Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
45° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 53°. It will be a cloudy day all day with a 20% chance for showers and a mild wind of about 6mph.

Yesterday I worked here, and we went over the Veterans Home to see my FIL, he is still doing ok. Today I will have to be on the road this morning and probably part of the afternoon. It is going to be a busy week for me.

I see Republican Senators Rubio and Scott voted against the Ian Hurricane Relief, that was nice of them.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Good morning from Waseca where it's 54, clear and 75 later, another nice day. Shooting went well yesterday with the 22's. I also found that I have 500 rounds of 9mm hand loads with light powder charges. They shoot nice but won't eject the brass. I do have a Ruger Blackhawk and a 9mm cylinder.
I plan to stay home today and try to finish last 4 pages my project. That's the plan anyway.
George, I have found that when guys like Rubio vote no on relief bills there is a unrelated poison pill provision slipped in by the other party. That never gets mentioned, just their no vote.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday,
Ken

·
Registered
579 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 38 going to upper 60's, another Bluebird Day! The RTZ was hauled to the shop for service yesterday, a little shopping around Upper Sandusky killed the time till it was done. Only problem the Gun store was closed on Mondays I will remember that next time. Lots of work to get done around here before it gets cold. Be safe my friends Prayers to all of us and country. Mike

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Good morning all. Bordering on chilly at 40 here this morning but should reach the low 70s. Got the annual plumbing inspection today so I’m stuck here untill they show up. They’ll call a half hour before they arrive. Hoping that’s early. I’m a busy guy, ya’ know.

Ken hit the nail on the head. It’s SOP to quietly add an amendment to a bill knowing it will force the other side to vote against it. Then the media jumps on board with frantic BS. The sole purpose is to try to make the other side look like villains. It’s called politics!

On that happy note, have a good day.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
morning all. 37 here with mid 60s and a slight chance (30%) of moisture. None yesterday.
Didn do much yesterday, back hurt all day along with most everything else. Only put twine in the balers and ordered some
lug bolts for the bossmans' tractor. But I did get my cow elk tag bought. And my BIL and I went out to the cow pasture looking for elk,
didn't see nuthin where I could shoot. A few head on the neighbors though, maybe next time.
Not sure what will happen today but sure something will.
Have a good and safe day, prayers for those with health issues and others.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 46 here with what else? Rain...and more coming. Ian is spinning off NJ now, pushing moisture off the coast inland. Just below George and CTKen. Going to be there for another day or so they say. We need the rain, and I'm not complaining. I do have a few outside chores that need doing, but they can wait. Yesterday after work I went to the Doc for a checkup and got a flu and tetanus booster (See I'm not anti-vax, just anti-THAT-vax), and 2 sore arms this morning. LOL Bloodwork was good and Doc is happy. We scheduled another quartizone shot for my dam thumb. Got one done about 4 months ago, then the other started acting up. That's scheduled for 2 weeks. Miss Lillie and my daughter and SIL made it to Orlando about midnight. First plane ride was a success. We got little Garrett while they're gone. He's not a happy camper. Was after 1PM before he decided to stop screaming and go to bed. Miss Sue is off all week baby sitting...and probably taking a nap when he does too!

I have to order my brakes and rotors for the boat trailer this morning. Should I bite the bullet and get SS calipers for an extra $1000??? I surely could use that money elsewhere... 😢

I never could understand how the gov't works by adding all this bullshit stuff in bills? Why does a simple bill have to be thicker than the Sears catalog? Why can't they vote on ONE thing at a time?

Well I need to get busy. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. 48 headed to 56 cloudy wif a 70% chance of rain.
Got a couple of appointments today one at 10:00 then one at 14:45 in Williamsburg.
Did a little running around yesterday picked up some stainless steel bolts , fender washers , rubber grommets and lock nuts to tie the dock box down. Went by the boatyard Larry had no objections with me painting the bottom of the boat while it was there .
Well it's time to get going everyone have a great day stay safe,warm and dry.
HHH

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 49º and Sunny here headed for the low 80's.

Yesterday was a lazy day. Neither the Wife nor I felt great and we were wondering if that had anything to do with getting a flu shot last Friday? Anyway I spent most of the day tinkering in the loading room.

Today we'll be busy. I have an MRI scheduled for 9:00 and the Wife has an appointment with her heart Doctor at 1:00 and then we'll pick up the youngest Granddaughter after school and take Her to gymnastics. An easy day, but busy! They use an MRI to monitor how well my MS meds are working or not.

Prayers offered for those in need and for our Country.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 48 in Louisville, going to 72, and sunny.

I was feeling lazy yesterday, didn't want to do any of the numerous small tasks that needed doing. So, what I decided to do was go donate blood. Always makes me feel good. A nearby superchurch (Southeast Christian) had a drive going on yesterday, so I logged in to my Red Cross account, found an open slot, and got over there around 2:30. It was a fairly large mobile unit, with at least 5-6 tables set up. Weird thing was that I was there maybe an hour total and I was the only donor the whole time. The workers said some folks had come in early and that they were doing well on numbers. As far as I know, when the Red Cross does all the lab tests on donated blood, they're still testing for COVID antibodies. I'm anxious to see if that comes up positive this time because several folks turned up with COVID after that military reunion I attended in August.

The Woodcraft store has some exotic wood on sale and I need some thin CA glue, so I may wander over that way sometime today.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and please pray for our friends here and for our nation (yes, including the politicians).
Eyebrow Mouth Smile Eyelash Neck

·
Registered
309 Posts
Morning all, 51 headed to 71 today. Got a lot done yesterday, forged 2 Mauser bolt handles down, ground them and ready for final polishing. Also bent a hammer over on a TC Hawken I drilled and tapped and put scope base and rings on. Also worked on a rolling block forarm that started out as a 4"x4" x8" block of hard maple. About got it ready for final sanding and finish. I have been working on this off and on for a year. This is my Retirement Rifle, a 7x57 Remington Rolling block. Started with a 1897 Steel smokeless action, and added a 24" tapered octagon Green Mountain barrel. I ordered stock blank and forearm out of the same piece of wood, 4XXX curly maple, with even stripe throughout both pieces of wood. Also fitting a Rigby type checkered steel butt plate. I have it drilled and tapped for a one piece base, and will hot blue all of it. Need to get moving, you all have a good one, prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Good morning everyone......48° here at the shop now. This morning my phone said it was 32° at the house and there was heavy frost on the windshields and on the grass. Took a lap around some cut fields but no coyotes out. Went to the dairy early and looked at a leaky fuel tanker they bought for storage. he said in the last week they went through 4 tankers of fuel cutting silage and hauling it and all the groundwork they are doing.:eek:
They need this for extra storage as it's cheaper to buy the whole tanker full.

Off to get some welding gases in town been a while since I went and just about out of full tanks. trailer needing a 5th wheel left yesterday and I finishe up the repair and modifications on a Pro-tote set up on another truck. I guess after getting gas I'll be doing dairy work the rest of the day and then tomorrow maybe put the edge on a bucket for the dairy as well.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Loretta Lynne has left the stage, quietly, in her sleep at 90 years.

Packaged some .204 39 Blitz seconds l had from my factory visit back when for an AZ destination. Picking up Grand today, haircuts, playground stop, grocery stop then pizza buffet. :) Dinah is meeting up w the Wrecking Crew for dinner to plan the Feb trip ...... somewhere. The condo is either non-existent or OOC. That stretch of ocean side Ft Myers Bch seems to be 80% leveled. So just Gramps and Lad for din.
Wipers were fixed, a non plugged back in cord situation when dash was reinstalled.
Had another bacon n garden mater sammich fer breakfast. They are DONE. Gonna miss them for sure. Really liking the Romanos for sammich app.
Not much else to blather on about, soooo, Tom out.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
GM, actually Noontime greetings to everyone.
I have been doing some chores today already. Greased the Haybailer and got it ready to sleep for the winter. I do wonder if I will ever use it again.
Checking cows revealed a Dead calf and a New One to replace it with. Dead one was a couple weeks old and just died?? Momma cow had plenty of milk.

I hear Loretta passed on. She has been in bad shape for a couple years. I saw her when she was full of life many times.
We are going to a Dottie West remembrance next week in Nashville her Grandaughter is JBsFbook friend.... OK.
We got the replacement window in the tractor yesterday evening.

Plant Blue Green Hood Tarpaulin

Tire Wheel Workwear Vehicle Motor vehicle

Sledgehammer Rick and Jackson
Vehicle Motor vehicle Bus Automotive tire Hood

Good as new for $480 or something like that...don't remind me.
Gonna haul a load of firewood in soon and JB is doing sumpin this afternoon and I need tobe there.
Have a safe day

·
Registered
454 Posts
Noontime howdy from CT. Nary a drop of rain here from that storm system, had about half a dozen drops last night as I went out to be sure my windows were rolled up on the car. It is windy, though.
36 years ago I was all dressed up and in the church at this time, watching the clock tick toward 1pm and the start of my official "married" status update ceremony.
Out to dinner tonight to celebrate the best decision I have made to date.
Ken

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Happy Anniversary, CTKenagen and wife.

Been a slow morning here, just too cool to do anything productive. Tomorrow will be a new experience. Yesterday I got word I will be starting radiation trreatments. Five treatments on alternating weekdays.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Little late, but I am here. Had a way morning appt to get oil changed in wifey’s new car. Told ex-SIL (Ford car salesman, and dad to the twins) to check in price on trade for a new 23 pickup. He’ll probably be getting back to me in a couple of days. I never have to tell him what I want on it, he just knows us and what we like and don’t like.
Found a used Begara 308 and bought it. Used with 18 1/2” barrel, threaded, with a new upgrade stock, and trigger. Couldn’t talk him out of the rings, but I probably have 8-10 sets that would fit it. Should be here next week. I made the deal while the ole boys was off in a tree stand bow hunting. Said he wouldn’t be home till Friday and get it shipped probably Monday.
Got to play about 7-8 games of dominoes today and did a lot of BS ing while wifey did a little shopping. Also picked up the Henry 22 I won last week at quail banquet.
CTKenagin…. Happy anniversary
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

Reactions: Dean in Colo.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts