recovery. Up and at 'em, buff.

Roll Tide....uh......never mind!

Have a good day.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Cold enough for me. Sitting at VA in Looseyville. Had a very early start. An hour plus up the road w an 0730 appt. They should be through w him fairly soon. No ice to scrape off the VA van this morn. No heated seats or wheel.....roughing it. Idiocy is my car. Seats n mirrors heated but no had wheel. Say what!?!?
They hauled out two straight truck loads yday. Prob 24 or more bed, dual tandems plus a dually lift. Maybe finish up today?
Rider just pinged me. They cut him loose. Tom out.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
G.M. from the chilly sticks of Kentucky at 19° and going to 30 sumpin.
My Geo Metro/Zuki does Not have heated seats or wheel. It barely has Seats as they are pretty wore out.

Lying here on the couch watching the Politically Incorrect Beverly Hillbillies flying a Confederate Flag on their old Truck. You tell'em Granny.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Flag

I am glad I got to see Monument Avenue in Richmond Va before they turned it back into Nairobi Africa.
They are after Gettysburg now and it's just a matter of time.
But. I won't have to see it. It's great to hear Sam is doing well so far; hes a tough guy.

Yesterday, I replaced the trigger Sprangs in my old battered AR 15 with the help of Skruske sending advice. Seems to have lightened it up and maybe less creep with the JP sprangs. This has a non spur hammer which gives a light strike anyway....it is borderline anyway.

Purple Wood Engineering Electric blue Machine

Gotta run and check snares, feed cows and cats.
Have a safe day and good luck to DD on her Eye Lift.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Glad to hear that Sam is doing okay and feels better than before. That is always a good sign.

+1 on Doug's comment, buy Kleenex stock. Have couple of chores today, and then a CT for Thursday and then semiannual OV and bloodwork with my PCP on Friday.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Good morning all..it's up to a blistering 18° here at the shop...it was 9° when I left the house so the temps doubled now at least. I got another wheel center replaced after having to heat up the wheel to expand it some since it was out of round form being abused. I also got the stone box a little bit ago...It is a lot smaller but the forktruck will barely lift it as it has concrete in it as well as being patched a few times so it has a lot of extra steel in it. Luckily I just need to repair a broken side plate thats about an inch thick.
Brown Bedrock Wood Slope Brick

I didn't make it to the garage last night but will try again tonight and see what I can get into.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Decided yesterday to update gun records to put away for safe keeping. I also called my Farm Bureau Ins. agent to get a quote on gun insurance. I have had Lockton thru NRA for a few years, but their rates were going up. I have house, farm & ranch, and vehicles with Farm Bureau. Agent (close friend) said he has his own guns thru Farm Bureau. Quoted me a rate and said write it up. They were about $200 / year cheaper.
I also spent a little time taking a couple of pistols apart and cleaning them. I finally got one of them back together before I went to bed. It feels a little funny now…..
Wood Trigger Engineering Gas Gun barrel

I picked up some of those home test kits for the Chivirus last week. So far about half the family has it…..
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Dish

Sam….glad you’re doing better.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good Morning from the ☀ shores of Medico in Venice Florida not Italy. It's chilled down a little bit it's 63 high of 74 .
JR I'm glad you were able to see Monument Ave in her glory days . It was a beautiful street . We watched on in shock how the governor and the mayor allowed this destruction take place . . I rode down Monument about a year ago my wife just stared at the car floor she wanted to remember it in it's previous condition. .If looting , graffiti and destroying property is a improvement God help us . Here's a couple pictures of before and after we call this moving forward. Have a great day. Now they are removing the statues.
Sky Horse Statue Sculpture Plant
Cloud Sky Horse Daytime Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Logs that is. My neighbor is in tall cotton w the tops. He has an outdoor firebox hooked to water into the house. We'll go back tonight to recon the tops. All walnut or oak w maybe a beech or two. He'll have a good pile of hardwood btu's to harvest.
Got home in time to see Dinah in her van, hard against the basketball goal post....HARD against. :-/ Passenger sliding door is looking real poorly. No buffing that out. I wonder how long to get one in? At least it doesn't require a chip.

• Wow
Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I caught a really friendly Coyote this morning. I was tempted to take it home for a House Dog. A young male not all stunk up like the bigguns.
Neighbor came by and I finally convinced him to get his photo made with it. He was scared to death of it but did it.
Camouflage Plant People in nature Military camouflage Marines

Plant Grass Sheep Fawn Hat

1 - 20 of 24 Posts