Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50° here in Upstate NY this morning, cool but clear. The high today is only to get into the low 60's with a chance of showers. Starting tomorrow things are going to clear up and warm up.

Yesterday was a mixed bag of work I did some computer work and the Pres. of the club and I spent about four hours putting stone, sand and mesh in the new pavilions. They are now ready to get the cement floors in them and the that will happen this Friday morning.

Today I am afraid I am going to be on the road all day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid 50s here high on RUGER Mt this morning...
Sure feels good
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
Good morning amigos. It’s 60 heading for 85 in Indy. Nearly caught up with the post war rifle cleaning. I am reminded that all barrels are not created equal in terms of copper fouling. One .17 FB is a serious collector. One cleans up easily.

Off to haunt the breakfast joint. Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Great morning Greenboard,

Cool at 52° with a breeze and a clear sky here near Halfway USA. High today may barely get to 70° and the breeze will be picking up.

Much accomplished yesterday. The shooting bench is nearly done. I screwed top to the projector stand last night about 8pm. That was after cutting to it's final shape then radius'ing all the edges and coating the bottom with polyurethane. One coat of poly went on the top last thing & the second will go on today.

The lawn is mowed & things look pretty good around here.

I got the oil changed in the old Ranchero. I hope to take it out to a cruise on Thursday evening.

Today's task list includes installing the shocks on the Redneck Limo since we'll be enjoying a cool day. I'm sure there will be plenty of other things that will distract as well.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
morning all. 43 and on the way to 83 today.
Had to re-start most of the sprinklers and wells yesterday morning, had a power bump during the night. Hope they are all running this morning, sure takes up most of the morning when they are off.
Worked on the seeder yesterday, it's worn out but boss man expects me to keep it working :eek:. I don't think it will stay together this time but guess he'll give it a try today.
Breakfast is waiting so best get to it. Have a great day, remember the prayer requests.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,786 Posts
good morning folks. It's a chilly 54º but I'm not complaining. Feels good, with low humidity. Boy, I'm hoping June is drier than March and April. After dinner last night I went out to work in the garden. I set out some cabbage plants that I started in March. I wanted to set out some tomatoes but nearly sunk into the ground it's that saturated. I have a raised bed for the cabbage and another is full of turnips. They are going nuts in this weather and I spent about an hour thinning/weeding them out. I planted 4 rows of beans a month ago and literally only had about a dozen sprouts come up. Too wet I guess? Hopefully this week stays dry and I can replant the beans and set out the tomatoes.

Lost another second cousin unexpectedly this week. That's two from that family in the last 2 months. And a third isn't doing so well either. They're a bit older than me, but not by much. Live your life like each day may be the last fellas. Ya never know.:(

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's a really nice 57 degrees in Louisville, headed all the way up to 85. I'm afraid our cool-down is turning out to be pretty short-lived.

Big gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend. I'll probably grit my teeth, drive over there, pay the $8 parking fee, then pay to get into the show, which is another $10-$12. But where else can you go and actually lay hands on this variety of guns, both modern and historic? I keep looking for that "gun show loophole" we hear about, thinking it might help me get in free. Haven't found it yet.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Good COOL morning from the sticks of Kentucky on the Damcow farm.
Very cool this morning and the sun hasn't shown his face yet. It was full sunny yday but wind was out of the Nawth and never produced much heat to dry the acres of hay that are cut down. Sky didn't even look right....looked like the sky in Michigan....that dark blue color right out of a Hitchcock movie.

Judy Brown helped me rake some hay and it took her to McDonald's for an ice cream whlest we were waiting for more hay to dry. Visit to farm Machinerystore cost me $480 for maintenance parts and bailer string. I'm really making money here. Came back home and worked 3 more hours hauling out hay rolls. I could work longer but my SORE back won't allow only so much bumping and thumping.
Today more hay fluffing to try to get the water out of it, maybe Judy Brown will move a few more rolls? I need to cut down another field and on to raking and bailing this afternoon.
DamBossMan. Is bout wore out but gotta go anyway.

I went to my buddy's graveside service a few. Days ago and it is haunting me. Please keep the Soldiers in your thoughts and prayers if you appreciate them. Captain Jesse is in Germany for 3 weeks NATO maneuvers in the old SS training Area.
Over and Out.....to the hayfields

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
8$ parking fee.
Mike, if it's worth it to you, if you hit the gate off Crittenden which is behind some type of "Cardinal" eating place at a light before 0800, they are usually not manned. That's the way I go in if I don't have a dealer pass.

I've been working on a 6 BR bbl that I bought several years back. I put abt 95 rds through it prepping and shooting an F Open match last Sat at club 500 range. Same bbl that gave me a zero moa group at 250 earlier.
No copper but have put a solid day and half on the carbon. I'm thinking the previous owner was a patch and nylon brush afficionado. No exaggeration. I've gone through three bronze brushes and I've barely gotten to the gray stage. I've soaked, brushed, tight patched, soaked o'night w Bore Tech Bore Solvent.
Keith Candler chuckled and said I'm getting my Masters in bbl cleaning.
We'll, she's soaked a bit so back at it. Progress in that the last 2/3 is slicker than a starving hound's tooth. I can't believe it shot as well as it did.
I put up a great score.....pts. However I was so far off the pace X wise, they are the same as points once you enter the Master class. Down 15 X's? Best get to the Wind Primer for light, casual reading. We had a good boil Sat. It was hoomid!!!
The last couple of mornings gave been deliciously cool. 60° today but heading "up there". Keith has had a big bunch of rain and wind, even after Alberto.
Back to stroking - Tom out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts