Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
72° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 78°. It is very humid right now and we have a 50% chance for showers and thunderstorms today. There will be a mild wind of about 8mph.

I had a nice day fishing yesterday; I fished a different section than I normally do. It was hot and humid, but I managed to catch some bass and then before I went home I stopped over to the farm and picked up sweet corn. we had it for supper and it was delicious as usual. Today the slow time is over, and I have to go to PA this morning to the nursing home to fix some computer problems.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 72 going to the 80's with a good chance of rain. It was so hot and humid yesterday that this old fat boy didn't even stick my head out the door except to get the mail. Stayed in and cleaned floors and guns. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's a cool 53, high about 78. Yesterday I missed shooting with the old curmudgeon group. Instead I went to the dentist who confirmed that I have a broken tooth. He's going to yank it out tomorrow morning. Uff da. My wife was busy in the evening so I slipped out to the range with a cantankerous old Savage 22.
Today is voting in the primary. Window cleaners are supposed to stop by.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday,
Ken

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good morning boys. Cooling down a bit in Indy. Should stay in the 70s all day. T’storms rolled thru here last night and woke me and the dogs up a coupla times. I’ll be napping hard after my visit to the doctor this morning. 2nd shingles shot and conversation about the diabetes I guess. He’s a Glock shooter so I’ll mention the pistol league.

Time to get going. Have a good day.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
morning all. 49 with 80 later and only a 40% chance of something. Had a little shower yesterday afternoon, but rained hard a mile down the road.
Worked on sprinklers yesterday, mostly just starting them. But have one that has low power on one leg. Power company came by and said it's our
problem, bad under ground line. Sprinkler guy will come today and find the fault so we can dig it up and fix it.
Wasn't feeling to great yesterday, same this morning. Must have ate something that didn't agree.
Have a good day and be safe. Prayers for those with health issues and other things.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 76 and sunny, going to 94 today. Last of the heat wave they say. May get some rain later today. I hope so. I mowed with the tractor last night after dinner when it cooled off a little. Didn't get the back yard push mowed. I'll do that tonight while Sue runs down for Lillie. I should spray yard weeds again, but the crabgrass is already taken over so might as well not pour any more money on the ground this year. I need to get mole stuff spread out too so it gets rained in. Dam mole tunnels are everywhere. I need to get the roller out after a good soaking and flatten it back down. Still no pics on the new cellular trail cam??? I might have to take a walk out there some afternoon and see if it's working. Says it's "active" but I can't figure out a way to try a test image. You can send one by pushing a button on the cam, but nowhere on the app can I find that.

Well, I guess I should get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Great morning folks,

We have a heavy dew in the grass and a 58° beginning to the day here near HalfwayUSA. Sunny with a high of 78° so it will be one of the nicest days of the summer.

I was out and at it early yesterday, hoping to get a truck load of firewood before the heat kicked in. Well, by 9:30 it was 80° with enough humidity that getting soaking wet was well underway. I misunderstood Mike when he said the wood was stacked in the usual place beside his long driveway. I thought it was all cut...nope & I did not bring a saw. About 1/2 was cut so while I loaded Mike ran his saw. By the time he was done, I had the whole pile in the truck. Home by 11am & stripped out of filthy wet clothes.

After a quick bite to eat & some fresh clothes, I started splitting & stacking. Debra Dearest joined in just after I got the biggest nastiest chunks of Maple broken down. She ran the splitter expertly while I stacked what she tossed aside and I mostly kept up keeping her supplied by unloading the truck. About 1pm, with the truck 3/4 empty we stopped for some lunch.

In the afternoon a breeze came up & it was cooler finishing the firewood party. Looks like about 3 more truck loads will fill the woodshed. Thing is, I have 4 people who want us to come around and take dead/downed trees. The smart thing to do is keep hauling it home and stock pile enough to get us well into our old age.

Barn tasks today. I have a couple hammers that need handles & another axe head that will need a hand carved handle after reshaping the metal. I'm going to try an old Norwegian design with a point over the eye.

If the wind doesn't kick up, I'll get the camper loaded onto the truck for a get away trip later this week.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 76 in Louisville, going to 88. Partly cloudy this morning, then 83 percent chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

I have a dental checkup and cleaning this morning. I haven't had any crowns pop off the past 6 months or so and I'm hoping no problems are discovered today. Woke up a couple hours early, so I'm hoping I can slip in a nap this afternoon.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for the nation.
Outerwear White Black Air gun Sleeve

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Scott, that maple and ash don't seem to age well for me. I have 3-4 sheds and rotate sheds each year, so my wood is 3-4 years old. You can dang near light with a match it's so dry, and it burns up way too quickly. I just don't see the point of stockpiling wood for 4 or more years. On a brighter note, while on my quad this weekend at the farm, I noted the location of several dead/down oaks. I won't be screwing so much with ash next winter...I hope.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
70ish in the hollow this morning and isn't forecast to reach 90. In fact, there are no 90s in the forecast for the next two weeks. We'll see how that plays out. I think I have finally recovered from the weekend. Saturday we held the TN State UBR Championship at Dry Branch. We had 37 rifles on the line which meant that it took both relays to get the scoring done along with the other duties. By the time I got home around 6:30 I was whipped. Sunday was busy, but I don't even remember with what other than mowing some grass before the rains came and taking my tall step ladder across town to help my son with a small project. Yesterday was the weekly route and shipping. Plenty to do today although none is really urgent. Maybe I'll retire one day, but I doubt it.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 76º and Sunny here headed for the mid 80's with chances of T'storms during the day.

Yesterday I tinkered in the loading room some and met my running buddy for lunch at our favorite brewery.

Not much planned for today. The Wife has a Doctor's appointment around 11:00 that I'll take Her to. We'll probably eat lunch while we're out.

We haven't done much at the Doctor's place this year. I think they're having internal problems in the club. Doing what we were doing was a little work but I enjoyed being over there and it was something to do. I usually saw a lot of critters when I was on the tractor. Oh well ...................!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Morning all, 80 headed to 87 or higher, hit 90 again yesterday. I worked outside spraying 2-4-D yesterday, got the whole place sprayed in 4 hours, 45 gallons. By the time I got the last sprayed, the first had done wilted a lot, glad to see it. Got 2 more bullet molds in yesterday, one for me, one for a buddy. Going to stay in the AC today, got to hot yesterday, and I am feeling it today. Might even shoot some rifles long range today. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wifey has dentist appt this morning early so I will see what kind of trouble I can get into here by myself.
Not for sure if painter / handy man is coming back today. I may set up bags and rest on back porch and shoot 22’s for a while. Need to try out the steel 22 targets that son set up for me.
Jaw Organism Gesture Font Happy

You old farts stay out of trouble.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Administrator
1,958 Posts
73* on the way to 84 and possible rain showers today, got an inch and one half last night in a downpour. Kind of wish I could share with the ones that are in need of moisture, but it seems that everything that we get comes all at once in a flood. We have gotten over 6 inches in the last week and a half, and most of it has just ran off.
Not much going to happen around here today, back and legs are hurting me, been having to wear my brace for my back. It makes it tough but I may get down to the loading dungeon for a while. Just can't have too much ammo on hand.
Prayers and good thoughts for all those in need, many prayers for this country. I am afraid that we are going to be under marshal law before the election, the damnocRATS are pulling out all the stops.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bruce, that tax would be for all of Bugs' "Maroons". Always loved it when he said "Whatta maroon." Then there was Foghorn Leghorn.....those were real cartoons imo.
Dinah just came in from mowing, her fave chore. W all the rains, real and spoilers preventing mowing, it was tall when she took the tops off Sat. Today was for real. She got into the steel edging Sat. Also tor off the rest of the plastic deflector. Sometime when she is feeling her oats, she can grab a glass hammer and make an anvil cringe. :/
Haircut, mailing the scale to Vanceburg and picking up a few more corks for bbl plugs is my big chore for the day. Then to the shop to do another brush out on Roy. Will prob scope it this time to see if any metal is showing yet.
Checked tires on both rides and pressure was spot on. That is a personal aggravation having a slooooow leak, dropping to low 30s. W only 12k miles on mine, l don't think those factory Bridgestones will make 40k. 2 more years on the lease and will look at the technology.
I did read an opinion that tire life will take a hit on elex or hybrids bc the elex motor is instantaneous torque resulting in a bit more wear. This article failed to mention the regenerative braking causing wear w the increased tire drag.
I watched the Blaine Eddy vid that DAA posted on Saubier. I almost bought one of his plates early 2000. Decided I'd make my own. Sold mill before the round toit showed up. He had a sad ending per one of the posters. Blaine loved the 22-284, 14tw for his 400+ yard shots. An interesting watch. I was impressed w his down to earth, non affected vid presentation.
Doug, we watched the light show out our nawth winders last night. So you were the recipients. We have had enough rain for a while. I was told soy beans "don't like wet feet." Corn....sure. Corn is 7' tall here.
Oops, forgot to send - Tom out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts