Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
65° here in Upstate NY this morning under foggy conditions, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 83°. It will be a nice sunny day after the fog burns off iwth a mild breeze. No rain in the forecast till tonight. Yesterday was a dry day and that is what we need for a few days.

I got up to the gun club in the morning yesterday and another club officer come up also. It looks nice up there since the work day and I got an email that our new flag and pole will be coming UPS on Friday. Today I will have to be on the road again for a time but it is what it is.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 64 and high of 84. More hours cleaning today with a run of to Owattona for medicine and groceries. That should cancel any range time.
Shooting went poorly yesterday, too much wobblies to hit anything. I checked the rifle from the bench, and it's Shooting perfectly.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Good morning all, it's 66 here and into the mid 80's again another nice day. I got Glade duty today, back in the grind again. Safe trip to Charleston yesterday, Kate has to have some testing the Dr was very positive, she was happy so it was a good day. You all have a good one today.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid 60s here high onRUGER Mt this mornng.
Nother day at the grind...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
9,776 Posts
Good morning gents. It’s 62 in Indy heading for 85. Golfed poorly yesterday but I’m gonna give it another try tomorrow. Heading for Brazil and some steel shooting today. .22lr and 9mm. Not even taking a bench gun.

As Willie would say, on the road again.
Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
morning all. 50 again with low 80s also. No rain yesterday, just smoke.
Serviced up my baler good yesterday morning then went to bale. We got another 200 bales made, getting close to finishing 1st cutting, only a couple more fields.
Worked on balers most of the afternoon, just fixing things and checking them out.
Need to service a diesel well engine this morning, and then bale again.
Water starting to get short, but had more than we thought we would earlier this spring, crops doing well too.
Better get, have a great day, prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 63 going to 85 the morning due is as wet on the grass as a rain. Met the contractor into Lowes pecked out the flooring for a bathroom redo. The rest of the day cleaning for the event. I'm not the best domestic engineer. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
12,493 Posts
Good morning folks. No baby yet.

It's 68 and sunny here, humidity is building again and it'll be 90 or so later, they say. The cool temps were nice while they lasted. Last night I picked up miss Lillie after work and we went home and hung out waiting for Mimi to get home. We picked squash and a few beans in the garden and then she helped me put a lock on tree stand together...lefty loosey, righty tighty with the ratchet wrench. Then we went over to meet the neighbor's new puppy, a Swiss Mtn dog. Cute little thing that's going to grow into a cute big thing. Had ham and beans for dinner on the porch. Bugs are really bad here lately. Gnats and skeeters. The ceiling fan on the pergola really helps keep them away nicely.

Well, I guess I need to get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Great morning once again everyone,

Locally here in South west Wyoming the current conditions are cloudy with 68° with a chance of rain later. High today will be a pleasant 84°. That is quite nice compared to the 100° heat we 'enjoyed' the last few days in Montana.

Prairie dog shooting was pretty good and hopefully we made a dent in that population. Camp was great as always. The trip so far was only been marred by the usual broken windshield. The RZR was acting up a bit & will require some attention before we play with it much more.

Douglas & I visited a local gunshop. He walked out with a pair on Glock 26 & I carried away an 8lb. jug of H335 for $250. That is my preferred powder for AR shooting. The math works out to be lower cost than shipping/hazmat from an online vendor IF it were available.

I'm told I will be attending a matinee today.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Good Morning from the 🌞 E side of the Chesapeake . 72 this morning high of 89 . Pretty relaxing day today . Yesterday was a day I care not to repeat I had a court case while the judge favored in my side I was just distraught that 2 men could not come to a civil agreement on property damage. 40 years since I've been in courtroom and hope it's another 40 . Looking forward to Thursday old shooting bud and his wife are coming down from Charlottesville VA for a couple of days . We will chat about old times . Y'all have a good day.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky and it is going to be nice sunny day but not too hot.
Yesterday was an exciting adventure as we Did move the Damcows across the Highway. All went pretty well with JB and Big Girl bringing up the rear. About 3 hours later, Judy Brown said "I hear a Calf Bawling."
Sure nuff, we drive up the highway and there he is, standing in the middle of the field. We ran it under one fence , across the highway and I had to Drag it under the Hot one. . I had searched the field on the Ranger but I never found the little guy. Bruce Eakins, you owe me another Dollar..

Judy Brown's late bean patch...we canned 14 quarts out of the early garden and had a lot to eat fresh. It was a flower bed but we got tired of it, and there is more than what you see here. Italian Roma beans bear good and are stringless. Maybe Stick Beans next year.

Skruske has returned to the world and has something to work on now. Glad he has had a good time in Montana.
JB is heading to Justins rescue again...he bawled and she goes....

Charlie that Stuck Baby is killing me. He needs to hurry up and hit the ground.
Everyone try to Fire a few rounds today, we won't be here long.

Reactions: Greyfox

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 73º here and Sunny here headed for the mid 80's. We had a little T'storm roll through last night but I haven't looked at the rain gauge yet.

We checked everything at both Duck clubs yesterday. It was still too wet to mow so I still have that ahead of me. Most of the stuff we planted is looking pretty good. We met a guy with a trackhoe at the Doctor's place to show him a few drain pipes that need work.

Not sure what today holds yet. My running buddy went fishing first thing this morning. After while we may have to make a run and pick up some pipe for the trackhoe guy. I have a pile of stuff from the loading room that needs to move to the store room. We'll see..............

Our oldest Granddaughter is staying with us for a few days. She has developed an interest in cooking and Her and the Wife have big plans. I see a ride on the Polaris coming up. Its a pretty good way to teach a youngster to drive.

Prayers offered for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Picked up trailer and wifey’s JD lawn mower yesterday. The mower (model lt-155) is old and had a leak in gas tank. They said don’t make that anymore and he couldn’t get one. I have two other mowers, BUT she likes the way that one mows….LOL. Any ideas out there for cracked, maybe brittle, gas tank????
JR…the check’s in the mail.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Have to throw this one out there…

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Good morning everyone.... nice and sticky already. Doing some clean up again this morning and might leave in a bit to go home and get some stuff done there that needs attention. I need to run the weedeater a little and cut a few limbs down in the back yard.
I might put my sons engine on the test stand here in a few and look at the waterpump pulley setup and see if I can use the newer serpentine system on it. Hopefully I can start it up sometime this week. still trying to get the transmision from the shop. I took another one up there to scavenge the valve body from but turns out it won't interchange since its newer and had upgrades.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Charlie.….Saw those awhile ago…..made a $80 offer on eBay. Wifey said maybe flexseal….TV says it’s fix anything….LOL. Told her they probably not telling the whole story.

Reactions: JRinKY

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Morning all, 77 heading to 87 today. I got most of my spraying done yesterday, and glad to have it done. Going to mow, and package some stuff up to mail off, hopefully get it mailed. JR I plan on shooting some today, .357 rifle and pistol. I am in the process of trying to trade a guy out of a Pedersoli Sharps 50/90, big fifty silhouette model. Lot of dickering going on, but that is part of the fun. JR those Roma green beans are out favorite, the hull tastes as good as the bean. Wife canned some dried beans, navy, pinto, and butter beans, fill your jar a fuzz over 1/4 full, add water and a teaspoon of salt, and pressure can 40 minutes. The beans swell up, and fill the jar, taste great. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Administrator
1,853 Posts
Nothing much going on around here, I can't get out and do anything, and besides the ground is too wet to mow or much of anything else. 75* and on the way mid to upper 80's clear right now but have the ever present threat of pop up thunder storms. Neighbor has been trying to get his lawn mowed since last week. He works in the boat factory about 40 miles from home and doesn't get home very early in the evening. Yesterday he got home and it had just rained pretty hard before he got home. He had planned on getting some mowing done, but that didn't happen.
Prayers for all in need and for this country. God bless this country and help it get back on a good track.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Bruce, I have a JD LT-166 mower, which is similar to the LT-155, but mine is the B&S twin cylinder, hydrostatic drive and is a 1998 model. Make sure you check out all the fuel lines and fittings, not just the tank itself. Almost everything is plastic. It has a fuel pump that pumps gas up to the carb, and a few years ago, the float and needle valve would stick, and leak back. It was a real PITA to get to everything and take it apart, but a carb rebuild has fixed it so far.

Also, be sure to use Stabil in the gas. The ethanol in the modern gas can eat things up also.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts