Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
45° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature to get up to about 46°. The temperature will drop later in the afternoon and we have a chance of some snow showers tonight.

Well I was on the road for most of the day yesterday instead of part of it. Gentleman picked his laptop up yesterday morning and then I went to an appt. I had an emergency call right after lunch and had to leave again. This morning I hope to be working at home and in the afternoon I will be on the road once again.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, 2 below, high is 3 above. Brrr. We got 3 inches yesterday. I stayed in all day. Cupboard is empty so I can't put off shopping. Need to scoop snow also.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Premium Member
4,534 Posts
Good morning everyone....at the shop and on the coffee this morning. I need to leave about 10am and run back home and take the dog to the vet for shots and a couple lump on her...had a few removed a few years ago too. She's getting some age on her but still pretty energetic.

Got my material in yesterday for the stone bucket and started fitting and welding it on. Hope to get it done this evening after the vet trip or early wed. morning. I have to be in Wilmore Ky by 1 pm on Thursday to pick up the daughter for break.

The temp dropped off pretty good last night so maybe the dogs will start moving a little more and I can get out and bump into a few of them.

Well back off to start making some smoke and fire!
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Good Morning

32 and falling fast here in NC Ohio with wind , not Dean wind but cold wind. Gotta' get at it today according to plans starting early today. Prayers to those and country and to JR and JB's mother. Mike

·
Registered
12,096 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 54 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Its raining and the trmps are going to the mid 20s tonight
and they are saying 30s tomorrow for the high and low 20s with snow tomorrow nite.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Great morning folks,

30° & the temp has been dropping about a degree an hour with the low for the day to get to 24° later here near Halfway USA.

Gun club meeting this evening. A few errands to run beforehand. Reloading bench for much of the day.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
morning all. 10 here with mid to upper 30s later, hope no wind but we'll see.
Didn't get much done in the shop yesterday, with chores and loading calves for the sale today. Boss man will be gone to that today.
Haven't seen a coyote for a couple days now, I know of a couple dead calves around the neighbors place, so might check them out today.
Better move along, prayers for those in need and our country.
Have a great day and stay warm and dry.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
341 Posts
Morning Guys,

11 degrees here this morning with just light snow on the ground. Snowed hard and fast here yesterday, had a 50 car pile up on I-80 during that squall as it turned to ice on the highway. I think I'm gonna hide out and do paper work today. Maybe order a couple things on line for the grandson for Christmas. Stay warm and have a good one guys.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 35º here headed to 38 with what they are calling a frozen mix. Its suppose to be out of here in a few hours and be colder tomorrow.

Didn't do much yesterday. Drove the Wife to a Dr's appointment yesterday afternoon and then met some friends for supper and drinks.

Not much planned for today either. I may have to pick up a deer from the processor but other than that I'll stay home.

Prayers for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Administrator
11,611 Posts
good morning folks. It's 45 here and starting to drop. Was near 50 when I went to bed. We have dark, gloomy drizzle here with it turning to rain in the afternoon, then snow overnight. Maybe 2". I hope not. I have a meeting in the morning in Frostburg which is 2 hours west. I'll be on the road all day like George. Think I'll take the company truck. Wouldn't wanna wrinkle mine.:D

Mom is still after her buck. She hunted yesterday until it started raining, but she didn't go back out in the afternoon when it stopped. Deer were everywhere on my drive home. She was home napping. :rolleyes: I told her to try this morning. With this cold/snow coming, they will be moving. Not sure if she made it out or not, but I left my boots at home...I'll probably get a call she got one here soon.:rolleyes:

Well, I need to get busy. Prayers for everyone in need, especially JB and her mom. Sorry to hear that. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. Well, you can tell from earlier reports that the cold is moving east. Last night around 11 it was still 61 degrees in Louisville. Yep, you read correctly, 61. Right now it's 31. It dropped 30 degrees in about 8 hours. Today's high will only be 34 and we're having 10-15 mph wind all day. Brrrrr!

Pretty standard Monday at work, not too bad. I'm hoping for the same today.

Good to see some new names in the morning post. Welcome, Iowa Fox. This morning thread will probably be pretty boring until you pick up on some of the inside jokes, but it's a good group and a nice way to start the day, for me anyway.

Y'all have a good day and be careful out there.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Good morning old man Blog from the sticks of Kentucky where we have Rain and 39° down from 60° at 11 pm last night.
JB got cold...I can tell by lookin..
She got the fire started back up in the woodstove.
Special GM to Iowa Fox who qualifies to post on here.

Damcows are huddled with their butts to the wind blown rain waiting for hay. I may wait a while to unroll some and will only do one at a time so they wont stomp it into the mud.

JB headed to town to check on her mom, and I am doing little.
I loaned my treasured Geo Metro to my AHole BIL yesterday as his truck is in the shop and he has a Dr appt.
I hope he doesn't wreck it....have to Lysol the entire vehicle if I get it back. Nasty SOB.
He wanted my Truck, but I said NO.

KF, i need to smoke a piece of hog but it will have to be on the front porch, then put it in the crock pot with some Cajun gravy mix like Greyfox uses. Taters and onions also.

Skruske, that switch came in Sat, but its still sitting here on the table.

Sure am glad I am no longer the Mailman today.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Tuesday

Good morning usual suspects. 21 and cloudy in Indy heading for 31. Today is my last day of nearly full mobility for a while. I think we're going to go to the indoor range. Julie has new night sights on her Glock 43X and I want to shoot the cherry pie Wrangler. Other than that, today is Doug doing what Doug does best... nothing.

If it clears up a little, I'll go out and look for the International Space Station at 6:38 PM. Supposed to be visible for it's longest duration .........6 minutes. It will appear WNW and disappear SE.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Morning all,34 headed to low 20's, 1-3" of snow predicted. Got to go to town and mail a ML I sold a guy, put my soybean check in the bank for hard times. Also going to put a full Dehydrator on with deer jerky, and also make some summer sausage. A friend stopped by yesterday to get me to buff up some knew/old case knives he bought at about a $1 each from an online auction, man did he make out like a bandit. We talked and shot the bull, when I finished them up he asked me what he owed me, I told him a cup of coffee the next time I was over his way. He then reached in his pocket and gifted me with 3 more Case XX Knives, a one armed man, a trapper and a Muskrat! I was floored but thanked him for the gift. In this part of the woods, where I grew up, getting or giving a knife to someone is something that is a sign of how much someone thinks of you. I really appreciate them, even though he only gave $1 each, they are easily worth $30-40 each. All the knives were new, unsharpened, just had a black stain on them, not rust. They all cleaned up like new, and I sharpened them with the buffing wheels I use to polish guns down before hot bluing them. Leaves a razor shaving sharp edge, with no signs of sharpening. Well got to run, you all have a good one, remember those in prayers who need them, Buff out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts