Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
37° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature is to get up to about 48° today. Yesterday it got into the 50's but it was windy all day, today the wind is to calm down some.

I was on the road some yesterday and today I will be on the road all day. It is getting that time of year where people are using their computers more and the scammers are out in full force. A lot of "This is Microsoft" scams going around.

Where is JR this morning, I hope he is all right.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The thermometer is telling me it is 37 degrees right now and the lady on TV says it’s going to get up to 56 today.
Prayers up for Debra and her family. Wishing she and Scott a safe return trip home.

Moved more firewood closer to the house yesterday so I should be ok for the next couple weeks. Not much going on after work today. Might split some wood and then head down to the gun club meeting.

Where are you JR ?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Good morning, 36 in Waseca, near 50 today. No rain either.
Need to drop off the RV for service and head to Iowa. There is 2 loads of stuff to bring home to my over stuff garage.
I have been spending my time banging my head on the keyboard hurry up and and get this issue of the Journal finished. 2 pages left.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Morninboys...
56 herehigh on RUGER Mt this morning.
Light drizzle and no wind.
Got a couple more guns to find a load.for.
Might keep me from my.rest.but that will be ok...lol
You allhave a gooden today and GODBless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
morning all. 15 to start a fall day. May get into the low 50s, it did yesterday.
After the all day bitter wind on Sunday the coyotes were out in force yesterday, everywhere I went I saw coyotes. Only shot one, I'm such a nice guy!
Got all the antifreeze checked in everything around the farm, I think. Seems when you think you've got them all and drive around you find another motor that needs checked.
Started working on the next muzzleloader clean up project. This one doesn't have the rust that the last one had. Just needs cleaned and the stock needs the most work.
Better get moving along. Have a great day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Good Morning

My Prayers to Scot & DD' family. Its 33 here and the first frost of fall, maybe I can work in the garden without being chewed on by squiters !!! Another Dr. visit today and then I just might make it to the woods for some Squirrel population control. Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Administrator
11,784 Posts
good morning folks. It's 49º with clouds here. They're calling for partly cloudy skies today, but I doubt we see much sun. It rained off and on most of the day yesterday and I wasn't able to get my mowing done. I did get to hunt a bit, down at the widow neighbor's. That's as close as I can get to where I saw the huge 6 yesterday. Unfortunately, nothing came my way.

Short week today's my HUMP day. I have off Thurs and Fri to hunt early MZ in MD. I have my yearly evaluation/disappointment session this morning. What do you do when all you get is mediocre reviews from your superiors, yet you get outstanding reviews from your peers? They can't understand why some climb the ladder and others are stuck holding it for them.:confused: First time in my career where I'll be demanding a raise/promotion. I think I deserve it. See if they do...

Well I better get prepared. Prayers sent. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Good morning from frosty Indy. It’s supposed to get clear up to 56. 34 now, 40 by our tee time at 10:00. We actually have a plan to go shoot the Valkyrie. The range is free and open to the public so I won’t go on the weekend. Damfools in large numbers but it’s the only place within reasonable driving distance where we can shoot up to 200 yards.

Prayers for DD, Was, and the USA.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Good morning, GoGo, from the beautiful Smokey Mountains of Tennessee. It's 58 in Gatlinburg. Supposed to go to 68 with 90% chance of rain/sprinkles/something all day.

Today was gonna be my Try to Catch an Expensive Trout day, but I think I'll bump that down the list to another day. The activity is titled that because of what the licenses and such cost for an out-of-stater. All things considered I'd probably be better off going over around Bryson City, NC, to one of those pay-to-play trout ponds. At least there you KNOW you're going to catch a fish. Knife store up around Sevierville is a sure thing, though. Only problem I have there is getting out without MAJOR damage to my credit card. Plus, there's a Lodge cast iron outlet right there near the knife store.

Got to watch a bear yesterday morning no more than 10-15 yards from the truck window. He was snuffling around through some leaves and eating something. Then later in the day, over in Cherokee, N.C., we got to see the elk herd as we headed back over the mountains. These critters aren't' fenced, but apparently the rangers have 'em trained to come out in this big field right by the visitor center at certain times of day. They probably bait 'em. Ha! I picture this as pretty much like Was's elk hunt, which he freely admits. I texted him and asked him which one to shoot. He said something like, "Shoot two and then keep the biggest." Skruske rolls with the punches like a pro!

·
Registered
977 Posts
The last time I made the Cades Cove loop,
someone spotted a bear, people got out of their cars
which blocked traffic on the one lane rd for 1.5 hrs.
Park rangers had to be called in to get traffic moving.
I've been there several times, w/o any problems, but
this fiasco will cause it to be my last trip.
BTW, I have never seen anything on that loop that
I can't see in my yard. I had 2 Eagles fight over
a fish in my yd. I can drive 6mi to LBL go into the
elk pen and see plenty of 6x6s, 5x5s, and listen to
them bugle this mo(OCT).
I still enjoy the mountains and will be making a trip in
a couple of wks, but just not into Cades Cove. LDS

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Upper 40's and cloudy in the hollow. Going only to the mid 50's sometime today. I'm trying to wrap my head around packing up for a three day trip in the Cumberland mountains with my wife and the Westies. Add to that fitting 5 work days into 2 1/2 and it gets complicated. I also have an hour counseling session with a financial person at 10:00. I don't have a lot, but I'm intending to use some wise management principles just in case I live longer than I should. Going to try and time it so the $$ runs out about the same as my breath. Haven't checked with the contractors, but I'm pretty sure the weather really slowed things down. We have more than 6" of rain in the past three days and that can't be good for construction.

G'day Y'all
Rick

·
Administrator
11,784 Posts
well, fairly good news on the Performance Eval front. I didn't have time to meet with my manager prior to my eval this year, but it turns out my ambitions/goals clearly align with his vision for my future and company needs and my performance warrants it, so it just may be possible that I do get a little promotion. We'll see what the bean counters come up with with their review of my eval and my manager's plan. Always fun to be stuck in limbo...it's not going to happen overnight.

·
Administrator
1,713 Posts
Good luck Charlie

Glad your eval went well and good luck on getting a nice promotion and a big raise. Of course these days any raise beats a sharp stick in the eye.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts