Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
52° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 72°. I will be cloudy to start with and gradually turn sunny, we will have a light wind today.

Yesterday wasn't a bad day, I went to the gun club in the morning and shot a bit and checked on everything. I worked around the house after I got back and then we grilled two tbone steaks for our supper. Today I will have to be on the road this morning unfortunately and then also today is the last day for gun club renewals without a surcharge. We give members a 30 grace period for renewing and then after that it is a $10 surcharge added on, some members always like to wait till the last day to get them in.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio. 57 going to 75 cloudy and calm breeze. I did an 8lb. pork butt yesterday and sister showed up in time to enjoy. We also enjoyed visiting the Meeker cemetery where parents and all mom's family is buried. Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. We'll see what today brings. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Mid 50s here high on RUGER MT this morning.
Back to the old grind. New boss starts today so
we'll see how it goes, wish me luck...lol
You all have a.gooden today and.GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
morning all. 35 with mid 60s today, chance of rain again today and rest of the week. Got a good rain yesterday along with some hail but don't think it hurt anything. Probably got over a inch of moisture, finally getting a little wet to get into the fields.
Didn't do much yesterday, worked a little around the shop then in the evening Gwyn and I went out to our hobby shop for a couple hours.
Not sure just what I'll get done today, but sure the boss man will have something going on.
Have a great day and be safe and healthy. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Good morning from the lovely south side of Indy. It’s 57 heading for french toast and bacon. And 75. The day’s excitement hasn’t been announced yet. No telling how much fun I’ll have.

More good shooting to the boys on the front lines of the p dog war. Need to check their morning report.

Hope you get that new boss squared away, Kermit.

Y’all have a good day.

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Good morning and back to work folks and look, it's not a Monday Carpman! It's 53 here headed to 80 or so. Humidity is way down and it's chilly, and the heat will feel good today. Too bad I have to work all day. We left VA beach at 10AM and got home about 3:30. I-95 from Richmond to DC just flat out SUCKS. There's no rhyme or reason for it but you're doing 80 one minute then stopped for a half hour then back to 80. People don't know how to merge and it screws everything up. There was an accident on the north end of Fredericksburg in the south bound lane. Had I-95 backed up 25 miles!!! Glad we were going north bound! Probably should have left earlier or later to avoid the mess. Oh well. I'm going back down in a few weeks, see how it goes.

We are inundated with the cicadas, even more now than before. The woods was a constant buzz of noise all afternoon and evening. Not so bad at night actually. I was able to get the back yard push mowed after dinner, but it took twice as long as normal. I had 7 bags of grass, normal is 3-4. I need to get the tractor out and finish the rest, either tonight or tomorrow.

Today is Miss Sue's birthday. I already have her present, but need to get a card. Hope I remember.

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Monday, yuck! Calendar may indicate it's Tuesday, but those of us still working know it's Monday. :)It's 61 in Louisville, going to 75. Partly cloudy with a 34% chance of showers this afternoon.

Donnie, I don't envy you having a new boss. It seems to sometimes take a little while before the new leader gets properly oriented and trained as to "how we do it here." I hope this one catches on quick.

Doubt I'll get into much today except for work-work. Tomorrow afternoon I have my first PT session on the knee that got the steroid injection. The way my luck runs sometimes I'll probably be assigned this one:

Y'all have a good'n, be safe out there, and lift up prayers for our friends and our nation.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
61° calling for 93° for a high. We are having such weird weather. Usually it is still rainy and cool thru most of June. There is no rain in our for cast. This has been me lately

Charlie, traffic around DC does indeed suck. Every really bad traffic jam I have been in has been around there. 2 hrs at a dead stop in down town DC once.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Back to the old grind here too. Whatever that is. We spent a week yesterday afternoon at our son’s house for a mixed bag bar-b-que as did a sister in law of ours. She was detailing all the terminal diseases she has had over the years. She once had her gall bladder taken out and when they put everything in that has to be tucked back in, they had things all twisted up and she had to have that part of her anatomy opened up again. She even had Covid and came out of it okay but she has to go for check ups every month. After a week of all this BS, I told her life is terminal and I have had it for years and to get over all this BS. She left and it was serene again.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
KF, hope you get a good PT. My first one years ago after knee surgery was horribly sadistic. She was 5 months pregnant and was ex-military where she was an MP. The next PT after one TKR, was wonderful. Very athletic, thin and a jazz dancer. After my other knee replacement, my PT was wonderful also. She was a life-long runner, thin, very toned, and had been a PT for 35 years, but was 58.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Son and i have decided to leave Tuesday, week from today to go to the PD fields. WE THINK. He has let his guide licenses lapse for NM. So he has ro go to Raton, NM to take a test and get new license. Call for appt type deal. Will go Oklahoma panhandle and shoot on Tuesday, then on to NM for 2-3 days.
We had 32 show up for dinner yesterday at the lodge. All kids and grandkids of people buried in our cemetery here on the ranch. Our family has been hosting this dinner for over 65 years. Lots of visiting. Then we got to go to little redheads T-Ball game. Won 2 more and now 8-0 for the season.
Dean, seems like everyone is getting some moisture. We had 2” Sunday night....sure was appreciated. Thank you Lord.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Morning all, 71 headed to 77, cloudy now with a slight chance of rain. I in yesterday, then yesterday evening I fueled the tractor and got the field behind my barn mowed, got done about the time it got too hot. Got some tinkering to do on the truck today, got a buddy coming down to help me. Hope to get some .45-500 slugs cast today, lubed, sized and loaded before bedtime. He and I are hoping to go on 6 hour roadtrip tomorrow and hit a bunch of gun shops up, one especially that has a bunch of ML and single shot rifles, and gave me a call. Going to read the PD report next, you all have a good one, prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Good Taco Tuesday from the sticks of Messico in Kentucky.
Cloudy overcast skies for the day and I have had I need to Ball Up, but I probably won't make it before the rain this evening. I hope to get a small patch about 10 rolls done but I'm in trouble with the other one which is much thicker.
All I can do is done.
20210601_101801.jpg

Hay bailer is hooked and greased.
I think I will hit the Taco Tuesday special since I can't roll hay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts