Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
32° here in Upstate NY this morning, it is supposed to get up to about 51° today. Yesterday was a rainy day most of the day and there was damage from storms on Sunday night around the area. The worst of it was to the south of us. There wasn't any real tornados in the area but some very severe thunderstorms.

I was on the road all yesterday morning and then in the afternoon I was quite busy here at home. Today is to be about the same scenario but reversed.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

42 here in NC Ohio going to 70 today. Yesterday was windy and chilly, not good on an old man. Today looks like a good day to test the GH bait, see how they like a good old salad bar offering. Garden work on the agenda today and git the heavy work done by the 17 year old when he gets out of school. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Good Tuesday morning. It’s 43 in Indy heading for 73. Up a bit early here thanks to Julie’s alarm clock. She’s got the 40 minute drive to work instead of the 4 minute drive today. Happens 2-3 times a month. I’ve got the 8 minute drive to the pancake joint. Gotta’ swing a golf hammer some time today.

Up and at ‘em. Have a good’n.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas 61 and getting cloudy, 76 later.
Hope to get out today, had to stay around yesterday as my wife had a medical issue. I hear the coffee shop calling me.
Not much else to do.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Mornin boys...
Ain't looked at the temp yet but we're supposed to have a frost on this mornin.
Tucker went hunting this mornin. I'm taking a boy at work thursday.
Better get moving, this work thing sure gets in the way of my hunting and fishing...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
morning all. 35 and will be "breezy" again today, wasn't too bad yesterday.
Chance of some moisture tonight and tomorrow, sure need some.
234 calves got branded yesterday, things went good, even if it was a rookie crew. Guess they have to learn sometime, at least no one got hurt.
Back to the shop, and then some sprinkler work to get done. Have to work on one of the neighbors sprinklers. Hired man was burning ditches and burned the tires and gear boxes and wireing off the end tower of their sprinkler, so I have to fix it. At least it's with all new parts.
Have a great day and stay safe, Prayers for the needy.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Dean had a lot of pretty calves to play with yesterday. Its always good whe no one gets injured.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Good Morning

39 degrees here this morning and getting back up to the 70’s today.
Got Dad’s elm tree cut up yesterday and the ground should be dry enough to haul it out today.
Gun club meeting tonight. The Spring cleaning continues. Pressure washing the deck will resume tomorrow, weather permitting.

Make it a good day.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Good sunny morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have 40° to start the day. Heading to 70s with hopefully not as much wind.
We had really windy days the last couple days, blew down a couple big trees in the woods behind my house. One was a Beech about 30 inches diameter and the other one is an ash about the same size. I have firewood it seems but i dont like trees that big anymore.

Doug Roberts is up early, he must be wanting that Rural King free popcorn
Real bad. I didn't work on the barn yesterday but my construction partner is coming back today so i may do sumpin. Refugees from the late Michigan snow storm stopped by McD for a few minutes and we had ice cream.

Today is Bouncer the Cats 11th birthday. He will have KFC chicken breast at his party.

Still slinging out hay rolls for cows, and had 2 new babies yesterday, so i better go check on them.

·
Administrator
13,439 Posts
good morning varmints. It's a chilly 40º here this morning, but the sun's out and the wind is down so it'll probably get to the high 60's later today. Yesterday was a windy mess. I had all the sticks picked up from the winter but after yesterday I'll have to have another go round. I spent an hour or so pulling weeds last evening. Trying to get them under control before they get out of hand and go to seed. I have a load of mulch coming one of these days. It's been at least 2 years so we're really in need of it. Our flower beds have become jungles.

Turkeys are gobbling pretty good up here. I messed with some last evening in the yard. Our season starts the 27th. Next year I'll be able to take Lillie out on youth day.:) Need to find time to get the boat ready before the weekend. I hope the weather cooperates tomorrow afternoon so I can get my nav light hooked up. Might be a good idea to make sure the engine fires up as well. :rolleyes:

Well I better get busy. Still fighting the crud, but slightly better each day. Miss Sue thinks she's coming down with something though. :(

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. I'm working from home today, so I get an extra hour of sleep. It's 49, going to 76. Lots of sun expected and 20mph wind this afternoon.

JR, that Bouncer is one fine cat, but he's kind of a pretty boy, y'know? You're sure he's a real tomcat, right? Just sayin' ...

Carl, I know we've had a little rain, but you're behind on photos of pond bass and crappie. Tell your wife that you'd love to do the yard chores, but your Internet fans are clamoring for fish pictures. I can't remember which of the AC/DC brothers is your dad, but say hi to him from the ol' Kentucky Fisherman. And with Mr. Jim Campbell gone now, tell your dad we have an opening for BBB Elder Statesman. All he has to do is show up, eat lunch, and tell a few funny stories. Frequently Mr. Campbell would bring along several nice looking girls, but I don't want to put too much pressure on your dad.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there. Especially you, JR.

Carpman

PS. I'm not a damcowfarmer, so I have to ask: That picture of a corral full of calves, those are yearlings, right? Can't see those being this year's calves.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning all, 44 headed to 75 here today. I first off want to thank you all for your posts about infection and my tooth pulling escapade yesterday, JR knew correctly that I would not be back on the board before I went to the dentist and called me to make sure I got a antibiotic, cant buy friends like that folks!! The tooth doc broke the top off firs thing, then each root had long hooks under the jaw bone, and they were actually fused to the jaw bone, he had to drill between the roots and the bone to get them out, took about 20 minutes to get the deed done. My jaw is swelled up like I have a egg inside it, but no real pain, just sore. Stopped by the LGS and traded for a 1911, Stainless Metro Arms, the main company that makes all the Phillipines made 1911's. It had a commander hammer, beavertail safety, nice trigger, flat mainspring housing. It was tight in all the right places, barrel link, the barrel bushing. I took it out and shot it at about 15 yds, printed a nice little cluster dead on, I don't have much money it it, may keep it and shoot the crap out of it. Got to run, remember those in need of prayers, buff out.

·
Premium Member
5,480 Posts
Good morning everyone....pretty nice this morning so far. Yesterday after the ******* limo rolled out of here I got a call needing some light brackets made in a jiffy. Guy came to pick them up a little later and informed me there was 8000 gallons of shit on the highway from the dairy and a rolled tanker......this is number 4!

Took out a power pole with 3 phase running down the highway. I guess 2 wreckers and 11 Duke energy trucks were there all day. They had a shitty Monday for sure.:D
Trying to weld an old cast 3speed trans case at the moment so I better run as I also have to go look at rolled tanker for repairs

Have a good day!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Morning Gents! Kinda slow getting around today. Its 56º here and partly cloudy headed for the mid 70's. Looks like a pretty day shaping up but the rain will return tomorrow night and probably most of Thursday.

Not much going on today. The contractor will be here this afternoon to finish up the kitchen. He almost finished yesterday but was short a couple of sets of hinges. I also have to wait around for the repair guy to get here and look at the generator. I've had a lot of trouble with that thing!

If I get all of this stuff taken care of I'll head back to deer camp for a few days. Still wanting to tag a Turkey!

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Was 44º @ 6:00, but probably in the upper 60's now and going to the mid 70's with lots of sun. Going to be a very nice day. Usual stuff today, a mix of business, honey dos and fun stuff, with the fun stuff on the short side. Plan to lay out the shotgun range at the club tomorrow. Getting it done, but $$ is going to be a close thing. We need to recruit more members as we need their $$.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. I'm working from home today, so I get an extra hour of sleep. It's 49, going to 76. Lots of sun expected and 20mph wind this afternoon.

JR, that Bouncer is one fine cat, but he's kind of a pretty boy, y'know? You're sure he's a real tomcat, right? Just sayin' ...

Carl, I know we've had a little rain, but you're behind on photos of pond bass and crappie. Tell your wife that you'd love to do the yard chores, but your Internet fans are clamoring for fish pictures. I can't remember which of the AC/DC brothers is your dad, but say hi to him from the ol' Kentucky Fisherman. And with Mr. Jim Campbell gone now, tell your dad we have an opening for BBB Elder Statesman. All he has to do is show up, eat lunch, and tell a few funny stories. Frequently Mr. Campbell would bring along several nice looking girls, but I don't want to put too much pressure on your dad.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there. Especially you, JR.

Carpman

PS. I'm not a damcowfarmer, so I have to ask: That picture of a corral full of calves, those are yearlings, right? Can't see those being this year's calves.
Those are this years calves, all born after Feb 19th, that's when we started calving! They grow fast as long as momma is on good alfalfa hay!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Shane, your poop-a-geddon reminded me of an episode while commuting to college. It was an unlined paved rural road with undulations common in NW PA. We were following a vehicle and it went over a rise and we saw geyser of sorts. he had t-boned a spreader dead nuts as it made a left turn in from of him. the car was a convertible with the top down. We got there just in time to hear the characteristic plop,plop,plop of falling poop.
You guessed it, about 2/3 ended up in the passenger compartment of the convertible

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.