Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25° here in Upstate NY this morning, with the high temperature to be about 33°. It is to be a partly sunny day with some wind. Yesterday wasn't too bad a day but it windy. Thursday it should be in the 50's and Friday the 60's and then it will cool down for the weekend once again.

I was busy at home and on the road yesterday and it will be the same today except I will be on the road all day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas, 58 headed to 63 and rain. Doing the final proof of the Journal today then off to the printer. Yesterday with my wife helping we fixed a troubling format issue.
I am still trying to get a quote on adding shock absorbers to the RV.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
morning all. 37 and wet here, rained during the night, that's just wrong for here in March, but we need the moisture just hope it was snow on the mountain!
Wasted a afternoon in town yesterday, well not totally. Got the doc appt. out of the way, new lenses in my glasses and pickup batteries for the JD tractor. But didn't get the transmission on my work pickup flushed, truck set from 1:00 till 4 with nothing being done, then they had to drive it to warm it up, told me the check engine light came on and the transmission wouldn't shift... bull....!:eek: Think they just wanted to do a bunch of other work on it. I got the key and came home, nothing wrong, no light shifts fine. Find somewhere to get work done.
Have a great day and remember the prayer requests.
GOD BLESS. Dean
The sad part about this truck issue is that it was the Ford dealer where the pickup was bought to begin with!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Good Morning

26 here in NC Ohio with bright sun and no wind on the way. Well I planted lettuce and spinach in one of the garden beds yesterday. Does that make me the first to plant in Northern Ohio? If it grows ok if not no big deal, just seeing how much the raised beds can push the season. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 36 in Louisville, going to 54. Highs near 70 tomorrow and Thursday, with rain on Thursday. Heard a male cardinal singing his head off yesterday. Sounded like spring to me.

Dean, I suspect you're right that the tranny repair place was trying to drum up additional work. But what baffles me is why they try things like that when the customer is an old guy with grease under his nails. Were you dressed up like a city slicker or something? :D I remember 50 years ago when a car engine really did need a tuneup every year. Mostly we did our own work, but my dad taught me that if I ever needed to take the car for someone else to do the work, there were a few things you should do first. He'd take a bottle of fingernail polish, find a spark plug that was easy to reach, and he'd brush a stripe of polish from the plug down onto the block. He'd sometimes also mark the oil filter and the air filter. When he went to pick up the car, after the tuneup, the first thing he'd do is pop the hood and look for his "tell" marks. I don't think he often ran into dishonest shops, but the whole idea made sense to me. He made clear that he didn't believe all mechanics were dishonest; it was more of a "trust but verify" approach. He also taught me that if I ever had to let a shop do an oil change, the first thing you do is check the dipstick yourself before you drive off.

I'm venturing downtown to work today after working from home yesterday. Scott, I thought of you yesterday as I worked in a washing machine repair job in and around my paid work. I think the washer is mended now. I learned that there sure are a lot of sharp sheet metal edges inside a washing machine.

Miss Cindy's back is mending and I took her on a short trip to Sam's Club around dinnertime last night.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 48º here and raining. The rain should be gone by mid morning and the temps are headed for the 60's. It looks like more rain for tomorrow and Thursday with possible T'storms.

Day 7 of the remodel. The cabinets were delivered yesterday. They also moved the plumbing to the new locations for the sink and dish washer and ran the gas line for the new stove. I probably would have done the plumbing before laying the new floor but I think the tile guys showed up unexpectedly. I guess they will start setting the cabinets today?

You'all have a good one!

·
Administrator
13,797 Posts
Good morning folks. It's about 35º here with cloudy skies. Maybe the sun's just not up yet, IDK? Looks to be a nice, warm day in the mid 40's and getting up to 70 Friday, but with rain. Yesterday sure was nice, but I had a deadline and ended up working until 5:30 last evening, so I didn't get to enjoy any of it. Have to work tonight at the shop, so won't get to today either. Sigh. At least my change of departments/promotion at work is progressing and hopefully more $$ comes soon.:)

Speaking of work, I better get back to it. Have a good one.

Charlie

PS - Mike, I noticed more birds singing in the mornings as well. Also the waterfowl appears to be returning north. Spring is close!

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says 31 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Took off today, going to JB's to work on his house.
Been awhile since we've worked on it and he has some stuff
that he's ready to fix. Tuckers off to so I hope we get it done
in 1 day.
Charlie, got a report that its real rough at the dam, said it was dangerous to
be fishing below it now with all the rain we've had. 1 of the guys that's lived there
for years said it was too risky to even try. Said more water is coming over it than he's seen before. Guess we'll just have to wait til it goes down, by then maybe the rock and hybrid will be there too...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
10,494 Posts
Good morning from the Lincoln Square Pancake House, Stop 11 Rd and Madison Av, Indy. It’s 29 here heading for the low fiddies. Just another little slice of heaven in the midwest. Julie took her friend Shirley to the ER around 9:00 last night. She got home about 3:00 so she’s still in the rack. Looks like a haircut may be my excitement for the day.

Have a good’n.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
48º and sunny in the hollow, going to the low 60's by this afternoon. Spring has arrived in Middle TN, even if we are going to have some more cool weather now & then. Yesterday was a typical Monday and I spent most of it on my route. Last night was the bi-monthly gun club meeting. Since most of the important stuff is being accomplished and most members seem to be pleased with the progress, attendance is back to the normal 25 or so (membership is near 600). This is OK with me as I can answer most questions and things go smoothly. The secretary and I have a meeting with the lady who is constructing our new website. It's up and running and we are adding stuff. midtnsportingassociation.com Check us out. The 1st UBR match is scheduled to be held on April 6 and I'm expecting some visitors from other areas. Hope to get most things done that we will need, like the power connected and such.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Mostly great morning folks,

51° & 61° for a high with RAIN, lots of rain in the desert near Florence AZ. The dust won't be blowing for a couple days that's for sure. The solar panel will be asleep with this thick cloud cover.

The trip here was not a smooth as hoped. It was idiot driver qualification day and I'm here to tell ya, they are making better idiots every day! We had to divert our route rather hastily when an overpass warned of 13'3" and the big double IS 13'3"! :eek: Mike rolled under with two inches clearance while we took a frontage road a mile or so around right into downtown Casa Grande AZ.:rolleyes:

We are camped near the Gila Canyon BLM trail head. We took a short ride in the late afternoon & the terrain here is different than over in Yuma. A LOT more cactus & rolling hills to explore. But not today because of so much mud. Perhaps a trip to Mesa is on the agenda. For now, it will be another pot of coffee. Stop by for a cup. Turn off highway 79, we're about a mile in.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Morning guys, 30 degrees here this morning with heavy cloud cover, Lots of rain in the forecast for today but that's OK as I have lots of inside stuff to do. Plus maybe it will help the snow to disappear. I have a hunch the -30 degree temps got my peach trees again this year just to much snow to hike out and look at them. Didn't have any last year because of cold temps.

Have a good one guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.