Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
59° here in Upstate NY this morning, we are having a heavy thunderstorm at the moment with some heavy rain. The high temperature for today will be getting up to about 79° with a mild wind and it will be partly sunny with a chance of showers this afternoon.

Yesterday was a nice quiet day for me. I was at home all day and it felt good, I was able to do some work that needed to be done here. This morning I have to be on the road for however long but I am hoping for half a day at home.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 64, cloudy but no rain. Getting warmer as I head south. Everything is ready for the trip, cats are at my daughters. They don't like change and car rides so they are all traumatized.
Shooting went well yesterday, I took dad's old Stevens 87b. I mastered the awful trigger, got the JC HIGGINS scope zeroed and took the center out of the 50 ft position target. I have read that they are accurate, and this one is.
Leaving around 8.30 for Kansas City this morning, then on to Colorado Springs for the Colorado Gun Collectors Show. It is going to be an exciting week,
Hope you have a great day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,437 Posts
Mornin George and the gang...
Phone says its 60 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
I'm sure it's foggy, would be a good morning to be in the woods.
Well...they have changed our boss again...just when you get used to
how things run...change it...nuff said...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Good morning from Indy. It’s 67 heading for 87 which should be about my golf score. Don’t have time for the pancake joint. Breakfast through the truck window today.

They say there are several thousand Afghanis housed at Camp Atterbury now. Bunch of them with health issues are being taken to the Johnson Co Hospital. Gotta check with the niece who is a part time server at a restaurant just off the base and see if they’re coming in there. Playing golf a few miles east of Atterbury this morning. Maybe some of the refugees brought golf clubs with ‘em. Maybe the Army will bus ‘em a few miles down 31 to the Edinburgh Outlet Mall. No telling! 😂

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
morning all. 44 here with low 80s today and a chance of some moisture.
Sure has been dry, we did get a little dew yesterday and we got five little fields baled up. Short hay and small fields make low bale count.
Full sprinkler circle to try to get baled this morning...130 acres.
Moved another sprinkler so the hay can get cut in the next day or so.
Also replaced the teeth on four of the rake wheels and changed a flat tire on my baler.
Was a long day yesterday, hope today goes a little better.
Prayers for those with health issues, those on the road and others. Also our country and troops.
Have a good and safe day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
75 Posts
66 and muggy at the moment. 80 is the forecast high. Should be a decent day if we keep the breeze even if it is out of the south.
May try and mow this evening after work. Other than that no big plans.
Got an email from UPS this am my package will be here tomorrow? I was fed up with mixed up 223 brass, so went to star line and hit the button. I tried the same way on some Grendel brass and finally gave up. Should make life easier after this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio same temps as Doug. Late for me but extra sleep is good. Same things will be done today as yesterday, domestic work to get two rooms ready for flooring. Be safe Prayers to those and special Prayer for this country. Mike

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Good froggy (again) morning from the sticks of Kentucky with a chance of rain later on.
I'm up way to early these past few weeks due to pain in my shoulder and neck. Trying to stay Quiet....need to take lesson from Skruske on that.
Pancake Doug needs to take a few of those Afghan wimmens with him for Golf Caddies. He would be trying to put the Putter in the Hole rather than the ball.
Someone sent me a photo of an Afghan Call Girl, but I suppose I can't post it. Suffice to say some CutOuts in her total coverage Burka.

I went on a Hunting trip yesterday on my front porch.

Brown Table Wood Wood stain Flooring

That is Not All of the Stangin SOBs, but 42 landed where I could count them.
I got a Salt gun somewhere that might work.
Yesterday's trip to the neck stretcher helped a bit but I didnt get my Hay Balls moved. Greenie would not start...Sledgehammer Rick has been notified. I did get a fence up around some hay and Damcows in the new field. I also blew the hay dust out if the tractor radiator and hay bailer. Took an hour and Half. Pressure washer today if I feel like it and I do not. ...need to store it today and put the other hay fork on and haul Hay Balls.

Daylight now so I can venture out.
Carry on..

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 72º and cloudy here headed for the upper 80's with slight chances of rain.

Yesterday we started watering again at the Docs place, ate lunch at one of the breweries in Little Rock, went back to the Docs place to check the water and switched it to another pond.

Probably more of the same today. We saw several her in a field near the Docs place yesterday evening and a Doe and two Fawns at the Docs place.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It’s a foggy 65 degrees here this morning in Thumb country. If they are right we will have an exciting day at 85 degrees and thunder storms again. If this keeps up we may just go west again. I haven’t looked but Texas should be doing some wading today.
I have to PM JR this orning.

·
Administrator
12,658 Posts
Morning folks. It's 65 here, headed up near 90 today and tomorrow maybe. Sure not planning on sitting in a treestand in this kinda weather. I'll wait until it cools down a bit. Beautiful sunrise this morning. Smoke from the western fires is making the sun and moon red here this week.

Plant Sky Cloud Atmosphere Ecoregion

Little 4 pt in the yard is actually a 5 pt, and as he snuck thru the yard last night I saw he lost his velvet. I got the yard mowed last night before Sue got home. Dam moles got the back yard all pushed up again. I just rolled it after the hurricane came thru. Little bastards. We had BLT's for dinner. Could have used some sweet corn to go with it but we didn't have any. I wish we could get fresh 'maters all year. These pineapple tomatoes I grew this year cut about 3/4" thick make the best sammiches.

Got the boat listed on craigslist and a boat forum after dinner. Priced a little high, but I can come down. See what happens.

Well I need to get moving. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 72 in Louisville, going to 89. Decent chance of rain coming in tonight.

Nothing much to report about yesterday, pretty quiet. I'd be fine if today's the same. Tonight is my monthly fried wing night with my old quartet buddies, so that should be fun.

Remember the other day when I was praising the lady from our local Social Security office who did my benefits interview? Well, I still like her, but the Postal Service has done it to me again. Whether folks know it or not, most of the small pieces of mail we get -- letter-size envelopes, cards, small advertising pieces -- all are scanned by computer at the post office. At some point in the past I signed up for a deal where I get an e-mail every morning showing pictures of the envelopes coming my way. So, on Saturday morning, that e-mail showed an envelope from the SS office and 3-4 other small pieces. Never got any of 'em. Apparently got no mail at all on Saturday. I was watching specifically for that Social Security envelope, because I figure that's my hard copy confirmation that I'm signed up. Never came on Saturday, so I figured, "Well, it'll come on Monday." Nope, didn't come yesterday, nor did any of the other small pieces from Saturday show up, although I got other mail. I don't know if Saturday's delivery guy just threw it all in a ditch or what. And if I weren't signed up for that email thing, I wouldn't even know that mail is lost out there somewhere. Rant off. For now.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe out there, and lift up prayers for our friends, including the Cheek family.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
65 at sunrise and maybe mid 80s by afternoon in the hollow. Some of you guys make me tired just reading what you've done and will be doing. Yesterday was my "work" day and it was a somewhat short one as well. But after that I have packaging and mailing to do, a delivery that I had overlooked last week, two orientations at the range a a club meeting last night. All went pretty well, I did get blindsided at the meeting about grass cutting. Seems some of the board members don't care for the work that's being done, but never brought it up until now, the end of the season. Seems one or two want someone different to mow, but don't care to get involved in finding same. Seems also that being president, it's my job. I don't quite see it that way as the bylaws say my job is to preside over meetings. Oh well, we'll work it out.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Salt gun pic reminded me of a good one. Lady who manages the coop north of us several miles told me last year I needed one (they sell them). She said it was the most fun you could have with your pants pulled up…May have to go see if she was right…LOL. When you get to JR and my age, you probably should just take her word for it.

Probably head over to Mike Bryant’s today. Got my other barrel I ordered Friday from bug holes. They seem like a good company to deal with. Last one was a Bartlein carbon fiber 6mm….this one is a Bartlein 6.5mm / 8 twist. Just one tick smaller than Rem Varmint contour, and I had it spiral fluted. Told them finished length would be 22” and threaded. Within 15 minutes of hitting the send button, they called me to talk about my order and make sure they got it right. They did and when I got it, it was right. Even wanted to know if I wanted it left or right spiral…LOL.

This will go on my 2nd Defiance action I swapped for month or so back. Hope Mike has had time to start on my other one. Probably will have to make a decision this evening on stocks (or at least one stock). This one will be 6.5 creed. May not shoot, but sure will be purdy….

Wood Flooring Floor Wood stain Hardwood

Headed to OKC tomorrow afternoon. Immunotherapy treatment early Thursday AM. This will be #3 of who knows how many. They didn’t tell if I would have 3-4 or 40. All I know is every other Thursday. Takes about 1 1/2 hour. Bad part, takes 3 hours to get there and 3 hours to get back home.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good Morning from the 🌞 E side of the Chesapeake. Beautiful morning nice 78 ° high of 87 today .
Not much planned worked on the yard some last night after dinner . Filling in some low spots moving a little dirt around they are coming Friday to reseed .
Hound woke us up at 3:30 last night needing to go outside for good reason.
Charlie that's been some of my best times when I see it being pulled out the driveway. Only had 1 that I had mixed feeling about owned it for 15 years sold it for 2,500 less than I purchased it and the only reason I sold it was we didn't use it . I would start it up in the spring took it out then parked it .Then I started it up in October to burn the fuel to refill with new fuel . After a year or 2 I told the Mrs something was wrong with that picture. Then we sold it . It was a fun boat Donzi Sweet 16 .
Everyone have a great day and be safe out there.
JW

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Morning all, 78 heading to 90 or so, hit 88 yesterday, ready for the rain and cool down tomorrow. Had a foot docs appointment yesterday, everything went well and was ok. I went to Somerset and picked up a Marlin Mountie that I had won on a auction. These things are pretty rare, and this one has been shot very little, no blue wear on the inside of the receiver where the bolt rubs. The blue is great, no rust, just needed polishing a little with some #0000 steel wool. The wood had been oil finished, and the wood was dry, 2 thin coats of tru oil solved that. Man does it shoot. I am into it cheap enough i could make a couple hundred but this one may stay here with me. Need to pick up a lawnmower that I am having worked on today, may mow this afternoon. Also need to load up some more 45/70 500 grain slugs, the Quigley rifle loves them it seems. Need to get moving, you all have a good one, prayers for Bruce and any others that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
72* here at 10"45am. Been filling sidewalk cracks with high$$ self levelling goo. Bad day for LIBBY the dog, she has to stay inside today.
Bruce say HI TO MIKE BRYANT for me, he won't remember me or the gun but ? 10-11 years ago I bought a great custom 40-x from him with a .30BR 1-18 barrel. NICE.

·
Registered
160 Posts
KOGER, yikes I LOVE the little MOUNTIEs I've been blessed to have 2 of them in my life.
NONE NOW, so I might have to drive to wherever you re & buy yours. !?!?!
Bought my first when I was 10 in summer/1963.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
I could never find the right deal on a Mountie, so I wound up with a couple of straight stocked Winchester M9422's. One is pretty early, with no checkering, and the other (XTR) has checkering and is in better condition. They have been lots of fun, decent triggers, very accurate, very light and almost fast as a semiauto.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Is this the Steve Long I traded with several times on Trad talk archery forum? Good to see you back on the board. Pm me a ph# or email and I will send you some mountie pics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts