Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies, the high temperature will be getting up to about 69°. The clouods will gradually give way to partly sunny skies and we will have a mild breeze.

Yesterday was spent here at home trying to get somethings straightened around, it took most of the day to do so but it got done. Today I will be on the road for half the day and the appraiser is to come this afternoon for my car. I will be glad when that situation is done with.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 54, overcast and high of 63. Yesterday shooting went ok, I couldn't see the sights on my revolver so I put it away. I fine tuned the zero on my match rifle, but I don't like the scope. The magnification is too high and the cross hair too heavy.
After supper I went to Scheel's and found a hopefully better scope and a few boxes of costly 22 ammo. It was my birthday so why not?
Hopefully I can get to the range this morning and sight it in.
Hopefully everyone will have a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Sure its foggy, but aint been outside yet.
TicToc is sure costing me a lot of work. Kids are tearing up the bathrooms in several schools.
Have to put deadbolts on most bathrooms and the kids have to go to the office and ask to
be let in so they can keep up with who goes in'em...sad...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Good morning. Gonna be a pleasant day here after some rain overnight. 63 right now and only reaching 70. No golf today. Played yesterday and The Bad Pants Open is tomorrow. I don’t need to play 3 days in a row. If you’re dressed badly enough, you get a discount on your entry fee for the BPO. I got this!

Julie spent the whole day yesterday at a wimmens only event with one of the Gunsite instructors. Several of her Well Armed Woman cohorts were RSOs. 15 women with widely varying skill levels and experience. Glad I wasn’t invited. She said they all left shooting better and nobody got shot. Usually a agood thing!

Off to see the ladies at the pancake joint and have one…..pancake that is.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
morning all. 35 with a high of only around 50, with 45mph wind. Storm moving thru, may or may not rain/snow.
Got a lot of antifreeze checked yesterday, still more for today but not many.
Got a call from BIL after I'd got home last evening, they had several elk down, needed help skinning and hanging.
Was up till after midnight helping out!!! I'm such a nice guy 😖
Going to be a long day, may have to squeeze in a nap.
Better get going, have a great day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 65 going to the 80's should be dry. I'm just trying to clean up garden beds so there's not so much to do next spring. The snail pace I work at anything takes time. HBD Ken. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
12,745 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 61 here and cloudy. Sure could use some sunshine to help wake me up. I hate getting up in the dark for WORK. Ugh. I did get some much needed sleep last night and feel better today than I did yesterday. Ken, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who buys his own birthday presents. You know, because us men are SO hard to buy for. 🙄 I got a steak dinner for mine last night and a "well, I was gonna get you a gift card at the brewery, but they were closed". Gee...thanks for waiting until the last minute hun. My birthday's the same day every year. LOL At least I didn't have to work at the gun shop and got to hunt after work. Saw a doe and some fawns and my birthday buck wasn't big enough, just a forkie. But it was a great night in the woods. Probably my last archery hunt here at home for awhile. Muzzleloader bear and antlerless deer season starts Sat for a week and Youth and old farts day is next Sat. I'll be playing "guide". Guess I need to get some rifles/ammo ready?

Well enough rambling. I need to get some work done. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 57º and hazy here headed for the low 80's.

Yesterday we met a guy with a dozer over at the Doc's place. The Doc thinks he has someone to harvest some of his rice and the dozer guy is making some ramps down into some of the ponds for the combine. We'll see..............

Not sure what today holds yet but probably back to the Doc's place.

Happy late Birthday to Ken and Charlie.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Good Morning from the ☁ E side of the Chesapeake. 67 to a high of 73. Got a good spit of rain some time last night .
Charlie and Ken Happy Belated Birthday to you both 🎂🎉.
Going out for lunch today to a little hole in the wall joint . Fresh seafood cooked from right off the boat hard to get any better ..This is going my last meal besides supper .
Got prep tomorrow for surgery Thursday morning . Hopefully they well be able to do Laparoscopic surgery if not I will be opened up.
Doctors plan is to remove some colon.
Here's a couple of pictures of the restaurant U go inside to order but u eat outside on the picnic table along the Cockrell Creek. Everyone have a great day and stay safe.
JW
Sky Plant Window Font Art

Cloud Water Sky Plant Water resources

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I’m thinking I might go fishing with the old maid sisters down the road. They have been begging for me to go with them. It would be nice to do some regular fishing what with all the bow fishing and noodling I’ve been doing. Hope the pond clears up so I can see the fish better.

Happy birthday Ken
hhh….nice view
I probably should have taken JR and went fishing with the old maids, but he said his shoulder and neck was too sore. He’s probably saving up to go to Vegas with me

Smile Vertebrate Fisherman Body of water Outdoor recreation

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Good morning everyone... at the shop doing little stuff between finishing up the sons engine for his car. Just needs the water pump put back on and the brackets then on the test stand and the carb installed and ready to fire up again.
Talk to him and his Gf for a while last night and it had been snowing there most of the day but nothing sticking unless you was up in elevation a ways. I guess the high was only about 40° but looks like it will warm up again next week.
Cloud Sky Ecoregion Natural environment Asphalt

I have an aluminum semi trailer coming later to weld the bumper back on then a grapple for the loggers is supposed to get dropped off to weld on too.
Loaded up some 150 sp in 30-06 for my buddy last night as there is none to be had on the shelves around here. I had a couple test loads we fired off yesterday that took 2 hits and one took 3 to get it to fire. It looked like they were light hits and I figured the brass I used was shorter than his chamber but after measuring everything last night they were all with in a couple thou of his fired brass. They were Wolf large rifle primers but I never had a problem with them...l loaded him up 20 with CCI 200's so hopefully that problems is fixed.
Lots of crop coming down and a patch of corn around the hog barns is down so I'll try to get out there this evening to have a look and test my new IR light and maybe knock down the first dog of the season. I also have to take out my new remington 308 and test it out. I took it out of the factory stock and put in my HS precision to see how it does free floated with the sporter weight barrel.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Morning all, 70 headed to 78 today for the high. Good to be home and sleep in my own bed, hectic weekend at the daughters, but got her married, and now instead of the one granddaughter, I have 2 more grandsons, that are dang good kids for today. Belated happy Birthday wishes to Ken and Charlie. Charlie being in the woods and seeing deer you know you can kill, and passing on them, is a reward all its own, especially on your birthday. Got to go pick up 3 rifles I won on a auction out in Missouri the other day, and had them shipped here, need to get some corn put out for the deer, and hopefully get 2 blinds put up this week for ML season this weekend. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If you are mowing and the grass is growing as fast as you cut it, are you accomplishing anything? If that’s the case I did nothing yesterday, all day. I was going to do it again today to a different part of the lawn but it started raining, so, here I am, looking at old maid sisters that Bruce fishes with. Oh, I just noticed; they caught a fish.
Edit:
And now a thought came over me; Will Bruce sell his guns and buy fishing equipment to “lure” them into his lair?

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
73 with sun in the hollow, up from 65 at sunrise. Might see 80 by late afternoon. Yesterday was a route day. I thought I needed to hurry home to get a couple of orders out, then remembered that the PO was closed, so everything slowed down a bit. I spent Sunday afternoon annealing brass and then loaded some of it last night. Turned out that since it had been fired in another chamber, all of it was swelled at the base and wouldn't chamber in the new barrel. Shoulda known better, but I may make it work once I get a new Harrell's die for the current barrel. There are learning opportunities most every day. I thought this was going to be a slow week, but looking ahead this will be a busy week, every day. I really don't know what people with full time jobs do.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
"Let's go Brandon"

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Noontime greetings from the sticks of Kentucky where the sun is now shining and all is well....?

Someone left this nice sign on my Geo Metro last night. Main suspects are Jackson and his GF. I believe it needs a little Tweaking of the Artwork.

Car Vehicle Smile Motor vehicle Hood

LET'S GO BRANDON.

I made about a dozen Coyote Snares yesterday and it's getting near time to hang a few. That's close enough for me.
I may get a bit more wood sawed up today as the weather guessers are saying it's gonna turn Cool.

Have a safe day and Happy BD to the birthday boys.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My phone isn’t smart so I couldn’t get a picture of a sticker on the gasoline pump yesterday. It is a picture of President Trump pointing to the price of pumped gasoline and a balloon saying, “miss me yet?” I thought it was clever and I’m told these are popping up all over the place here.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
My phone isn’t smart so I couldn’t get a picture of a sticker on the gasoline pump yesterday. It is a picture of President Trump pointing to the price of pumped gasoline and a balloon saying, “miss me yet?” I thought it was clever and I’m told these are popping up all over the place here.
I made two trips west this past summer and took along a pad of post it notes. Every time we stopped for gas, I put post it's on all the convenient pumps. "Gas prices courtesy of Joe Biden"
Jst trying to do my part.

Rick
"Let's go Brandon"

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Good afternoon, GoGo. It's 73 at 2 p.m. in Louisville and absolutely gorgeous outside. Low humidity really makes a difference.

I've been kind of worried about adapting to retirement, but as some of you may have noticed I'm doing really well at doing my morning posts a little later ... like 2 p.m. I'm getting that part of "Slow down!" real well. Ha! Speaking of being a late (or absent) poster lately, I'm taking Miss Cindy to the Smokies tomorrow. Grey Fox stayed in the same old farmhouse that we have rented and reported a couple weeks ago that there's no Internet router. I don't do for squat trying to post with my phone, so y'all may have to do without me the rest of the week. Bruce already got a good start on tomorrow's Hump Day photos. The rest of you need to give him some help in the morning.

I'm signed up for Medicare Part A, but am having one hell of a time signing up for Part B. That's the part where you have to pay a premium and it's like they don't want my money or something. Real PITA.

Charlie, you need to get Lillie's new deer knife sharpened up, because something tells me that young lady will have no problem pulling the trigger on a fat doe or spike. Ha! I want pictures.

Y'all have a great day, be safe, and pray for lower gas prices, among other things.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Dean just reported that it's SNOWING and 23° in the high valley in Colorado.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Land lot Sky

I had not thought about the Gas Price Stickers.....but it's ON now.

Photo I took here last year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts