Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
7,683 Posts
Well it looks good from here. I am betting that Scott’s not gonna let it be a wall hanger. And if so, it won’t be long before it’s gonna have some patina which is a plus.
Indeed. I think every knife sheath I've made looks better a few months after it's finished. The nice thing is that after the ax, in its sheath of course, has bounced around in the back floorboard for a while, Scott has plenty of old plaid flannel shirts to buff it right up. That is if he holds one out from the ones he usually hands down to JR. You hear that, Scott? And hold out a flannel shirt, not a cotton one. (y)

· Registered
7,683 Posts
Good job. Having it will now be easier to have it at hand without having razor sharp edges when he kids are around.
Very true. I do worry about Scott's hands a little. Most of us remember how a new baseball glove is tight and has to be broken in, right? Well, right now the sheath is tight and it'll take a few hundred cycles of out/in/out/in before it loosens up and the steel and leather work things out. At least Scott's a little younger than some of us and probably remembers how the old out/in/out/in works. Ha! :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,505 Posts
FB ,
I've looked the paperwork over for the manufacturer. Very little info where I've looked anyway. Bruno's is selling them . This has the carbide pilot. And they retail for 350 I believe. I remember the Stiller's of the past had a different milling on the top more concaved . I'm not saying this isn't a Stiller I don't know who is the manufacturer of this cutter. So far I like it I'm learning the little set up tips . I figured out the harsh marks on the side . Just learning a new tool.

· Premium Member
2,090 Posts
HHH, We make an adaptor for the K&M turner. It serves as a heat sink and it answers the need for a larger hand hold for those who like the Pumpkin. It uses the K&M that you already have. They don’t show up well in the picture but the outer diameter is lightly knurled for a better grip.
Bumper Gas Bag Electric blue Automotive exterior

21 - 29 of 29 Posts