Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68° here in Upstate NY this morning, it is still very muggy out. Yesterday the humidity was terrible. We had a little rain overnight and today will be a better day 75° is the high temperature they are calling for .

I will be on the road all day today and for Wed. and Thur. also. It keeps me from getting bored and luckily I am fairly caught up around home.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Great morning everyone,

With the passing of a cold front yesterday we see 65° and a clear sky here near Halfway USA. Sure was a nice break in the heat at 9pm. Just ahead of that front, we received a light rain & got to see a full arc of a rainbow to the southeast. Though is was fleeting, colors were brilliant for about 3 minutes.

Light is just beginning at this latitude & I'm looking forward to a long day of being productive. Deb's Ford Edge is ready for pick up today. She wants to drive the old Fairlane to the dealership & ask if she can still work a trade in just to mess with the salesman. Her line is "I've only used it to drive to church bingo on Sunday"

A second coat of Thompson's got slopped on the Hoe House porch. I also coated the porch swing. We will probably start staining & sealing the siding this morning.

Might finish the day out by building an AR15 or two.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Good Morning

77 here in NC Ohio with light rain, with the wind and 93 yesterday it will take a lot of rain to make-up for that. The dumpster is full and waiting for the truck too pick it up, if it can. I do have a space big enough for the trailer but still have a lot of wood and other stuff to deal with at a later time. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
morning all. 44 this morning, on the way to 82. Humidity setting about 45% and will drop fast once the sun comes up. Larry Scott kind of weather, almost?:rolleyes:
Worked on sprinklers all day, seems that's all I do any more.
New Holland man brought out a used baler and got it hooked up to the boss mans' tractor. His old baler will go away soon, gave nothing but problems last year.
Breakfast waits.
Have a great day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 76 heading for 90 in Indy with a chance of rain this afternoon. I’m calling it global cooling. Visited my buddy, Mike, in ICU yesterday morning. Bad timing got me there just as they were starting his first session of physical therapy. Hard to watch a friend you knew as a big strong guy who can barely muster the strength to lift his hand. He’s been fighting sepsis from a ruptured gall bladder and had been sedated and on a vent for almost a week. Being off the vent is progress but recovery is gonna’ be a long road.

I’m gonna’ take a dose of french toast and bacon in an effort to keep my strength and a semblance of sanity.

Have a good day.

·
Administrator
11,785 Posts
good morning folks. It's 75º and STEAMY after a shower rolled thru about 5AM. Upper 80's today, but yesterday was miserable with mid-90's, both temp and humidity. I was going to mow the widow neighbor's after work, but decided against it. I grabbed a cold one (or two) and worked on waxing the boat console in the shade instead. I'm about 2/3 done. Did the hard part first. I took the trim and stuff off, so it took a bit longer, but it looks 100% better. I'm waiting on some heavy duty rubbing compound to come so I can finish up the console and the rest of the topside. It should be here tomorrow.

The bit of rain we had will sure help my grass grow. I've been watering the past week and a half, but it looks like only about 50% germinated. Still lots of bare spots. To heck with it. I'll get what's growing now filled in and then worry about the other bare spots next spring. It's less I have to mow anyway.

I guess I better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one gang.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Good morning all.....hot and humid here again this morning. Off to do some more consulting as soon as I finish up a little welding here at the shop. Got bunch of SS cones to cut and weld then off to xray.

MY stepdad had a heart attack late Saturday night and is still in the hospital...they said if he was going to have one he had the best one to have...no damage really...he had a block vessel in the lower part of the heart from what I got out of it.

You all have good one!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 80 in Louisville, going to 92. Yesterday hit at least 94, maybe a smidge higher, with humidity to match. We have a 50% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, so maybe we'll get a little break ... or not. Watering my veggies and flowers is a full-time job when it's like this. Really stresses 'em.

My older daughter and granddaughter are driving up today from just north of Houston, so y'all who read this in time, please lift up a prayer for safe travels. Her husband isn't making it this time, so she'll be driving about 15 hours solo. She's done it a few times before and is pretty comfortable. She does have Smith & Wesson onboard in case she needs any help.

Scott, I ran across a post on AR Kabooms that you and Paul Workman need to watch every so often. In fact, ALL of us who reload need to review this one every so often. Pretty scary stuff. :eek:

Charlie, it seems like every time you mention the boat you're either compounding it or waxing it. Are you doing that totally by hand or is there a power tool involved? Just curious.

Doug, I'll pray for your friend. A very close singing buddy of mine, also named Mike, died unexpectedly two years ago July 31. He was only 69 and had been healthy as a horse just a week or so earlier. It sounds like your friend has turned the corner, but he's likely to need a lot of support and encouragement.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Morning

It’s 61 on the way to 90 in the mountains of far Northern California. Reading, a nap, dog swimming and a BBQ are on the list today. Maybe a few casts this afternoon when the hatch comes off and the trout are hungry.

Have a great day and be careful out there.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,785 Posts
Hey Mike,

Yes there are some power tools involved. I bought a Harbor Freight 7" rotary polisher, which works well on big, flat areas, like the side of the boat. But it doesn't work very well in tight spots. I've taken my little power sander, with the triangle shaped head, put an old sock on it and wrapped it with the toe of the sock and zip tied it on. Works okay in the corners and around stuff. Most of the compounding absolutely needs to be done with power tools. Doing it by hand just doesn't "cut" it, pun intended. Waxing is all by hand. I apply the wax and buff off with a microfiber towel, but I could use, and probably should have used a random orbital buffer. It might have done a little better job. I might give the outside another coat of sealer wax and use the buffer to take it off, if I feel like it.

Charlie

·
Registered
291 Posts
We're visiting at my sister's house just north of Houston, TX, and the past two days it has rained almost all of the time - from light to moderate rains, nothing heavy - and the temp has only reached the low 80's with more of the same for today. Humidity is 100%.

Its so cool outside that the locals think its February.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Not exactly morning, but I just didn't have the time today. I've been out and done my route and am back home where it's cool. We'll get into the 90's (already have) today, but the forecast is for slightly cooler with some rain tomorrow and the rest of the week. We had out bi monthly gun club meeting last night and I was able to report that the construction machinery is now on site and the work will begin today. We are running about six weeks behind but we have found out some things in the down time that could have caused us some problems, so it isn't all bad. I intend to get the building permits for the range sheds tomorrow or the next day and apply to get power to the range, about 800 yards. Some of the locals are giving the Mayor and commissioners a hard time because they didn't get a chance to stop us, but I think this will go away once we get started and they find that they can neither hear nor see us. We're going to be good neighbors, they just don't know it yet.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts