Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Amen brother on the seafood joint. Nothing fancy and it doesn't break the bank. My kind of place . T shirt and jeans . I'll be a fish out of the water never have cared for the fancy restaurants even when it was on the companies dime .

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Small update.
I am invoking the humble brag rule as well.

I settled for 6 rifles going to Montana. I'm taking a 6ppc Panda mostly because I 'need' to 2nd fire form 150pc of brass so I may as well do so on live reactive targets rather than simply kill paper.

223AI (my fav), 6x45, 260rem, .223 AR and a Salvage are going.

As I was walking out of the garage I could hear several other very capable varmint rifles in the safe crying about being left behind. It's sorta like going to Disneyland and telling your kids to wait in the car.

The two Remington 700 VLS rifles are threatening divorce.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
It's hard to decide which ones to leave at home for sure! I took 5 bolt guns to SD and made sure they all got shot some....mostly the 221FB and 20vt...223 got worked over well too.
Hope you have a good trip out there!

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
All good choices for a PD war, wish I had the lung power and energy to still do it. I usually brought something long range and fast like a Swift also. Just bring enough ammo.

Bruce, you won't glow in the dark, just feel warm for a while. It takes a while for the shots to equilibrate in your system and it a good time for a quick nap.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Good late afternoon, GoGo. At 1630 it's a nice 78 in Louisville and should stay right there for a few hours. Humidity is so high you can stir the air with a spoon, but it's cool enough that the thick air is OK. Been showering off and on all day. All this great weather will be good for the farmers, at least those whose crops weren't already burned up.

Sanded down the blue epoxy "creek" on Cindy's table yesterday and it went pretty well. Here are a few photos showing the progression of that part of the project:
Brown Wood Wood stain Musical instrument accessory Hardwood
Table Wood Flooring Floor Wood stain
Wood Sculpture Hardwood Wood stain Art

In that third photo, you'll see that when I sanded down the epoxy it also sanded away the stain in those areas. So, one of the lessons learned is that I should have done the epoxy pour and sanding first. Now we'll have to go back and re-stain the sanded areas.

Hope y'all had a good'n. Prayers up for Mr. Bruce, others with health needs here, and for our nation. As for Ukraine, I'm having some problems with their president, as explained in a separate thread.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts