Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
48° here in Upstate NY this morning, a bit chilly to start with but the high temperature will be about 74°.

I had a busy day yesterday and today I will have a full day of being on the road. I have one appointment at 8:30AM, next one at 11:30AM and then 2:00PM.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Good Morning, 67 and cloudy in Waseca, 77 for the high with thunderstorms.
Got the RV washed, but not the truck. Looks like our weekend camping trip is called off. My daughter decided to go into labor three weeks early so I may get a grandson instead, depends on the doctors and how they feel about her condition.
Brought home more lumber yesterday, 3 more shelves to build today. I don't know how I got all this stuff in a room 1/3 the size of what I have here in my old house.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Great morning folks,

50° with mixed clouds & sun while the high should go into the 80's later here hear Halfway USA.

I'm not sure what got accomplished yesterday. I started out with good intentions. I was going to remove the soffit on the upper level of the house. I thought I would add some insulation to that portion of the outer wall and above the basement. Once I had the first corner open, I could see they nailed every piece of soffit. I also would require me to remove the J-channel too. I'd do far more damage removing it than it was worth.

Much of the day was spent getting the double wide ready for the next couple months of use. Debra Dearest backed the RZR up into the garage area & it fits perfect. Securing it to the tie downs will be easy. It shouldn't move around inside while we're on the rode.

I finished out the day chipping away at aluminum on that AR receiver.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
morning all. Starting out at 43, will hit the upper 80s for the next several days. Throw in some wind here and there too.
Mixed up day yesterday, seemed to work on about everything, sprinklers, both stacking trucks, swathers ect. Only thing I didn't get done was working on my baler and big blue tractor. Hope today is calmer.
I know of one sprinkler that needs me first thing this morning. Both drive lines on one tower are off for some reason. :eek:
Better move along, have a great day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,792 Posts
good morning gang. It's 59º here with bright sunshine and low humidity. But that's not going to last. Soon as the warm front between here and Kermit-ville gets here tomorrow, the heat and humidity will be going up, along with the chance of rain and storms. I got the widow neighbor's mowed after work last evening, and sprayed her weeds in her gravel driveway. Things are getting out of hand down there. I need to take the weed whacker down soon. I need to mow and weed whack mine too, just didn't get there yet. Maybe tonight? My grass I planted is growing pretty good. I have about 75% coverage now. Much better than what it was.

Consulted with Shane G last night a bit. He diagnosed some failed welds I found while waxing my metal in the boat. Turns out water intrusion/freezing was the culprit. Now to find a good welder that can fix it in the boat without burning it up.:rolleyes: My normal guy can't do it...his welder is hard-wired in one corner of the building that I can't get my boat anywhere close to. And the part is glued onto the floor so I can't take it off.

Well, I guess I better get busy. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 73 in Louisville and only going to 81. Thunderstorms are due all day long with a big front over around St. Louis due here sometime late this afternoon. Could have some flash flooding in low areas. Dean, I'm amazed at the temps you're having this time of year. A 40-degree swing from low to high seems strange to us in the East, but apparently is the norm out your way.

My Monday was a quiet one. My employer, Humana, has encouraged work-at-home to the point where there are usually only 2-3 people on my team in the office on any given day. Yesterday there were 2 of us, probably the same today. I miss the interaction, but it does allow you to concentrate on something and bear down without interruptions.

Consulted with Shane G last night a bit. He diagnosed some failed welds I found while waxing my metal in the boat. Turns out water intrusion/freezing was the culprit. Now to find a good welder that can fix it in the boat without burning it up.:rolleyes: My normal guy can't do it...his welder is hard-wired in one corner of the building that I can't get my boat anywhere close to. And the part is glued onto the floor so I can't take it off.

Charlie
Charlie, I know you and Shane discussed welding, but did you happen to consider JB Weld for this repair? A lot of boat parts like that are what I call pot metal and can hardly be welded anyway. If the main goal is making it look better and keeping water out of the crack, I'd consider the JB Weld. Just sayin'.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Good morning from the Rainsoaked sticks of Kentucky, I sure would hate to try to build a fire with these sticks by rubbing two together like they do on that TV show Neckid and Afeared.
I see my rain gauge has ran over during the past 24 hours and it is still sprinkling. There's a big thunderstorm 30 miles north of us according to the radar.

What a day on the green board!!
Ken got the RV washed.....George is fixing computers online.....Skruske is tearing siding off his house trying to find something to work on....Fisherman is still working??......Charlie has a microscope looking at his boat welds......Kermit has rain .....Dean has so much to do he don't know what to work on first.....
I'm out on the front porch watching it rain! I am ON VACATION since JB is somewhere in Georgia?
Not much planned due to wet fields, that I can't get a bush hog on. Feeding cats may be the big project today?
MPC, your friend Arthur has arrived with the rain.

George, I sent you a PM about my laptop under the couch, seems it has been up to nefarious things.
Skruske has been trying to fix my weed whacker by text, but I may have to take it up to Michigan for hands on help? I may give it another shot later today.

I read this post and it looks like Tom wrote it. Ha.Ha.
It's 5 O'clock somewhere, maybe crack a jar at 9 am?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
already in the low 70's @ 5:30 here in the hollow. Thunderstorms are likely around mid-day and we could use some of the rain that's falling to the north. It amazes me how dry it's gotten since all the rain only a few weeks ago. Along with running my Monday route I visited the new range yesterday. No trees removed yet, but the road in is nearly excavated. Probably get some rock on it by the end of the week and tree removal will begin shortly thereafter. That's when the overall look of the place will change drastically.
No big jobs planned for today, but several small projects, mostly business related, but I do have to stuff some 223 AI cases for PD Safari 2018 Phase II. I won't be filling everything I shot on the first trip, but the Vulcan Death Ray (Atlas 223 AI) is my current favorite and it's almost out of ammo. I never even screwed on the 221 Furball barrel, so it should get a workout this time. I'll also need to refill some 20 Vartarg cases as it's my best walkabout.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts