Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
44° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature to get up to about 75°. Yesterday was another nice day, we are to get some rain tonight and again Friday they say.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours up to the gun club, I did a little shooting and I also had to do some repairs. Someone managed to break some bolts for the gong chains on two ranges. Today I will be on the road all day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

59 here in NC Ohio with some light rain later today. Yesterday was great with sun up to 70. I put some old head lettuce in the live traps, which I thought would be a good GH bait but no takers as of last night. Back to trying to catch them with a rifle. I have too much respect for GH's to gas them in their den as some people have suggested. Coffee is done and time to get on with the day. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Great morning folks,

Clear with 63° now, sunny and 84° later here in Grandkidville.

Yesterday the grandkids had no school which meant mommy had no school so Zac had a day off. We packed up the family truckster and went to the beach. Sand & surf & sunburn were enjoyed by all. The ride was rolling out and it was interesting to watch how quickly the waters edge moved away.

Not sure what Debra Dearest has in mind for activity for today for us. Everyone else resumes their regular routine.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
morning all. 36 and damp out side. High in the mid 50s today. Was windy and cool yesterday with dirt blowing, then finally around four it started to rain some, drizzle most of the evening. Could get some more today too. :)
Put a new set of plow shears on the big switch plow yesterday morning and by the time I got done the dirt was blowing so no sprinklers got serviced.
Have to make a trip to town today to donate blood, think that's all that needs done there.
Better move along, have a great day and be safe out there.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,544 Posts
good morning folks. It's 54º headed to near 80 later they say. Beautiful day in store, and I have to work...both jobs too. :( Had a nice day off yesterday, albeit a long one. Left the house at 4AM and returned just before 6PM. Trolled the whole day on the Bay without a hit. Only thing we fought was traffic on the way home. I pretty much unhooked the boat, went inside and did nothing all evening. Took a little nap before bed.:rolleyes: I have to get the fishing tackle away and boat cleaned up and under cover here soon. Not sure when we'll get to use it again. Long stretch of busy weekends ahead.

Well, it's back to work today. Have some catching up to do. Gotta run. Prayers sent. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 64 in Louisville, going to 79. Thunderboomers are due around 5 p.m.

Charlie, I'm sorry y'all didn't find the fish on Sunday, but at least you got the boat all checked out. Tell us how that new radar worked out and what kind of things you can spot with it.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Administrator
13,544 Posts
yeah Mike, it would have been nice to catch one fish.:rolleyes: The radar worked great. It has a 25 nautical mile range. Set on 8 miles, you could clearly make out land, the big ships anchored in the bay, the Bay Bridge and the fleet of boats that we were around. It was a nice, clear day, so I was able to see what the radar was showing. It's not the most powerful unit out there, it's old technology, but it'll be a good tool to have.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Tuesday

55 degrees already this morning. Looks like another long day at work so I won’t be going to the range this evening. That’s a shame because I have a whole lot of ammo that needs to be unloaded so I can reload it again.
Work should slow down by the end of the week. Maybe then I can get a few fishing pictures to post. So much to do with so little time.

Time is valuable-waste it wisely.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have Daylight and 55° going to about 80. The neighbor across the way wants to work on our line fence today, so that's the agenda for the day. He is a retired teacher and years of sitting around doing nothing....They don't even suspect they Maybe Should do something. Fence has fallen down, I ran electric 3 ft. Over on my side years ago.

I Am ON VACATION again as Judy Brown is going to Paducah for a big quilt show with a friend. I hope they have a good time...Dean's wife Gwynn needs to come also. These Quilting Wimmen act like US at a gun show.

I finally got my Japanese son to repair a piece to my hay fluffer, which will be in use in a month. This little Vermeer Yeller bar costs $60 and cann be plated from the bottom and welded back. He is good if you can get him out of his CanAm mud buggy ....years of working with the Japs has helped him.

Getting out to round up barbed wire and T Posts so if I can clip the photos I'm gone.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 60º and cloudy here headed for the upper 70's. I looks like the rain will start moving back in sometime tonight for the next couple of days.

Not much going on today. Probably leave out in a few to meet a buddy in town for breakfast and then head over to check out my Dove hold. Its about time to spray the weeds and get ready to plant.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Dean has some low clouds in the distance. Maybe i need to come help you work on that fence...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.