Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
61° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today is going to be up to about 79°. We will have some patchy fog this morning and then it will be a mostly sunny day. We will have a mild breeze about 5mph and only a 20% for showers.

Yesterday I went up to the gun club in the morning and got some shooting time in which was nice. I got back home, and a customer brought two computers for me to look at which I was able to get fixed for him. Both just had a minor problem, when he picked them up, he gave me a $20 tip. Today I will be back on the road for at least half the day and hopefully have the afternoon off.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's clear and 59, high of 75. Yesterday was gloomy all day weather wise. I managed to complete a 22 year old project rifle. It is ready for test firing if I can find ammo. It is a '98 Mauser action with a 19" barrel chambered in 257 Roberts.
Shooting Yesterday with 2 vintage 22's was also good. An 85 year old Stevens was scary accurate. I changed scopes on a never Springfield and got it zeroed. If I can find way to reduce the trigger pull on the Stevens it will be a match quality shooter.
Today is run to Mankato and stop by Scheel's looking for bullets and ammo.
My wife is getting a Christmas present fulfilled from last Christmas.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Great morning folks,

Currently 54°, calm & clear here near HalfwayUSA. 80° and clear later.

I think I got fooled again. Debra Dearest said we had errands to run. First errand...go pick blueberries. She said it was like picking up brass but you didn't have to bend over. Well, 21 pounds later, she said that was enough. I suppose it's a small give back when she is more than willing to help with firewood. (y) While she was cleaning & bagging blueberries, I cleaned up the inside of the camper. We finished up errands after lunch.

More deliveries arrived while we were away. I bought a Chinese solar controller (think voltage regulator) on Ebay for $10 shipped & wired that up to that $5 30 watt solar panel I got a couple weeks ago. I now have a solar trickle charger for the small sum of $15 and it works perfectly.

I received an email notice that UPS will be delivering my mower drive belt this morning. Getting the zero turn moving again is a priority as grass needs cutting again.

Deb has a groomer appoint & has to drop the little white foo foo dog off at the doctor our something like that. I need to get the camper off the truck so I can take old hunting partner to the Dr for a throat stretch on Thursday. That will be another long day on the road.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good morning from Indy. It’s 64 heading for 80. No rain predicted for the next couple of days. Played my best golf of the year yesterday and took home a few pictures of dead presidents then shot the pistol league poorly. They threw in a new course of fire which included movement as you double-tapped each of 6 targets at ranges from 7-15 yards. One shooter at a time, against time. Took forever! Way too much standing around. Brand new lady shooter was there. Girl we coached in high school softball and had never shot any kind of gun. After the league ended, Julie took her down to the 5 yard line where she fired 3 shots. Came back with a grin. Today will be a gun cleaning day. No grins for me.

Off to kick-start the day. Have a good’n.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
morning all. 50 here with only 75 and possible rain today. Got a little shower last evening.
Busy day yesterday, had to work on nieces' well again, got it going for here one more time. Then spent the rest of the morning
on top of a sprinkler, changeing out switches and a contactor in the tower box. Hope it works this time but couldn't try it yet, a different
tower is stuck.
Boss man decided to try to bale hay about 4:00 so we baled up four fields before the rain came. Got home around 9 last night, still tired this morning.
But I did get time in there to whack a few p-dogs. Made the whole day go better.
Time to move em out, have a great day and be safe. Prayers for those with issues.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 61 going to 84 with a chance of spotty showers. We could use a little more rain, and I'm stuck here at work all day anyway. Didn't do much of anything last night. HHH sent me a lead on a boat so I did some research on that. Watched some TV after dinner. Miss Sue still has a headache this morning but feels better enough to go back to work. She gets Lillie again tonight. This is the last week we have her. She goes back to school next week.

Well I guess I should get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. 71 headed to 78 today. 20% chance of 🌧. Did a little running around yesterday. Checked on the sunflower field rode by the machine shop then came home.
I use to like the Kansas City style BBQ sauce but I've converted over to the Carolina style sauce. I've learned that it's a different sauce depending on what part of Carolina u are in . My favorite is a lemon pepper sauce. I got this recipe about 35 years ago when I had a couple of hog cookers . You know the 275 gallon oil drums . While moving the recipe was misplaced. About a month ago the wife said she found it. I'm still in doubt but time will tell if it is the one that I had people use to tell me it was the best BBQ they ever ate.I took a lot of pride as one pers
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper Tableware
Comfort Wood Grey Fawn Felidae
on loved BBQ and he had a trucking company business in VA , SC and TX so I knew he had ate his share of pulled pork . That recipe had the kitchen sink in it that I do remember. I've cooked whole hogs on pits with hickory, cherry and apple wood , gas cookers and charcoal. Many a night playing cards and nipping while the hog slowly cooked all night long. Generally I was running on borrowed time when it was time to serve. Anyway my extent of cooking now is a Weber grill or a electric smoker. And if someone else does it it's even better.
Not much planned for today I do have a few things that need to be wrapped up.
Update on the hound. He is back to his normal self. At the moment he is eating well and has been holding it down for the last 16 days . Not sure really what caused this. I switched his dog kibble back to a Purina . Today I have a bag of Purina One headed this way. I studied the ingredients and it's basically the same food as the Pro Plan but a little less in vitamin K and vitamin A . Basically the same food 20.00 cheaper a bag talk about marketing dog food is a prime example. I'll be pulling out the ole 20 gauge Benelli today I don't mind rough handling this shotgun it's my hunting shotgun. It's all camo plastic don't have to worry about scratching it up. And this shotgun has never let me down as long as I do my part .
Everyone have a good day be safe and comfortable enjoy your day.
HHH.
Comfort Wood Grey Fawn Felidae

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 74º and Sunny here headed for the upper 80's with chances of afternoon storms. It got up to 104º yesterday, tying a long standing record.

We picked up the oldest Granddaughter yesterday and She will stay with us a few days. I met a couple of buddies at our favorite brewery for lunch. Spent some of the afternoon unloading the truck from the weekend trip to Deer Camp.

Not much planned for today. When the Granddaughter gets up we'll see what She wants to do.

On a personal note, I turned 65 today!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need. Special mention for Otis the Cat!

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
68 at sunrise, looking for mild temps and some rain in the hollow today. Did most of the weekly route yesterday and will finish up today. Depending on the weather I need to spray some 24D on some spots along my drive, but it isn't urgent. Tomorrow is my oldest daughter's birthday, but I won't see her for a while as she and her husband are spending the next few weeks in Costa Rica. Seems they got a deal on a condo there and it's among her favorite places. A few election results will come in tonight, we'll see of the polls and pundits are right. Looks like a quiet week ahead in Middle TN. Happy Birthday LM!!!

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Lightman…..Happy Birthday.
Son got home yesterday evening. Visited with his wife and daughter outside in the yard. Then he got called out to a fire about 100 miles southeast of here. Must have been a bad one calling this far out for help.
Try to stuff a few more 6.5’s today. Son brought more bullets from our stash before he left. Gonna try some Hornady 144 gr ELD-X in it to see how they shoot.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Good morning everyone...sitting here on the back porch at the moment. I was going to gonto the shop early but inwas up with heartburn or acid reflux or something....laying down and sleeping wasn't going to happen. I figured since I didn't get any sleep in would stay home until my chiropractor appointment at 10:15 and put together the inversion table thingy I picked up. Hopefully between the back cracker and this contraption and finding some stretched I can get my back feeling better.
I got 2 firing pin springs ordered from Kelbly's yesterday and they should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I'm going to yank the scope off my panda and drop it off at my buddies so he can set it back just a bit and recrown it this week. I'm thinking I might try to get some shooting in and go to the UBR nationals just for the hell of it even though I haven't gone to many shoot this year.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 69 in Louisville, going to 82. Single-digit chance of rain and we have sunny skies. Should be a real nice day.

Happy, happy birthday, LM!

Two items on today's To Do list: (1) Follow-up check on my new hearing aids and (2) Sacking and packing for the military reunion we're attending near Chicago.

Please put me on your prayer list for family issues. Cindy's 29-year-old slacker son has been living in his elderly grandparents' basement. Bounces from job to job like a flippin' pinball and has little understanding of how that's a downward spiral. The grands have a couple of rental houses and we discovered 2-3 days ago that they brought bedbugs home from one of those rentals and their house is absolutely infested. Gonna cost them $2,000-$3,000 to get the home wrapped and heated to something like 120 degrees to kill bugs and eggs. While that's being done, the grands are at a hotel and Cindy's boy is back with us. I know some of you have similar challenges with "grown" children, so please put me on your prayer lists. These issues are exactly why it took me 10 years to ask Miss Cindy to tie the knot: Family.

On that bright note, here's hoping we all have a good day and that I get my brain shifted around to gratitude mode. Prayers up for our friends here and for our nation.

I leave you with this meme, which reminds me of Doug:
Font Rectangle Magenta Circle Brand

·
Registered
235 Posts
Morning all, 71 headed to 81 today, cloudy. Got up yesterday morning and back was wonky, got worse as the day wore on. Took the wife to pick up her car, after she got the school bus home. school starts tomorrow. I am going to clean the back porch of the shop off today, wife wants to put the big stainless butchering tables on there, along with a 17" blackstone flat top grill. This porch has been a notrious catch all for years, going to make it much more usable. Got to get going, you all have a good one, Happy Birthday LightMan, prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Almost noontime greetings from Hayfield, Kentucky. I got about 18 acres down in about 3 1/2 hours this morning.
I hope to get it balled up someday. Rain may happen.

Otis the Cat went to a new Vet yesterday...the usual one passed away. Female Cat/Dog vet it seems. They gave him 2 shots for Respiratory, Urinary, and Stomach infections and treated him for parasites. Maybe Frontline for fleas, but I didnt see any when he had his bath.
Cat Comfort Carnivore Felidae Small to medium-sized cats

He lost half his weight but seems to be feeling better. He is confined to our Garage for a while.
Judy Brown returned and is off again taking her Brother and SIL to doctor. THAT is a bad situation and sliding downhill.
KF and I have talked about his "Boy" before and the sad part about marriage is you get the whole Dambunch and there are always "Those." Good luck buddy, you are gonna need it.
Pete, I hope you enjoy your BD and have a beer for me as I can't make the party.
HHH that Dawg looks comfortable.
Off and back on the way again....have a good day folks.

·
Administrator
1,958 Posts
Well it is 66* and raining supposed to rain most all day. It was falling so hard and fast a while ago that the patio on the back of the house was flowing at least an inch deep and the patio slopes an inch in 20 feet no restriction at the edge. Now it is just falling a nice steady rain, the kind we like to see here we were really starting to need the moisture.

Not much going to happen around here today, besides the rain I got up this morning with a sore back, and have not done anything really that should upset it. With all the torture that I have given my back over the years it is a wonder that I can even walk. Rods pins and screws don't take a lot to get it sore.

Happy Birthday Lightman, Hope you see many more in the future. Prayers for this country, Ukraine, all the people on here that need them, all yw'all God bless.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Good late morning gang. Had to run to town for errand running just got back and now put the 2 gal. tomatoes juice in the pint jars. Got to find some niw help for the hard work, current boy is now working at Honda feel so sorry for him:) Happy Birthday LM and many more. Prayers to all and country. Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts