Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
57° here in Upstate NY under mostly cloudy skies, the high temperature today will be up to about 70°. It will be a mostly cloudy day with a wind of 5 to 10 mph and some gusts of up to 20mph.

Yesterday I had a nice day, I went up to the gun club and shot in the morning and in the afternoon, I took a nice nap. I very seldom ever do that, and it felt good. Today I will be on the road for a good part of the day.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
64° under cloudy skies here. I took a nap yesterday also George. Not sure what the deal was but I was tired all day. Happy belated Anniversary to Greyfox. 40 years is quite a milestone.
Not much going on today. It should be a quiet but productive day at work, followed by a gun club meeting tonight. I’ve been lurking over on the Trapshooters Forum website this week. Reading through some of the posts sure makes me appreciate the good bunch of guys we have here.
Prayers offered for those in need. Make it a good day

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Mornin boys...
60 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
May be a interesting day at work, lot of stuff going on...I'll leave it at that. Weather is supposed to cool down this weekend. Youth day for deer hunting is Saturday. Don't know if the little monster will go or not. She kinda does.stuff at her pace...typically woman thing I guess...lol You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 69, clear and 89 later. Nothing planned for the day, but with weather like this I may need to get the car out. I can't remember the last time I drove it.
Yesterday was good. I picked up my auction win, a Springfield model 83. From what little mention of it I find on the internet, this is a more uncommon rifle. It is a simple 22 single shot with a short production run. Overall it's in very good condition for an 85 year old rifle, better than most when I get them..
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday,
Ken

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake.67 headed to mid 80's and Sunny.
Yesterday was a productive day trailer inspected and finally took the boat out.I believe I can tell where the spray is coming from . Everyone enjoy your day stay safe and comfortable. I've got a busy plate first thing this morning.
Water Sky Cloud Tree Natural landscape
Boat Water Sky Cloud Watercraft
Water Tree Lake Building Shade

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
morning all. 39 with 80 for a high today, got there yesterday too. With a good chance of a shower for the rest of the week.
Spent the day with my butt in the tractor seat, amazing how tired you can get just setting there baling hay! But we got three more fields
done, not so many bales just alot of time getting them made.
Probably the same for today also.
Sent a e-mail to Henry firearms on Sat. evening asking about a few small parts for a 22 that I'm working on, got a response back yesterday
morning that they were in the mail with no charge... man I like doing business with people like that!!!!
Better get around, have a good and safe day. Prayers for those with issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Good morning gents. It's 62 with patchy fog on the ride in this morning. Days are getting short and I'm having trouble getting up in the dark. Only going to get worse. Last night when I got home the mailman dropped off my paint from Amazon. I changed clothes and pulled the trailer out to paint that box blind. I found my Wagner power painter and tried water first and it worked, so I filled her up with paint and went to town. Well, I got 3 sides done and stopped to readjust the power cord and it stopped spraying. Figured it was just out of paint. Almost but no, should be working. So I dumped everything out, disassembled and washed everything and tried again. Nope. Did that 3 more times, finally got it spraying water. Put paint in, nope. So I ended up painting the last side and inside by hand. I did 3 sides in like 5 minutes with the sprayer. Took an hour to do the other side and inside. I just did the 2x4's inside, so they don't glare when you look thru. Came out pretty good. Need to install windows again and put a "FOR SALE" sign on it and list on FB Marketplace.

Wheel Plant Tire Window Mobile home

Back to work this morning. It never ends. My list of projects is still almost a page long. Oh well...job security. Better run. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 67º and clear here, although its still dark. This week is forecast to be a record setting week for heat with temps reaching 99-100º.

I spent most of the day yesterday tumbling and drying brass. I did 6 loads at 2 hours each. Mostly 38, 357 and 44, with a few 45 thrown in. I'll do some sorting today.

The Wife has a test this morning so we'll be leaving out in a few minutes. Something to do with Her lungs and breathing problems. I'll grab a biscuit someplace and go sit in the far corner of the parking lot.

Dean, its odd how one gets tired sitting in a tractor. I've helped a buddy some at planting time and again at harvest time. 12 to 16 hours at a time some days pulling a disc or land plane.

Prayers for those in need and for our Country.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Great morning folks,

53° as the sun rises over the trees here near HalfwayUSA. Another really nice day awaits as the clear sky will take us to 78° later. We have enjoyed a week of truly fine weather.

A lot more large wood was made smaller over the course of 6 hours yesterday. The stuff that is way to large to cut through was cross cut with the chainsaw then blocked. I generally don't handle trees of this circumference but this stuff was delivered and it was free. In the future I will stick to stuff under 32" through. The pile of split wood grew a lot yesterday and it will grow more today.

Deb & I cleared the stuff out of her 2019 F150 & moved the important things into her Bronco. The F150 is going up for sale.

Good news, her tall Bronco does fit through the garage door.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 70 in Louisville, going to 89 and sunny.

Yesterday I had lunch with a couple of ladies I worked with for many years at Humana insurance. Found out there has been a pretty significant layoff that's been kept out of the news. I have no idea what that's about because the company's stock price is higher than ever and they have to be saving a ton of money with people still working from home. Just a few years ago we either owned or leased 5-6 entire buildings downtown. Now, we're down to the two largest buildings, so the company has to be saving an absolute fortune in office space they are no longer renting. There's no union, so seniority doesn't really matter when it comes to layoffs. I heard several names yesterday of folks who've worked there 15-20 years or more and now they're out. I really hurt for those folks and hope they land on their feet quickly.

Don't know what I'll get into today, but I have to visit my doc's office for a routine blood draw about an hour from now. I have 6PPC brass that needs tumbling and a 25# bag of flour that needs to be portioned up and vacuum packed in Mylar bags. Yep, I'm taking the food shortage predictions seriously.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up our friends and our nation in prayer.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Put a bay leaf in with that flour and you can keep the bugs out of It. We watch the Royal send off much of yesterday and then just enjoyed the day and the autumn weather. I have to hit the bank for a loan and then do some grocery shopping. At 61 now and going to 80 is what I call about perfect weather

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Got some more reloading done yesterday and then sat in the door of the reloading room with about 500 9mm brass that I has scrounged off the ground couple of years ago north of my house where some friends had been shooting. One of them called and said they didn’t pick up their brass…. Of course it had rained. Anyway it was pretty dirty and some had a little mud in them. I took a screw driver and cleaned inside the case and now to tumble them.
I probably wasting my time with all that, but what else would I have been doing 🤷
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good morning gents. It is still morning, I guess. We've got 74 in Indy already and should reach the uppah 80s. No golf today. I've played just about all the games a guy can play involving a stick and/or ball but golf is, by far, the most mental. Strength and athletic ability can help but won't carry you. If I want good distance and direction, I have to completely surrender the concept of control. "If I was smart enough to play the game, I'd be smart enough to not play the game" (Doug Roberts, 2022)

Shot the Glock 21 (.45 ACP) in the league last night. As predicted, the size of the holes got me a couple of points that a 9mm would've missed. Unfortunately, it was usually the difference between 7 & 8 rather than between 9 & 10. In my defense, I was trying a new grip that I hadn't practiced. There's that not smart enough thing kicking in again. We're going to the range in a while mostly because Julie didn't shoot her best either and it matters to her. After the league was over, she did ring some steel at 100 yards with her Walther and my Glock. You could get Jimmy John's delivered while those light loads are traveling 100 yards. It was like BANG, "I think I missed it", CLANG! Well, with the puny 9mm it was more "tink" than "CLANG", but you get the point. Thinking about a red-dot sight for the Sig P320. Half the league is using them. I don't know if I want to do that or not. I'd feel like I was cheating if the results were really that important to me.

KF, I think those WalMart holsters could work better OWB if you could run your belt in one end, through a belt loop, then out the other end. Can't do that the way they're made. I'm thinking about taking one apart and opening the ends.

Gonna' go toss some brass in the tumbler. Have a good day.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Morning done gone here.....nice and warm out today as well. Just got back from picking up material I had ordered and had to make a few other stops. Got back to the shop and discovered the 3 sheets of expanded metal I ordered were wrong....my [email protected]#k up. Ordered 3 more of the right stuff. Between fuel and my time I just pissed away about $500.
I tumbled some 6 Dasher brass last night and tried to figured out what I want to deer hunt with when rifle season comes in....still undecided. Probably be the 260ai again since I found a supply of 143eldx bullets. Last one just flopped over dead.

Hope everyone has a good day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts