Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Tuesday Morning

702 views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Greyfox 
#1 ·
50° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature to get up to about 62°. It has rained most of the night and we are to get more rain today.

Yesterday morning I did a little work up to the gun club and then the rest of the day was spent working on computers. Today I will be on the road most of the day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Great morning folks,

Cloudy, 65° with a southern breeze here near Halfway USA. Chance of rain today if it drifts in from Indianapolis.

More wood cutting yesterday. It was supposed to be some splitting, hauling & stacking but then Deb's dad asked me to cut up an Oak tree top. By the time both saws ran out of gas, I had a trailer full & two more truck loads on the ground.:rolleyes: The tree top is already under cover in the wood shed. I have a bit more to retrieve this morning along with the 4 wheeler, splitter and wagon.

DD is a quite tired of this whole wood cutting activity. She told one of her facebook friends she was going to put a pillow over my face while I sleep. :eek:

#3 ·
Good Morning

68 degrees with a slight drizzle this morning after a day of pouring rain all day yesterday.
Went to the range after work yesterday. I have to admit, I feel a little guilty about playing , knowing that Scott and Debra are slaving away taking trees apart.
Since it was raining pretty hard, I had the range to myself. The 15+ year old H322 performed admirably in the AR. While I was there, I did a little plinking with the 9mm and 45 LC too.
Looks like my son and I might go again today after work.

Try to make it a good day

#5 ·
Good morning, 61 in Iowa, 60 all day with rain.
I got the dump truck running yesterday, varmints had chewed the battery cables. The should help it sell. Got an old car, 1940 Magic Chef stove and a 8 ft step ladder remaining.
Lots of old tires and another roll off to fill then we can go home. Looking forward to to that.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#6 ·
morning all. 40 here, with low to mid 70s later. Might even be a little dew this morning, hope so.
Baled yesterday till the hay got too dry, wasn't enough dew to last long.
Two of the hay swathers broke down yesterday so I had something to do the rest of the day. Got one fixed, the other has 'puter problems that are way over my head!
So only one old swather ran yesterday but got some cut. Only about 180 more acres to cut!:D Sure will be nice to be done.
Better get, bacon smelling mighty good this morning!
Have a great day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#8 ·
Morning folks. Same weather here as George F, just add a few degrees here or there. It rained most of the day yesterday and all thru the night. More for today. Should clear out tonight, but another round of storms will roll thru tomorrow. Creeks are up and looking like chocolate milk again. Guess we're done fishing on the Bay, since it looks like mud and is full of debris from up-river. I don't need to hit a log and break my lower unit or prop. My license expired the 7th. Guess I'll just renew next spring.

I loaded ammo for Tyler's 6.5 last night. He might get to shoot some later today with his dad. Sure wish I could buzz out and go along with him. That's the first I've pulled the lever on the Rock Chucker in quite some time. I need to sit down and see what ammo I have loaded for hunting season. I should have some. We ain't killed hardly anything with the guns in several years. I also need to get a scope on a 22-250AI and get ready for coyotes.

Almost 3 weeks into MD archery season now, and I don't even have my license yet. PA season starts Saturday and I have to work all day. Why does life have to be so danged busy?

Well, I guess I should get busy. Prayers sent. Rest up DD! :D

Charlie

#9 ·
Hey I beat Charlie.... rats! He posted while I was typing

Sitting in O’Hare airport getting ready to take a puddle jumper to Rochester MN. I am two hour ahead of West coast time. Raining and upper 60’s. I am semi on vacation. I am keeping my daughter company as she starts the employment process at Mayo Clinic. We are flying on to Harris PA. I am probably going to swing down to Gettysburg and harass Charlie Sterner.
Have a great day

#10 ·
Good morning, GoGo. It's 71 in Louisville, going to 80 with rain, rain and then some more rain. Looking at the radar, which apparently Skruske already checked, I'd say Doug Roberts in Indy is gonna get hit squarely by a big green/yellow blob that's gonna go just north of Louisville. Looks like a bunch of rain in that rascal for sure. Better get you some floating golfballs, Doug.

Charlie, I have a 1 p.m. meeting with my money man and I asked him to bring in a certified financial planner. My my money man's strengths lie with investments and while he knows lots about associated retirement issues, his focus is on the money. I'm looking to add someone who focuses more on things like reducing taxes and such. For example, I just learned via a Wall Street Journal article that after retirement you can donate money from your IRA directly to a charity, like your church, and it doesn't count as income, so you don't pay income tax on it. Further, if you're over 70 and have to take required minimum distributions, that money give directly to charity counts against that RMD. So, if you give to a church or other charity and you have a healthy IRA, this sure looks like the smart way to give. Those are the kind of tips I'm looking for someone to tell me about.

Y'all have a good'n, try to keep your powder dry, and be safe out there.

#11 ·
KF,
I gave generously though out my working, earning life. Now that my potential to refill dwindled coffers is minimal I have to consider the risk of a catastrophic illness that could be a real financial burden. I also have a special needs situation that has to be funded after I am gone. Now, to me charity must begin at home. I will give my time, effort and experience but not much money.

#12 ·
Cloudy, with light rain and temp in the upper 70's. Altogether, it's pleasant. I've been to the dermatologist this morning to have a biopsy of a possible skin cancer and also had a couple precancers frozen off. This is a regular thing for me. When the nurse asked how many I'd had removed, I could not remember. There had been quite a few, both frozen and surgically removed.
Have an appointment in downtown Nashville shortly with a financial person. I don't have a large retirement fund, but I'm at the age where withdrawal is required and we're setting up a new fund for the withdrawal $$. I don't really need it now, but expect to later and if I take it I will spend it.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.