Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
52° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 73°. It will be a decent day with a 330% chance of some showers and possibly a thunderstorm. There will be a mild breeze of about 6mph.

Yesterday was a day of just doing not much of anything, thinking about everything and starting to go on. Today I have to be on the road, and I will enjoy it as life starts getting back to somewhat normal.

Prayers are sent for all that may need them.,

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Mornin boys...
52 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Nother day at the grind...
Taking out windows that was put in in 1939, yep
back when they done it right...lol replacing them with
Bard units for Ac and heat. Guess the old coal furnace is history...
You all have a gooden today and GOB Bless..

Donnie

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 78, clear and windy, high of 86. The wind is getting to be annoying as it makes .22 shooting for accuracy nearly impossible. I tried again yesterday evening but the target is moving and the bullet drifting and groups look like patterns.
I did getvto see a mini turtle migration as the box turtles were leaving the slough at the range and migrating yo the open duck pond about a quarter mile away.
Busy day again, lunch with in-laws in Faribault and a Dr appointment.
Hopefully everyone will have a great day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Great morning folks,

65° with a pleasant breeze and a clear sky here near HalfwayUSA. It's a bit deceptive since our high today will be 95° in the mid afternoon.

The insulation work at Corey's is mostly complete. The part that he & I swim through the attic pulling out insulation anyway. He has other obligations for the next few days & I guess I get a break. I sure need it because it's been a heck of a workout for the past week.

Chores to catch up on around here hopefully before the temp rises too much.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
morning all. 52 with a high in the low 70s. The wind is already blowing and a chance of moisture... or not.
Worked on one sprinkler most of the morning and into the afternoon. Then got one of the stock trailers in the shop and
welded the inside gate back in place after the bulls broke it off last week.
Really need to get started working on the balers, both swathers are ready to cut hay. So it's time to get balers ready.
Have some odd jobs to do on a couple sprinklers first though.
Better get around, didn't sleep enough last night so kinda dragging this morning.
Have a good day and prayers for those with needs.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
GM, Ford and Chrysler to everyone on the Page. Bright sunny day ahead to dry the Hay that I cut down yesterday.
Cloud Sky Plant Green Tree

A view from the cab of "Big Greenie " toward Otis's house. You can see a Dark and Light section of the windshield if you look close. Big Greenie has a very large windshield and JB and I applied a section of Limo Tint across the top 24" to help sun glare. It has been a great help. Folks wanted me that the tractor would use a LOT of Diesel but they were Wrong, thank goodness. It is a Pre DEF, Pre Filtration, and not many computer controls.
I was at the New Holland shop yesterday getting my hay bailer belts repaired and they were telling me Horror stories of the problems they are having with the NEW tractors they are selling.
Sledgehammer Rick and I replaced the Belts and I think it may Run. Maybe.
Dean is getting ready to hit Hay Time and multiple breakdowns....that's just the way it is. Red Tractor is still sidelined with a Punctured Tire till end of the week.
This year has really took a toll on me. I hope it gets better.
It almost seems an improvement to be pulling insulation like Skruske. Almost.
Plant Wood Window Tree Pink

Have A safe day and watch for targets sitting on top of Hay Balls.

·
Administrator
13,431 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 63 going to 83 here this first day of summer. Good Lord Scott, that pic makes me itch just looking at it. That's winter work!!! Last night after work I met the dude to do the paperwork on the boat. I guess I'm a trusting soul, the last bit of cash he owed was unavailable due to Juneteenth and banks being closed. I accepted a personal check. Hope it clears. :rolleyes: Have to deposit that today. He followed me home and we hooked up to his truck and it's GONE. Driveway sure is empty now. :cry: After dinner Miss Sue and I went to look at a swing set for the grands. Guy was asking $120. It needs a new top beam, some new hardware and a few screws to tighten it up. But it has 3 swing attachments and a slide, worth about $300 without any lumber. I'm picking it up tonight. It's not going to take long, about 4 chainsaw cuts, set it on my trailer, strap it down and away I go. Got some new stuff coming from Amazon, we'll take it down to their place after vacation.

Plant Tree Land lot Chute Wood

Well, work ain't getting done with me here running my "mouth". Better get busy. Prayers offered.

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake in Virginia not Venice Florida or Italy.67 headed to 82 . Winds are supposed to lay down. Yesterday was very comfortable in a long sleeve Carhartt T shirt. The wind is brutal until you want it . Hopefully I will get the sprinkler estimate today and hopefully it will not break the bank . Some old friends are coming over for lunch he is about the only man I know that is retired and he has to check his schedule to see if he can do something . Yep he stays that busy . I call him the mayor he in to everything.
Hopefully they will start on the boat covers this week time will tell .
JR that's some beautiful country you live in. Looks like Ottis's place would be somebody's castle. It reminds me of a farm I had at the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains to hunt. The Mrs and I would set out the lawn chairs and just take in the natural beauty. A little area called Wolftown VA.
Everyone have a great day and stay comfortable and safe out there.
HHH.
Charlie remember to cancel your boat insurance. Get every penny u can back .

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 79º and Sunny here headed for the mid 90's.

Yesterday I took the Wife to the hospital and got Her checked in. After I got home I worked on my room most of the day. I don't have everything arranged yet but I think all of my stuff is in there and is accounted for. I think !!! I did have one mishap, I spilled 6 cigar boxes of cast bullets on the floor! :mad: I haven't decided if I'm going to sort them or just put them back in the smelting pot and recast them. I think there are 4 different bullet types involved. I met our Monday night group last night and had a couple of beers and watched the Razorbacks get beat!

Not sure what today holds yet. I talked with the Wife but we haven't heard from the Doctor yet. I may ride over to the Duck Club and mow some. My running buddy is replacing a couple of tires on his 4960 John Deere. Ouch!!!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, out Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 75 in Louisville, going to 97. Record for today is 98, so we might tie it.

Well, yesterday I got another good taste of George's computer world. Repair dude called. "Computer fixed and ready." I picked it up, paid him $135, and headed home. Should have booted it up right there at his house, because when I got home, the laptop was flummoxed exactly as before. When I picked it up, Mr. Fixit told me he had reloaded some drivers and software and said he had shut down and started 5-6 times successfully. Anyway, I had to turn right around and take it back to him. Tried to boot at his place and it wouldn't, no way, no how. Left it with him ... again. So, I just got a text from him saying "I think I figured it out. It was a video driver that happens with some of the Dell computers. Seems to be working OK now." I am less than confident at this point and plan to explain carefully that if this problem recurs in the next six months, I expect him to fix it ... again ... free of charge. Am I being reasonable?

Scored three 5qt jugs of Mobil1 oil yesterday for $12 each from Walmart (free delivery). Logged on to order more and it was up to $15 a jug. I played around until I got the system to accept an order for five more jugs. Electronic inventory systems are notoriously wrong, so we'll see if my oil arrives.

Charlie, I'm glad you sold your boat. But now you're looking for the next one? You're beginning to remind me of one "Honest George" Coleman. Not that that's a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Scott, I agree with Charlie: Just looking at that much fiberglass insulation makes my skin crawl. It looks like fairly thick batting, which has me wonder (1) Why is he removing it, and (2) What's he gonna put in that is better?

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here, for our nation, and for Ukraine.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Had a good evening yesterday. Finally got time to work on setting up my printer/scanner again. Had my wireless router die, and that meant that I had to set up the printer again. Finally all working again. Nothing else on the schedule for today for sure yet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Morning all, 74 headed to 94 today. Went to Somerset yesterday to look at a front end loader for a tractor, thought it would fit my Ford 4000SU, wrong, wasted trip. We did stop by King Buffet for a late lunch so trip was not totally wasted. Got several things done in the shop yesterday, more today. Need to go to town, bank, pick up moms meds, and a few other places. Got a guy coming over sometime today to see about cutting a big blowdown limb off of a close friends garage, he is 93 and he and his wife went to visit family in ohio, his wife caught covid while there will be a week or so before they get home, I thought I would get it done so they didnt have to worry with it. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Got a guy coming over sometime today to see about cutting a big blowdown limb off of a close friends garage, he is 93 and he and his wife went to visit family in ohio, his wife caught covid while there will be a week or so before they get home, I thought I would get it done so they didnt have to worry with it.
Sounds like you've got that "Who is my neighbor?" question figured out, Sam. You, Skruske, Charlie, and several other boardies. Proud to call you friend.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Looks liked a busy day here. Painter is here to paint outside of house and back porch (metal) we put up last year. Well man is here to redo plumbing in the well house here. Getting window replacements Thursday (they had originally scheduled for first of August). No water at the house till well man finishes (4-5 hours).
Seems kind of lonesome around here without the Hilton guests. Seems like I had a reason to get up and head to the lodge. Hope I don't get lazy now. Son and twin grandsons are wanting to go to NM next week and shoot PD's for a couple of days. Hope I feel strong enough to go with them.
Prayers for our country, Israel, Ukraine, and all Y'all

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Extremely late check-in for me. Thermometer says it’s only 93° Here but it feels over 100 to me. Kinda hard to get back in the groove at work yesterday, after such a great weekend. Afterward, I got the guns cleaned and put away, washed the car and changed oil. KF, it sounds like you got a real bargain on that oil. Gun club meeting tonight but I think I have other plans.

Bruce, I know of one guest for sure who wishes he was still there. If you go to New Mexico next week, send me a picture or two.

Here’s another picture taken on my trip to Oklahoma.
Sky Billboard Rectangle Font Poster

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Scott, I agree with Charlie: Just looking at that much fiberglass insulation makes my skin crawl. It looks like fairly thick batting, which has me wonder (1) Why is he removing it, and (2) What's he gonna put in that is better?
Corey told me he dropped a piece of brass in the attic & I was looking for it. :D I was flingin' insulation like an angry Badger clearing a hole!. For the record I DID FIND ONE PIECE OF BRASS!

But alas, just a used 22lr rat shot
Gesture Finger Wood Terrestrial plant Insect

Na, Corey had some nasty damncoons sneaking into his attic and making a mess over the years. We pulled out the pink stuff & he is going to put blown it cellulose after he add some electrical. The new blown in can be put in at night when it's cooler.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Corey told me he dropped a piece of brass in the attic & I was looking for it. :D I was flingin' insulation like an angry Badger clearing a hole!. For the record I DID FIND ONE PIECE OF BRASS!

But alas, just a used 22lr rat shot
View attachment 30648

Na, Corey had some nasty damncoons sneaking into his attic and making a mess over the years. We pulled out the pink stuff & he is going to put blown it cellulose after he add some electrical. The new blown in can be put in at night when it's cooler.
I am not surprised in the least that you'd find a piece of brass. Only you. Ha!

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Hmm, blown in. My knowledge is from '78: blown would gradually settle and lose effectiveness - back then. Now? They've probably taken care of that negative trait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts