Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Bruce I think JB weld will fix your tank. Cheap to try it. Also the wifey may be correct also!

Seems we have a Lawnmower Junkyard here somewhere. I will THINK on it.

I Thunk it up. I will see if they have one.

·
Registered
882 Posts
JR……I have some JB weld and was thinking I might try it….problem is that the tank is getting brittle….I’m afraid its about a gonne. LOL, lost the fenders and hood a few years ago while hauling it down the highway. It sure won’t win any beauty contests or drag races, but it keeps on mowing. I can put about a gallon of gas in it, mow the little area she wants done with it, park it and ”might“ have enough gas to move it in about an hour.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Picked up trailer and wifey’s JD lawn mower yesterday. The mower (model lt-155) is old and had a leak in gas tank. They said don’t make that anymore and he couldn’t get one. I have two other mowers, BUT she likes the way that one mows….LOL. Any ideas out there for cracked, maybe brittle, gas tank????
JR…the check’s in the mail.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.
Mr Bruce, I've seen our mechanics at work patch fuel tanks with fiberglass. The stuff body shops use of fiberglass cars. Maybe worth a try?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Mr Bruce, I've seen our mechanics at work patch fuel tanks with fiberglass. The stuff body shops use of fiberglass cars. Maybe worth a try?
That may be an alternative too….Thanks

21 - 25 of 25 Posts