Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
49° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies once again this morning. The high temperature for today will get up to about 73°, it will be a nice sunny day once again with a mild breeze of 3 to 7mph and no rain forecast.

Yesterday I was on the road all day working on computers and it looks like I will be once again today. I got a busy week ahead of me, but I am going to try and get out Thursday and Saturday fishing "Up Home".

Prayers for the people of Ukraine and those of us that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
60° here and they say another sunny day is in store for us. I might be fishing with my granddaughter again this evening, if things work out right. Might even shoot a round or two of trap, if my son feels up to it. Gonna try to make it to Somerset after work on Friday, in time to get zeroed at 400 yards.
Prayers up for those in need. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 58 and humid. High of 86 yesterday with heavy clouds but no rain. Windy. Today is supposed to be cooler and calmer. We spent most of our shooting time yesterday just talking. Warm weather does that. I am getting better with the Smith 22 revolver. It is like learning to shoot all over.
Today, I don't know. I need to get to Walmart, like it or not.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday,
Ken

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
Good morning. Already 65 in Indy heading for the mid 80s. I’m heading for an early start at the golf course. Violating all current dietary rules by getting breakfast through the truck window. Might get in some pistol shooting later on.

Y’all have a good day.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Great morning folks,

Currently 60° with cloud cover that moved in overnight but the strong southerly breeze will bring an 80° high later here near HalfwayUSA.

Deb & I did get a walk in after morning chores. The Bird & Nature Trail wasn't all that long but was interesting. Turtles were out sunning and a pair of Canada geese were patrolling the water.

I will be stripping poly from chairs today. Hopefully it will go quick & easy. The seats will need sanding where I glued them together. We may make a grocery run today as well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 50 going to 80 very beautiful weather! Charlie, thanks for the offer of a ride I do hope that lots of pictures are posted. Well grass is a grow'n and coffee waiting. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the banks of the Chesapeake Bay in rural VA . 55 headed to a high of 62 .
Beautiful day yesterday picked up the Deadrise took it to the get zip on covers made . I was told 2 weeks we shall see . This is the promise land
they will promise you it back sometime . Took 2 years to get the boat painted .
Got all shrubs fertilized yesterday and Rose bushes treated . I did receive my AMP annealer yesterday. Pulled it out of the box and just looked at it . I'll test it this week or weekend .
Back to yard work today I figured we probably have a good week before it will be back to normal .
Everyone have a great day and stay warm dry and safe.
Happy Trials ,
HHH
Wood Font Shipping box Gas Carton
Picture frame Plant Audio equipment Electronic instrument Material property

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
morning all. 45 with a wind chill in the mid 30s, high will be in the low 70s and we are out of the high wind
warning and into the red flag/fire weather watch. Still DRY. with another nasty dirty day yesterday. But my youngest
had snow in Idaho yesterday morning.
We got the bulls in and tested yesterday morning, no one or beasts were killed or injured! Always a good thing when working with
30 head of mature bulls.
Other than that and fighting the damwind I really didn't get much else done....maybe today.
Better move along, Have a good and safe day. Prayers for those with health issues and others also.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The John Deere rider mower won’t ride. I get a heavy click from the solenoid but no cranking. The battery is up and I can’t figure this thing out. So, today it goes to the dealer for repair. I shut the thing down to pick up sticks and no re-start. Woe is me.

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
Good morning varmints of all shapes and sizes. It's only 51 here, still dam chilly for May. Looks like weather in KY is going to be a bit warmer this weekend. Looking forward to it. We're headed southwest Thursday evening. I hope to hit Charleston WV or thereabouts for the night, then make it to Jackie's Friday noon-ish. We'll have a fire going in the evening, if anyone wants to cook burgers or dogs for dinner. The Skruske's and McMurray's should be there, hoping Greyfox and the Professor pull up a chair around the fire as well. Looking forward to relaxing with friends.

I got things mowed last night and the yard is looking great. The weed and feed is working, along with some supplemental spraying. Speedzone (with the addition of a good sticker) looks to be getting the dam violets and chickweed under control. I need to get a pre-emergent on it when I get back from KY. The grass is growing well. I collected 5 bags with the push mower. Usually only get 3, maybe 4. Grass seed is finally growing and filling in the spots where I had stumps. Sure is nice not to have to mow over those dam things anymore. After mowing, I took the chainsaw down to the end of the driveway and sawed up the hot tub. The sawzall sure did a nicer, easier job, but I don't have a cordless sawzall. The chainsaw made a mess and I trashed the chain on wires, nails, and tile, but it got the job done.

Oh, the grand's new rifle is in. Tikka T3X Compact 6.5 CR. I'll pick it up tonight. Maybe I'll throw a scope on it and bring along to site in at Jackie's???

Well it's Tuesday already. Week is 1/4 done for me. Better get going. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
The John Deere rider mower won’t ride. I get a heavy click from the solenoid but no cranking. The battery is up and I can’t figure this thing out. So, today it goes to the dealer for repair. I shut the thing down to pick up sticks and no re-start. Woe is me.

Electrical gremlins are a bitch. Didja check the safety switch under the seat?

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 66 in Louisville, going to 85 and sunny. Should be a beautiful day, but getting hot if you're working in the sun.

Yesterday I took the clamps off Cindy's maple tabletop that I'm making for her. She has an old Craftsman hand plane that was her grandfather's and I'm gonna use that for a little light shaving on the seams where the boards meet. I think it's going to turn out real nice. As a bonus, I told her I want to chamfer the square edges, so that might work as an excuse to buy a router. ;)

I'm sure looking forward to this weekend's Reunion Shoot. Jackie's range is one of my happy places, and it's been waaaaaaaay too long since I've seen some of my friends. I just learned that Team Savage will get a boost from a former UBR shooter who's a tough competitor even if he does lean left. He loves whipping up on Rugers, too. 😁

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our GoGo friends, our nation, and Ukraine.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 73º and cloudy here headed for 90.

I've been AWOL the last couple of days. They cut the internet off a couple of days early. Its good to be plugged back in!

The movers showed up yesterday to move the furniture and appliances. After they left my running buddy helped me clean out the safe and move my guns. I don't have anything I shouldn't but I'm cautious about letting strangers know what I have. I didn't want the movers getting any ideas! We spent the night in the new house.

In just a little while I'll head back to the old house to meet the safe company and get my safe moved. I'll probably spend the rest of the day loading it back up. I'll wipe them off good and make sure all of them are on my list with serial numbers.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Morning all, 65 headed to 82 today. The wife and I will be working in the garden this morning, and I will be mowing the fields this afternoon. Got a lot of butter cup, but the fescue has done went to seed, so I will be reseeding the fields. It is amazing how letting a pasture rest for a few months helps it. Got to get moving, you all have a good day, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
13,370 Posts
Good morning ggvg
The cub cadet is still awaiting a PTO cluch
Amazon sent the wrong one as in not as advertised.
Yard is totally out of hand all 3 acres of it so my neighbor will literally bushhog it today.
U'all have a great day and prayers sent.
Say a prayer for jackie and Paulette they lost their dog Max yesterday.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I really hate to hear of Max's passing. I know Jackie will have an empty spot.
Been playing the role of late. Tomorrow ends it. We were supposed to have air evac at the soccer field this morning. After about an hour, was told it was canx. So back in company area awaiting a lawful order.
I've met units from N. Mexico, Ft. Hood, Ft. Riley, Michigan, Jersey, Ft. Campbell, Ft. Jackson. A lot of role models for the Dindo Nuffins.....very squared away.
Mid 80s yday but will have to hustle to get to near 90 today. The overcast is welcomed. Staying hydrated is the thing. Must have done 6 16.9s yday.
Oops, Off n On ...... Tom out.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
FB, there are multiple safety interlock switches on the JD riders, depending on the model. I wound up buy a manual on CD for mine. It handles the electrical, engine and chassis. Best $55 I ever spent on the mower.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts