Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
31° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature will be about 41°. It will be a sunny day with a mild breeze of 3 to 6mph. That will be a blessing in itself as the wind has been bitter for the past few days.

Yesterday was a busy day, we went to the veteran's home and visited with my FIL a time, he is holding his own still. I also did some work that needed to be done here as I knew I will be on the road today for a good part of the day.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's clear and 14, high of 36.
Yesterday was tough. I did score a nice 222 Rem dies. And a nice 22 scope, both used for cheap. Shooting went OK, sort of. I need a lot more practice with the Anschutz. I think I finally have all the adjustments set. Muscle conditioning is really needed. My partner found out he can no longer get into prone. He's 83 and a bit large.
The visitation was okay, typically a family reunion. Several of us went to a local restaurant afterwards. The food was good, the service was worse than terrible, I never did get my order, as I ordered it. I ended up just sending it back.
Funeral this morning. That will be tough. Bill and his kids were able to smilie their way through the visitation, not so much today.
Hope everyone has a blessed Tuesday,
Peaceful and filled with good times,
Ken

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Good morning all, it's 29* here and clear, temps into the mid 50's today, I like it. I had the Country Store gals make me a large Thanksgiving fruit basket for the 4 South nurses station, they were so good to me last month when I was there, a little thank you for their great work they do. I guess that's about it from here, you all have a good one today.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Good morning gang 25 may make 50 with bright sunshine. Well, I need to get several things done with green house and garden in the next 2 - 3 days of nice weather, hope it lasts but it won't in the Ohio valley. Thanks Bruce, I made a pot of beef stew yesterday and added the brown sugar, my batch wasn't near as large as yours! :giggle: But it sure was good. Be safe my friends Prayers for all and country. Mike

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Mornin boys...
22 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Probably skip hunting this morning. Had a buck within 100 yards rubbing a little tree but could only see the top of his back and his neck when he raised it up. Had the 44 mag with a 2x scope and that wasn't enough for a shot. Might hit the pawnshop this morning and see what's new. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Good morning all. It’s thuddy in Indy heading for the mid fiddies. Gonna vacuum and mulch the last of our neighbor’s leaves today. We’re downwind and the fence has done a good job of collecting them.

Loaded the last of the Hornady HAP 124s last night. Julie and I will burn up 400-500 Saturday. Fortunately, I’ll be on the range at Hoosier Bullets so I can resupply and the 5K primers I ordered are supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Doing the weekly Mex tonight. We’re expecting the whole hee-haw gang.

Bruce, Justin is still costing me money. Meijer had some of their best filets yesterday. Most of ‘em followed me home. Two got the cast iron skillet treatment last night. Salt, season, sear, then bake! WOW!

Gonna head for the pancake joint. Have a good day.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
morning all. 5 above with 45 later, got there yesterday too. Nice day for late November, storm coming for Turkey day.
Worked on a stock trailer yesterday, bossman tore the light wires off last weekend somehow!!! Pulled the wires out and also
broke the plastic junction box that all the wires go thru. Had to dream up a new box and then fix all the broken wires. But all is
good till next time...again.
Not sure what I'll do today, got a metal gate that needs hanging on a new fence, shouldn't take too long. Would like to go calling yotes,
nice weather should have them out hunting.
Time to get moving, have a great day and be safe. Prayers for those with issues and problems.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Great morning folks,

With a pretty orange sunrise, we start off with 22° and a mostly clear sky here near HalfwayUSA. Looks like the solar panels will have enough sun to make amps for a handful of hours.

Lots of phone calls yesterday - canceling credit cards was accomplished. I have become convinced DishTV employees are unable to understand the word "DISCONNECT". It finally took me telling them they will not receive another payment from a dead guy who has had all his credit cards cancelled. I got the ball rolling on collecting a life insurance policy from General Motors and lastly I signed the authorization for cremation. There will be a memorial service in the Spring. Simple and "as cheap as you can get away with" as I was instructed.

BEST news of the day was my grandson - 8yr old Cooper from Wyoming got his first deer last evening just a bit before sunset. It is a two year old doe and will be eaten. :giggle: Doug got another meat filled doe in the morning. He has one more tag to fill this morning. A little later we'll head over to uncle Mike's to de-bone & bulk pack the meat for travel back to Wyoming.

A couple more phone calls to make to inform two collection agencies that they are not getting any more money. They can try to pursue old hunting partner's deadbeat daughter from here on out. Rhetorical question: who the hell goes deadbeat on their own father for their own student loans? Ya, he did the honorable thing and made agreed payments as he did in fact co-sign her student loans over 15 years ago. <insert some of my very explicit foul language directed at his daughter>

Telling these two companies to take a flying leap will be my pleasure.:devilish:

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Good morning folks. I saw 20º on the truck this morning headed in to work. Had 30 at the house??? But, it's supposed to warm to the 50's today. I have to work today and tomorrow. Should have taken off the whole week. I still have a deer to butcher. Yesterday I got home about 10:30 AM. Uneventful drive back from bear camp. We went out and set mom's ladder stand at the farm, and took mine down since I won't be needing it. 😁 She's set at a good spot. After I got home, I took my stand down that I had out back. It was slightly on the neighbor's and had his permission when they moved in. Now, since he had his line surveyed AND put posted signs up, I figure he doesn't want me in there. He hasn't said anything to me yet. Why do neighbors always have to be dicks?

Well I need to get some bills paid and see how much money is left in the account. Truck is in the shop for new thermostat(s). I'll need to pay them as well. Better run. Have a good one!

Charlie

Congrats to Cooper. Best news I've heard all week!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 41º and clear here this morning headed for the low 60's.

Yesterday was may last day of quarantine and I slept in my own bed last night. I still have a dry cough but the Doc says I'm no longer contagious.

Today I may celebrate my first day of freedom and meet my running buddy at the brewery for lunch. I need to pick my Deer up at the meat shop, stop by the pharmacy, prolly some more stuff.

Prayers offered for those in need and for our Country.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I will be so busy today that I don’t know where to start so I may do nothing. Take a step back and think about it. Not really. My glasses are ready for pick up and to get them fitted to my head. It’s 35degrees and going to 50 so no socks today. Actually I’ve only worn them two days this fall. If I was born a girl, I’d probably go braless a lot. How’s that for a scary thought?
The rubbish is at the road so that’s job one completed.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Great morning folks,

With a pretty orange sunrise, we start off with 22° and a mostly clear sky here near HalfwayUSA. Looks like the solar panels will have enough sun to make amps for a handful of hours.

Lots of phone calls yesterday - canceling credit cards was accomplished. I have become convinced DishTV employees are unable to understand the word "DISCONNECT". It finally took me telling them they will not receive another payment from a dead guy who has had all his credit cards cancelled. I got the ball rolling on collecting a life insurance policy from General Motors and lastly I signed the authorization for cremation. There will be a memorial service in the Spring. Simple and "as cheap as you can get away with" as I was instructed.

BEST news of the day was my grandson - 8yr old Cooper from Wyoming got his first deer last evening just a bit before sunset. It is a two year old doe and will be eaten. :giggle: Doug got another meat filled doe in the morning. He has one more tag to fill this morning. A little later we'll head over to uncle Mike's to de-bone & bulk pack the meat for travel back to Wyoming.

A couple more phone calls to make to inform two collection agencies that they are not getting any more money. They can try to pursue old hunting partner's deadbeat daughter from here on out. Rhetorical question: who the hell goes deadbeat on their own father for their own student loans? Ya, he did the honorable thing and made agreed payments as he did in fact co-sign her student loans over 15 years ago. <insert some of my very explicit foul language directed at his daughter>

Telling these two companies to take a flying leap will be my pleasure.:devilish:
Hard to believe Cooper is 8 years old. I remember reading the post which announced his birth. Seems like it was only a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good morning everyone from the most southern state of the USA. Weather app isn't showing morning temp but it's comfortable headed to 77 today chance of rain. We did a little more sight seeing yesterday only in the local area . Same old same old trees , fences and old construction. It appears stick built doesn't cut it down here.
Today's plan is up on the air I'll see what she has on her mind. She did throw together a good meal last night's Shrimp and grits . Was pretty tasty. Yep I have a rub the temperature in a little.
FB enjoy your trip down safe travels.
Everyone have a great day stay warm dry and safe.
HHH
Food Tableware Dishware Plate Ingredient
Vehicle Automotive design Car Personal luxury car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
25 at sunrise, up to 32 and on the way to the low 50s in Middle TN. The sun is shining and all is pretty good. Yesterday was my route day and that's done. I'm working on my second cup and about to get up and head to Dry Branch for a new member orientation. I should take the new Beggs and do a breakin, but I'm just not motivated and need to anneal a lot of brass first. A few orders will get put together and mailed when I get back and no idea what will get done the rest of the day. Congrats to Cooper & his Dad!!!

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Great morning, GoGo! At 0925 it's 30 in Louisville, going to 55 and sunny. Sure wasn't this nice when I was freezing my walnuts off in the deer woods last weekend.

I've got to start right out by telling Francis that the image of him going braless is gonna be hard to scrub from my brain. And his comment that "If I was born a girl, I’d probably go braless a lot.," caused me to think, "Well, he's NOT a girl and he goes braless anyway, right?" So, I guess he's probably right. Francis, if you'll send me a mailing address, I'll order this T-shirt and send it to you for Christmas. That said, I'm not sure your wife will let you wear it, even around the house.
White Product Sleeve Baby & toddler clothing T-shirt

Scott, please convey our congratulations to your grandson on his first deer. Please get us a picture when you can, and tell the young man he is now famous nationwide. Do not let him see the above picture of Francis' man boobs shirt as it would just confuse him. Lord knows we already have enough confused young people. 😉

Don't know what I'll get into today, but there's plenty to do. The back area of my Ford Escape hasn't been unloaded from deer hunting, so it looks very much like a homeless camp. Personally, since winter is here, I think that's a very good thing, because the items I load for deer hunting are exactly the things that might help you survive in a blizzard. Miss Cindy thinks otherwise. My project to make a sheath for Scott's beautiful ax is aging nicely. I got the main piece of back leather cut, and I bought a few snaps and rivets that I'll need. One-of-a-kind craft/artistic items shouldn't be rushed, right?

Instead of all the things I should do today, I think I'll unload the dried tomatoes from my dehydrator, bake a couple loaves of bread, then either vacuum pack some more rice or put another load of fresh eggs into the dehydrator to dry. First batch of 30 eggs were dried, powdered and vacuum packed a couple of weeks ago and I'm now ready to do more.

Lightman, I'm glad you survived your ChiFlu quarantine. Doug, I'll be watching for those 5K primers you said are due to be delivered tomorrow. 😁

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our members here and for our nation.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Love hearing about those young ones getting their deer or even just getting in the outdoors with dad or grandpa or whoever.
FB…. That is a scary thought 😱
Charlie….. glad you’re back in the real world…😵‍💫. I hope you had a good time.
You telling me you watched that video with Hixson made me remember a good day years ago. They were doing the recreate after he has shot the deer… and he was “sneaking” that bluff to go to the stand. He was watching the terrain as they were filming instead of where he was going and stepped off the side of it and fell about 15-20 feet down that bank. Of course all on film. When we decided he wasn’t dead, we all had a good laugh. That part didn’t make the show….LOL
HHH…. Thats a good looking plate of food
MRC…. Hope you remembered the v-8 part too. Glad you enjoyed.
Doug…. Good way to cook them steaks, especially in the cold evenings when you don’t want to go outside and start the grill. AND….where did you find 5,000 sp primers?
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Afternoon all, 56 headed to 58 this fine sunny day. Scott tell your grandson congrats, the first deer will allways be remembered. HHH some fine looking grub right there. I am overly fond of Gumbo with Shrimp, country sausage, smoked sausage and chicken all added into it. MRC a good batch of stew is hard to beat, and I am going to alter my recipe to include yours Bruce and see how it goes. Got to get stirring, got a lot to do, and hopefully zero a .204 today. Prayers for all that need them, Lightman you are included, hope you continue to do well, Buff out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts