Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
51° here in Upstate NY this morning under foggy misty skies, the high temperature for today will get up to about 72°. It is going to be a mostly cloudy day with a 30% chance for some showers and possibly a thunderstorm. We had some showers yesterday just light rain which will soak in so I hope today will be the same.

I went up to the gun club yesterday and did some shooting, I guess I will be done for a while now. All my rifles are sighted in and I have no testing to do. I will be shooting clay birds pretty soon to stay in shape for bird hunting with Rusty. I was going to mow the club grounds in the afternoon but we started getting some showers so I didn't. Today I have to be on the road this morning and I am not quite sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 65 balmy , cloudy only going to 75. We did get about half an inch of rain all day yesterday. Now grass will need mowing as soon as possible. Busy time of the year for a gardener, anxious to finish planting but a little gun shy!!! Be safe and healthy Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 43 and sunny, high around 65. Nice day. Yesterday's shooting went well, though the Vortex scope I bought is not suited to indoor ranges. I need to start looking for a better scope.
Today is a road trip to Iowa for a Senior Citizen day at a Bible camp. A nice change of pace and outing. I need to leave by 6am.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,171 Posts
Mornin boys...
Pnone says its 68 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Tucker caught a few trout yesterday evening, getting kinda thin
in most places and not many will fish when it gets like that.
They say rain for the next couple days we could use some just
hope it's not a gully washer. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Good morning all, it's 60* here and going to the mid 70's today and some rain coming. Working at Glade today, got some fire extinguishers to inspect today. Hope you all have a good one today.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
morning all. 30 here with mid 50s later, slight chance of a shower but probably won't happen. Yesterday was about the nastiest day we've had in a long time. 35 to 40mph very dirty then mix in some sleet and snow, but not enough to settle the dirt moving!
Cows all got out and changed pastures yesterday, but was just to nasty to try to move them back and fix the fence, maybe today. They really aren't hurting anything where they are at but make it really hard to check for new babies.
Worked some around the shop so no sprinklers got done yesterday, maybe today if the wind dies down some.
Breakfast is waiting, have a good day, be safe. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Great morning everyone,

58° with cloud cover and breeze here near HalfwayUSA. The rain appears to have passed through and we should start drying out.

I kept too busy for too many hours yesterday. Taking all the wheels off the big truck took over 4 hours. I failed to follow my own advice on new vehicles. Take off the wheels when new & grease all the hubs, wheel centers & lug nuts. Well, all six wheel were stuck on the hubs & it took more effort than it should have to get them off. I am glad I did it in my driveway rather than on the side of the road while traveling.

The 5wheel finally got pulled onto the driveway. Maintenance continues on that today. Unpack all the usual stuff & put my travel tools onboard among several other things. I do have to make a trip to my old hunting partner's place before Friday.

·
Administrator
12,418 Posts
Good morning folks. It's already 65 and headed to 85 today. Jumping back and forth from spring to summer. It'll be cooler again later on in the week. Yesterday was a dreary day, off and on showers all day. After work I did nothing, nada, zilch. Well, I did make supper...brisket salad. Like chicken salad but with brisket. It turned out excellent, and I put it in a wrap with lettuce and tomato. Only thing that would have been better would have been fresh lettuce and tomato, instead of the store bought stuff. A big line of storms rolled thru about 9PM. The bad stuff stayed to our south, we just got a good rain. We sure needed it, especially the shrubs and flowers we planted this weekend.

Well, short week for me this week. I already took off for the GGVG shoot so I changed plans and we'll take the camper east instead of west and visit some friends for the weekend, do a little fishing and finish up with Mother's day at my daughter's. Should be a fairly relaxing long weekend. But I do wish we were headed to KY instead.

Have a good one!
Charlie

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Good Tuesday morning, GoGo! Monday is behind us! Yay! It's 70 in Louisville, going to 74, with big thunderboomers crashing all around us. The TV morning weather guesser I watch just declared a Sump Pump Alert.

JR, I ran across a photo the other day that I think you will enjoy. Others may feel free to enjoy it as well.

I have work-work this morning, then a busy afternoon. My church is hosting a blood drive and I have an appointment to give a pint at 3:30. I'm at 23 gallons and my goal is 25, which is 16 more units. Then as soon as I get that done, I have to jump in the car and (hopefully) whip out to my dentist's office to get a crown re-glued. I had the same issue about 4-5 months ago, but a different tooth, I think. I kidded him at the time that he needed to try JB Weld. I'm sure I'll make similar comments today, but maybe a little more forcefully. This dentist has put on 12-14 crowns for me in the past 3-4 years. If they all pop off every 5-6 years, I'm gonna have to move in with him.

Y'all have a good'n, don't golf in a thunderstorm, and lift up prayers for our friends and our nation.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 66º and cloudy here headed for the mid 70's. We had rain and thunder during the night but it looks like it has moved on.

Yesterday was one of those days! I went with my running buddy to his lake house to finish changing switches and receptacles and the water was off when we got there. Well, we found out that it wasn't off, there was just a broken pipe down stairs and water was running out of the back door on the lower level! After we got enough bricks under the furniture to get it up out of the water I went back to the electrical stuff while he mopped and swept water out of the lower level bed room. His insurance sent a clean up guy out that we had to wait on. We got back home about 9:30 last night.

Oh yeah, we went into town to grab a bite of supper and the Sonic had barricade tape around all of the drive up order stations and a guy on the parking lot was taking orders like they do at Chick-fill. He told us they couldn't get enough people to work! I guess this is what you get when you extend unemployment and pay workers more that they made working?

Todays plan is that I'm taking my Wife to Little Rock for a couple of Doctor's appointments. We'll probably gran lunch someplace. But it won't be Sonic! She also had Her second shot yesterday and is doing fine, so far.

Prayers offered for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Good morning. We've reached our high temp already today. It's 62 and will gradually drop over the next few days. Won't get this "warm" again until Thursday afternoon if the weather guessers are right. Rain mixed throughout.

Went to spectate Julie's shooting league last night. There are a few serious shooters among the bunch. Julie took 4th place out of 24 shooters using a gun she'd never shot before. You've heard the old thing about going to a gun fight without a gun? Well, Julie was in a hurry when she got home from work and we were almost at the range when she realized she'd forgot to get her gun out of the safe! She had ammo, eyes, and ears but no gun. If they had any .40 ammo she would've shot mine but they didn't so she used a rental Glock 43. While we were in the range shop, I spotted some 100 rd boxes of CCI MiniMag .22lr ammo. I had just bought two of the same at a shop near the house for $27 a box. The price at the range was $17.50. We've been shooting a lot of .22lr lately so we bought the 10 boxes they had on the shelf. The league was run by the owner of Hoosier Bullets. He's the guy I just bought 2K 9mm coated lead bullets from. He told me he shipped 130K bullets over the weekend. Heck of a "hobby". Hey Carl and Doug. He has some guys testing his bullets in 300 Blackout before he buys specific dies.

Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
Good morning everyone...looks like it will be rainy again today. I got home and messed around in the garage a little last night and went through 2 ammo cans of 20Tac ammo. Some of it will feed in my AR and some won't so since my bolt action barrel was off and cut with the same reamer I used that as a gauge and bumped the bullets back on every one just a little and checked every one of them in the chamber. Turns out Hornady seating dies either like to stick or get an air pocket in the and it causes the shoulder to deform just a little. I checked some before seating the bullet deeper and they would go in better than they did after I seated bullet in more. I had a can that had funky shoulders and ran the loaded ammo through my small base .223 bushing die and that fixed all but maybe 4 or 5 rounds. Hopefully it will feed better than last year.
I also did a little organizing here and there and didn't go in until about 1:30 am so I was a little slow this morning.

Got to do a little clean up around the shop today as well after busting out parts all week trying to get done by Friday.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Good stormy? morning from the sticks of Kentucky at 68° and sprinkles of rain. The Big rain has Split as usual and gone North and South of us as we only have about 0.7 in the gauge. Probably 2+ inches close by.
Todays plan is a visit to the Photo shop to get a CCDW photo taken for renewal and then pay too much money to send it in. Kentucky has automatic CCDW anyway, but it helps if you purchase a new gun or travel out of state.

Those Bullets Pancake Doug is speaking of are good bullets as I bought a few last year. No better than the Koger bullets though none of them come with Primers attached.
I need to shoot a few today and catch up as I need to switch carry guns again.

KF, I found an old bumper sticker yesterday while looking through an old book of mine. Original that I had taped on the inside of my car window back then.

Come to think of it, I met the Man back in the day. Bantam Rooster of a man and proud to say I voted for him.
He was not very political correct nowdays. The Bacon Lettuce Mater folks wouldn't approve.

The VACCINATION program In Kentucky is grinding to a stop. The county Coyote George lives in opened up a Mobile Clinic yesterday Free.for anyone. And NOBODY showed up. 12% of a neighboring county has had the Vax. I took mine but no one else around here has taken it.

I have to meet a fella from another forum this afternoon to exchange some reloading items.
The ATF is appointing a guy for its leader that has Said: "All Semi Auto firearms need to be Registered as Class 3 firearms. It's getting scary for Firearms owners, but the electorate has changed and WE are the enemy now.

Y'all have a safe day and remember the saying about those cold dead fingers.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Morning all, 62 headed to 78 today, and we are in the middle of a thunderstorm that extends from Cincinnati to Tenn.. Got to run some errands today for me and mom, go find some boxes to mail some stuff I sold off. Yesterday I had the best day I have had in months, not much pain at all thru the whole day. Of course I was not out in the shop, period, that probably had something to do with it. Spent a lot of time online and on the phone, getting the runaround and hand off several times in speaking with folks in Frankfort about my moms business, they finally said I will have so and so call you, and that was the end of it. Yoiu all have a good day, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I made a grocery run and then went to the gas station to get robbed. I tried to report the crime but the 911 operator said they are really getting 2.999 for gas.

Hey Kentucky Fisherman, what bridge is that in your picture?

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
Bridge??! What Bridge?
Diesel is about 12% higher than regular in my parts....2.89 vs 3.17 +/-.
Looking at the latest Gen of Ram (Fiat 3.0) diesels. Used truck prices have taken a solid 10% increase since Feb. I have been following very closely since Dec. Will have to get the calculator out and see how many generations it will take to offset the fuel filter and DEF cost. I may be able to get some pink stuff from a neighbor.
Dinah is out and about and I will be potting some matters into larger pots. Too much rain so need to get some dry potting soil introduced.
Then the swaging will begin again. I haven't inventoried how many are awaiting the stroke. Tom out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts