Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
58° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies although we have some fog, the high temperature for today will be up to about 77°. It will be a mostly sunny day with a mild breeze of 5 to 7mph.

Yesterday was another long day for me, I went to one business customer in the morning and ended up working on three computers there instead of one as I thought. I have to order a new hard drive for one. I got home for lunch and had to go to another business customer, I finally got home at 6:30PM and I will have to go back there again but not today. I will be on the road again for all this morning, I hope to be able to take it easy this afternoon.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
Mornin boys...
69 here high on RUGER Mt this morning
Well, we got the wire pulled yesterday...fun it was...but that's over.
Now to start finishing the inside. Going to have to work around their waxing
the halls and stairs. Got rain off and on about all day and they say maybe today too.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 67, foggy with a good chance of rain, 77 for the high. Today is supposed to be trimming bushes. Weed walking done yesterday. Afternoon shooting was pleasant and I missed every target with a JC Higgins/Marlin 100. Low lighting indoors with open sights and old eyes just don't work well every time.
We finished the day with a quick trip to Mankato for an ammo sale that wasn't. I brought home 2 bricks of Norma TAC 22 plus I lusted over a Remington 511 single shot .
Hope everyone has a blessed Tuesday,
Ken

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 61 going to upper 70's North side of Ohio is dry today then we goin' get IT! Smoke therapy didn't happen yesterday, should happen today. New curtains arrived yesterday, and another item added to agenda, nobody pushing for completion! Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Only 71° here this morning and it feels mighty nice out there. Rain should start anytime and is expected to be here until around noon. The predicted high temp is only 78 today. I’ll be dodging raindrops for a little while but afterward I’m looking forward to spending the day outdoors both working and playing.
Not much got done yesterday So I need to make up for it today. Glad to hear everyone is getting their teeth back in good working order, just in time for all of that sweet summer corn.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Great morning folks,

Partly cloudy, 58° with a high nearing 84° later here near HalfwayUSA.

Packin' was accomplished in the morning and evening. Old hunting partner was taken care of in between. He's tiring easier physically & seems to prefer to lay on the couch more. His golf league is today and in his words "I hope to survive". I'm glad he's keeping his sense of humor. Well, mostly humor. :confused:

Food prep, packin' & checking off stuff from the mental list today. I'm only taking 5 guns on this trip though that isn't for certain as I'm not done packing. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Good morning all. In the 70s with a good chance of rain all day. Got a little road trip this morning back to the range at Brazil, IN. The owner is buying Julie’s G43X MOS and making a holster for her Walther. Good deal for everybody. I’m just the chauffeur but we might clang some steel again if it’s not raining when we get there.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
morning all. 50 with upper 70s today, got a little more rain after dark last evening, don't think it did much though.
Was a nice day yesterday, cloudy and cool! Worked on sprinklers in the morning, have another to work on this morning.
Also worked on my tractor, didn't get the new A/C hose but got the old one rebuilt and back on, now to re-charge the system.
Boss man stacked bale yesterday, think we might be all caught up now.
Time to get moving, have a good day and prayers for those with needs.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Tim’s fo head to OKC for pet scan and lab today. Tomorrow is dr appt and another chemo.
Wifey has heart Dr appt for her pacemaker this afternoon later.
Off to the races again….
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Good morning folks. It's cloudy, 69 and only going to 81 today, may get a shower. Heck of a lot better than the weekend was! Be nice if I didn't have to be inside all day. Have a meeting at 8 then be chained to my desk all day, followed by the gun shop. Oh well. Gotta make the donuts. Last night I stopped by the store for something for dinner and came home with fresh local corn (my teefs are fine) and fixin's for BLT's. That changed when I remembered the smoked chicken in the fridge. We had Chicken club sandwiches instead. They were good and the corn was exceptional. Heck of a lot better than the plactic tasting stuff they trucked in 2 months ago. Spent the rest of the evening relaxing a bit. Yeah, it was nice.

Well I need to check my email and get to my meeting. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 81º and cloudy here headed for 100+ again.

I met my running buddy yesterday morning at the Doctor's place and we moved a tractor and disc to my Son's place. We disc up 11 ponds and about 20 acres of the pasture where we Dove hunt. I rode the Polaris around checking to see if the ponds were dry enough to work and I about got too hot. Down below the levees there was no wind and you got the full value of the 100 plus degrees.

Today will be back to my Son's place. We'll disc a few of the ponds that we did yesterday a 2nd time and do a few others. It should be a shorter day than yesterday.

Prayers for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need. Special prayers for Mr Bruce with his Chemo treatment and for those with tooth problems.

Y'all have a good one

·
Registered
170 Posts
Morning all, 77 headed to 84 muggy degrees. A lot cooler than it has been and glad to see it. Got my neighbor to come over and unload my tractor tiller for me with his front end loader. I put a new long range sight on a Marlin 336 that had been rebored to 38/55 for a buddy of mine, should get him to 500 yds. Worked on my BILs Rem. 7400, it had several issues, need to work on it a couple of more hours today. I ended up with the winning bid on a Ruger super blackhawk .44 mag yesterday, with stag handles and a nice leather holster, $575..Got several errands to run this am, then go pick up the .44 in Somerset. You all have a good day, remember those in need of prayers, and a extra one for Bruce while traveling and the docs visit, Buff out.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Good morning everyone...decent morning here right now. Got a aluminum part to repair this morning then back on a few other parts installed and got derailed on. Yesterday I put another cutting edge on a loader bucket for the dairy.
I picked up a B&C stock last night and some bottom metal. I bought a 700 adl from rural king last year in .308 afte not seeing one for long time. I deer hunted with it one day and that was it. Last night I pulled the shorter barrel off of it after a lengthy fight and put the 24" factory heavy barrel on it I had black oxide a while back. All put together and stuck a scope on it and it matched very well. Might have to load up some 308 and go shoot it.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Trigger

I have an ABC barrel in 260ai I might rechamber to 6.5CM and put on it. Definitely needs a better trigger as well.
I also have a 221 fireball die to get a piece of brass out of today. I ran it into the die and only the bottom half came out.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. Yep a little bit kewler😜. Yesterday seemed like a cold front had moved in at 95 degrees with a little bit of air moving around. 79 headed for a high of 84 wif chances of rain 🌧 around mid day.
The wife corrected me yesterday wasn't the day to get exhaust repaired but today is . I'm sure glad she remembers.
This Thursday we go to a fancy restaurant some friends are coming in from up in the Blue Ridge mountains his wife likes them fancy restaurants. We are going to the Tides Inn on the Rappahannock River. Lunch ain't so bad but u ain't going to find this kid in there at dinner time unless someone else is paying. 30 bucks a salad is a little to steep for this kid .
Well everyone have a great day stay safe and comfortable.
Good luck Mr Bruce as always and anyone else that needs it .
HHH

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
Good morning ggvg
Playing with a used Chinese cnc ...pos so far
Been trying to get it to jog aka move for 3 days with little success.
U'all have a great day 😀

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky where we had 0.2 inches of rain yesterday while we we in Tn.
It sounds to me like our compadre @hedgehoghunter is getting rooked into a hi dollar restaurant with friends.
My Bucket List.
A meal with HHH at the carry out Fresh Seafood joint and a Lunch at the Brewery with @lightman
But I don't have a Bucket and can't afford to buy one.
I am a bit improved from the Strep Throat after not sleeping for days and coughing all night. Hope to sleep in a bed soon.
Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

Day before was the Rebel photo, yday the BLM photo of a truck in Dollar store parking lot.
We hope to get some rain today? And you folks be safe today.

Reactions: Dean in Colo.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Nothing big planned for today, although I already made out bills and will go mail them later today.
looks like we will get some scattered showers in the afternoon.

Bruce, have a safe trip to OKC and good doc visits and procedures. And have a nice nap.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
We are Now having a Rainstorm that Dean would like. I was late getting over to feed Cows and Cats and Otis was waiting by the Gate Drenched.
Carnivore Felidae Dog breed Small to medium-sized cats Fawn

Dog Liver Carnivore Asphalt Road surface

Tire Car Plant Wheel Land vehicle

We do need this rain, but Dean and Bossman need it also.
@Bruce Eakins you have a good trip and be safe on the roads and DON'T eat at McDonald's. Find something better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
No food since about 5 yesterday for the pet scan. Got a radioactive injection for the pet scan. Pretty sure I will glow in the dark now. I will be ready to eat when I get thru in about an hour….. but not hungry enuf for McDonalds.
Son is on his way to another big fire north about 60 miles….. had 2 yesterday they rolled to. He’s about to wear down. Little redhead went to Play Day yesterday evening…..miniature rodeo. Goat tying, pole bending, barrel racing and flag race. She has a good time with her rodeo friends.
Have a great day.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts