Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will only get up to about 34°. It will be a mostly cloudy day with a mild wind and a 30% chance for snow showers today.

Yesterday I had to be on the road for a time in the morning other than that it was a fairly quiet day for me. I had a conversation with a guy that wants me to join his organization to do sub contract work for computers. I have to be on the road for at least half of the day today.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 27, cloudy and 50 degrees with a stiff south wind this afternoon.
Shooting went well yesterday, I even found some clever ways to miss. Lessons learned.
Work around the house, maybe range time depending on the wind.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
A brisk 21° here this morning. Took the day off work today for a doctor visit and some other errands that can’t be done on the weekend. If there is enough daylight left, I might make it to the range when all of my chores are done. I was home alone for awhile yesterday and took advantage of the peace and quiet to relax at the reloading bench loading some more 9mm. I sure am thankful for the Dillon press but it can go through 1,000 primers pretty quick.
Ingredient Table Wood Flowerpot Serveware

Make it a good day.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 21 going to maybe 39 with light wind that makes cold for an old fart. Need to make a grub run before the holidays get here, did I say I hate crowds. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like 21 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
I took off the next couple days and we get.off Thursday and Friday.
Hunting yesterday evening was a bust, strong North wind and nothing stiring.
May lay in for awhile this morning and go out later, we've had no luck doing what we normally do so I may hunt midday. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Good morning. Looks like low 20s is standard across the Midwest this morning. 22 here in Indy. Nothing on the schedule for today so I might be loading some more 9mm if the spirit moves me. I don’t size and prime on the Dillon so it takes me a little longer but I can watch Big Bang Theory reruns while I’m priming brass.

Here we go Tuesday. Have a good day.

·
Administrator
12,875 Posts
Good morning folks. It's around 30 here with a high of only 44. Chilly. Had a light frost on the windshield this morning. It's only Tuesday, but this is a 3 day week, so that makes it HUMP DAY right? Well, bow season's over so I guess these ladies will have to change out for fluorescent orange now?

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Face Tire Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

Last night I got home and brought a little more wood inside, cleaned up my mess and got the first fire started in the stove for the year. It's amazing the warmth in the house with the wood fire. We have almost all tile throughout, except the bedrooms, and the wood furnace heats the basement and radiates thru the tiles. Forced air furnace just heats the room, not the floor. Anyway, I guess we'll start emptying the wood sheds here for awhile. I also brought the extension ladder inside and switched the direction on the ceiling fans. Makes a big difference whether it's pushing or pulling the heat around.

Well, since it is a short week, I better get something done. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Good morning all it's 21* here on the mountain this morning. Charlie their camo at least matches the 4 wheeler!! I have PT this morning, and I'm ahead of the curve. I need to feed my critters, the deer came in sometime last night and finished all the apples and corn I put out. I better get moving, you all have a good one today.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
morning all. Cold here, 8 with wind chill at 1above. Dirt is going to blow today, 35 to 40mph.
Worked in the shop yesterday, but not very hard. Did get the tractor serviced and now to install a new rear window today.
Guess our kids will be coming tomorrow for a few days, house will be crowded but we'll enjoy... I keep telling myself that!
Better get moving along, starting to get light out. Have a great day, be safe and prayers for those with needs and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Good Morning from the 21° sticks of Kentucky.
I have just started a new business of Paint Removal and services are FREE. I will also Reapply Orange paint.
I should be OUT looking for Coyotes but I am keeping them in check here in front of the woodstove. I have problems when I am in someone's house that doesn't have one. I was invited to supper at my neighbor cross the fence last night and I gracefully accepted. Vegetable soup and Turnips....jalapeno peppers help turnips and make them almost edible.

I may venture Out today and see if McDonald's is still open. It's been a couple weeks.
Face Smile Eye Shoulder Facial expression

I found this photo of my 2 oldest boys on their first visit to The Beach...Dad in the background. I remember the youngest one whipped it out and Peed off the balcony soon after this was taken.
Wish I was there right now!!

Cows and Cats to be checked now; feed cows later today after the tractor warms up.
Have a safe day and just Go Ahead and Pee off the Balcony if you want to.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Morning all, 20 headed to 46 today, so they say. I got a lot accomplished yesterday, spent a good part of it with my mom, getting her hair cut and styled, and then groceries and such. Wore me out. Came back home and did some stuff around the house and farm went deer hunting late yesterday evening. I saw 4 but they were on a farm across the fence from were I can hunt, going to see about getting permission today. Got to get moving the wife and I are heading out to pick up some pecans today. There are several trees around the county on public domain that we have spotted over the years and go pick them up. This year I bought one of those roller/springy things like you see them using to pick up brass with, and man does it work. You can pick up a bucket full in just a few minutes, and dont hurt your back. I also picked up a bunch of black walnuts as well, going to be busy cracking nuts looks like. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Great morning folks,

Up to 23° now from 19° earlier and a big clear sky & sunshine might sneak up to 40° later here near HalfwayUSA. Sunshine all day yesterday kept me outside most of the day.

I worked around the yard & cleaned up after the big winds the other day. Me & the chainsaw added a couple maple limbs to the woodshed.

Been at it a bit already this morning. Sorting brass has started. 4 buckets worth in all from this past summer.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 39º and Sunny here headed for the low 60's.

Yesterday I mostly hung out around the house. I did unload some gear that I brought back from Deer Camp. My running buddy hit a lot of the local shooting sites while I was gone and left me a nearly full 50 caliber ammo can of brass that I deprimed. Deer season provides some stuff other than 9mm and 223! The oldest Granddaughter is here for a few days and I let Her help until She got bored.

Todays big event is taking the Granddaughter home. She wants to stay until Thanksgiving but Her Dad wants to see Her. A trip to Hot Springs will burn half of the day.

FB has a nice stock of supplies! Most of the bullet boxes on my shelves are either Green or Yellow!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
HAPPY EARLY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 26 in Louisville, going to 47. Warmer by Wednesday and Thursday, with rain on Thanksgiving.

JR, your mention of peeing off the balcony made me chuckle. I have two great nephews in Paducah, ages 6 and 4, and they've been allowed to whip it out at will in their own back yard. I've been concerned that the older one might whip it out on the school playground, but I guess he's done OK so far.

Charlie, I think the Army missed the boat by not using camo chicks in their recruiting ads back about 20-30 years ago, when men were men and wimmen were wimmen. Wouldn't work today, I reckon. Here's a second shot of the same chicks you posted.
Plant People in nature Mammal Grass Terrestrial plant

Yesterday I mounted a Vortex SPARC red dot on my new Ruger PC9. You shoot it with both eyes open, which works well for me. My eyes are set up so that one focuses close, for reading, and the other one is my distance eye, focusing farther out. Kinda plays hell with shooting a pistol. But with this red dot, you keep both eyes open, so I think I'm gonna like it. Pistoleros like Doug probably know all about those eye issues I'm talking about.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends and our nation.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Yesterday was another infusion day, and all went okay, even got home a bit earlier than usual, then just rested until supper. Today is bill paying day, and will get on that after reading the paper. Very cold like everywhere today, then it is supposed to get near 50°F tomorrow. That should a good day for the last leaf mulching of the year.

The boxes of bullets made me smile. When I lived in KC, I would go the Sierra factory a few times a year to go to buy their factory seconds and blemished bullets. Some were very obviously bad, but most looked pretty normal. They still shot great for PD and target practice. I had lots of their bullets, but not many in green boxes on my shelf.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts