Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Tuesday Morning

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  T.D.C. 
#1 ·
5° here in Upstate NY this cold morning, the high temperature is only to get up to about 21° today. They say it will be cold all the way though Friday and then it will warm up this coming weekend.

I was on the road yesterday and it will be the same for today.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Good morning

8 degrees here this morning. Fed the stove and I’m on my second cup already. Talked to a former coworker in Phoenix yesterday. He said it was 70 degrees there and I must admit I was a little envious. I ended up working late last night so I didn’t get any reloading done. Gun club meeting tonight and staying warm are on the agenda.

#3 ·
Good Morning

6 here in NC Ohio with 12mph wind , baby its cold outside!!!! Oh well it is what it is in the Ohio valley. Fires need fed and coffee is ready and a Furniss man to come out to give a estimate on LP gas heat for the greenhouse and barn. Stay warn and Prayers to those and country. Mike

#4 ·
Good morning from Bartonville Texas, a chilly 21 now, 44 maybe later this morning.
Not much accomplished yesterday, I need to get productive today, lots of writing to do.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#5 ·
Good morning gang it's 14* in SWV, thought I bought the farm yesterday afternoon. I slipped on the ice and hit my lower hip and back of my head. I know I was out for a couple of minutes, my butt and left jaw is a little sore this morning. Think I'll take it easy today, take care my friends stay warm and God Bless.

#6 ·
Good morning from Indy. We’ve got 10 degrees heading for 20 with nothing falling from the sky. Supposed to have a warmup coming but today won’t see it. Gonna’ work on not freezing and that’s about it.

Have a good day.

#7 ·
Good morning everyone. Cold here this morning and as expected the water to the sinks in the bathroom froze. It is a add on to the building and I don't think they insulated it very well. Most of the time it freezes in the pex that is going through a wall. At least the crapper aint froze up!

Got a couple more wire spools sent off yesterday and will weld more today. I have a dentist appt. today to get the temp crown off and the new one put on. Hopefully it goes quick. I did work on my truck bed some more yesterday before I left the shop. I need to trim my box doors down a little and fit the hinges and latches and I should be able to shoot some paint on it soon. I did get the vacuum pump seals ordered so soon as they come in I can get that leak stopped and hopefully that is the only one.:rolleyes:

Hope everyone stays warm today and stays safe!

#8 ·
Mornin boys...
19 here high on RUGER Mt this morning ...
Supposed to be colder tonight.
Charlie, heard the walleye are biting, don't know
how they've been fishing with the warer as.high as it.is
but heard they had been getting some. Maybe after.this cold spell
I can jerk ones jaw...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

#9 ·
morning all. 20 here this morning, still have a little snow left, most melted off yesterday. Finally ended up with about 3" and the wind left it alone so no drifts. Will be muddy again for a few days as it will be in the mid 40s today and low 50s tomorrow.
Spent all morning doing chores and watching cows in the snow storm. Cleaned the shop up but didn't get another project in, maybe today.
Haven't seen a coyote for a couple days but heard a lot of howling last evening, they may be out this morning :D
Have a great day and hope everyone stays warm and safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#10 ·
Good morning, GoGo. It's 12 in Louisville with a light breeze making it feel way colder. Supposed to get up around 29 later in the day. Staying bitter cold until Friday or so.

Worked at home yesterday, but have to go in the rest of this week. In addition to driving in, I also have to walk a couple blocks for a meeting this morning. That oughtta be brisk.

Not much else to report. Have a good'n and be safe out there. Don't let one slip up on you, like the fall Joez took. Hope you're back to normal soon, Joe.

#11 · (Edited)
good morning folks. It's 18º here and was only 61º INSIDE my house this morning??? Propane furnace was going along with the coal stove. And we were running an electric heater in the breezeway to cut down the draft. I think I need to caulk some logs! I figured I'd be burning mostly coal this week so I only brought in a little wood. Don't want too much in the basement because if I don't use it up by spring, the bugs come out and invade the house.

Well, I better get to work. Lot to do. Happy Fastnacht day all. (If you don't know what that is, you're missing out. Let's just say, it's not on my diet.)

Have a good one!

Charlie

Good luck Donnie! Catch a few for me.

#12 · (Edited)
Great morning folks,

Clear with 57° and 80° expected for later out here in the dirt and rocks east of Yuma.

Monday's adventure was a drive then a ride about 20 miles north to the Big Eye Mind in the Kofa wildlife refuge. Saw a covey of Gambrel's Quail and several Phainopepla. That's a bird about the size of a Cardinal with a black body and a crest that is Indigo color.

We rode 18 miles over rough two track then hiked up hill a 1/4 mile to the mind cabin.

The shaft is still open and is passable.

Push cart rails still run out of the entrance and down in. It makes a loop about to about 50yds into the hard rock and back out. Overall, about 100yds in two connected shafts. I believe that ballast tank from the steam drill is laying in the way to discourage foolishness.

This side shaft is about 25 feet down along the vein on quartz.

Deeper in, a vertical cut went up to day light along the quartz.

#13 ·
Morning Gents! Its 21º here and Sunny headed for 40. Its forecast to slowly warm up during the week and then rain again.

The contractors arrived yesterday, on time, and started on the kitchen. They got all of the old cabinets out, all of the old floor up and all of the old texture off of the ceiling. I thought it was a good day, all in all. Today will be new texture on the ceiling but I'm not sure what else.

Dust! Did I say anything about dust? Its everywhere even though they isolated the kitchen with plastic over all of the doors. Oh well, not a biggie.

You'all have a good one.

#14 ·
A few more pics.

Another vertical shaft on a side leg was 15 feet deep.

The view from the top of the shaft heading down on a donkey path to the cabin.

I doubt the damncow farmer ever delivered to this box. :D

Not much gold or silver came out of the mine. There are bits of Maganiferous Calcite still along parts of the walls but I could not get a decent picture to show the reflective glow with my phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.